Tyreek Hill Battery & Child abuse thread

21 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Like I said, he probably would have been charged already if there was anything to this. It doesn’t take days to investigate something like this. Either there are elements of the crime or not.

Sometimes it does when you are lawyered up and have loads of cash. 

2 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Sometimes it does when you are lawyered up and have loads of cash. 

We’re not exactly dealing with a white collar crime here. An assault charge, at least here in NY, doesn’t take days to investigate. If there is a crime and a victim that wants to pursue charges then it happens pretty quickly. Every department and state can be different I guess. Still, if there was something to pursue then experience tells me it would have already happened.

Edited by Bangarang

40 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

We’re not exactly dealing with a white collar crime here. An assault charge, at least here in NY, doesn’t take days to investigate. If there is a crime and a victim that wants to pursue charges then it happens pretty quickly. Every department and state can be different I guess. Still, if there was something to pursue then experience tells me it would have already happened.

Maybe nothing is sticking then?

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Try again

I was actually trying to cut you a little slack because you didn't say he wouldn't be charged.....you said he didn't do it.

As an FYI, there are things called "investigations", typically done by "investigators".  They ordinarily take some time.  Interestingly they are not done in public.

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I was actually trying to cut you a little slack because you didn't say he wouldn't be charged.....you said he didn't do it.

Do you have reading comprehension problems? Where did I say he didn’t do it? 

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

As an FYI, there are things called "investigations", typically done by "investigators".  They ordinarily take some time.  Interestingly they are not done in public.

Considering criminal investigations is what I do for a living, I have a pretty solid grasp of how they work. Maybe you can tell me more though?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

Do you have reading comprehension problems? Where did I say he didn’t do it? 

Considering criminal investigations is what I do for a living, I have a pretty solid grasp of how they work. Maybe you can tell me more though?

You said there is probably nothing to it because he hasn't been charged.  Can you elaborate or will you just continue making statements and not explaining them?

9 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

You said there is probably nothing to it because he hasn't been charged.  Can you elaborate or will you just continue making statements and not explaining them?

I’ll give you an example of how things work in NY and hopefully that will help clarify things.

if a victim is claiming he/she was assaulted, there is evidence of such and he/she wants to pursue charges, then we get a location for the suspect and attempt to take them into custody right then as there. If we are unable to locate the person then we immediately secure a warrant for their arrest.

Since there hasn’t been a report of any charges or a warrant then the chances of either happening 3 days after the initial report are slim.

But again, this is all based on how things work in NY. Missouri could be different but I would imagine if there was enough to charge someone then it would have happened already. There very well could be a lack of evidence to support such a charge or a lack of cooperation from the victim. 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Bangarang said:

I’ll give you an example of how things work in NY and hopefully that will help clarify things.

if a victim is claiming he/she was assaulted, there is evidence of such and he/she wants to pursue charges, then we get a location for the suspect and attempt to take them into custody. If we are unable to locate the person then we immediately secure a warrant out for their arrest.

Since there hasn’t been a report of any charges or a warrant then the chances of either happening 3 days after the initial report are slim.

But again, this is all based on how things work in NY. Missouri could be different but I would imagine if there was enough to charge someone then it would have happened already. There very well could be a lack of evidence to support such a charge or a lack of cooperation from the victim. 

He deserves his due diligence. His history doesn't stop early judgement.

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

if a victim is claiming he/she was assaulted, there is evidence of such and he/she wants to pursue charges, then we get a location for the suspect and attempt to take them into custody right then as there. If we are unable to locate the person then we immediately secure a warrant for their arrest.

Let me ask you something. How would this change, if at all, if this were Star QB or Star WR on the Bills. And not in the theoretical world but in the real world?

Let the police do their work.  I understand it's a massage board and people want to express opinions but doing so without any info is a waste of time.  If he did this he'll get arrested and my hope is he never plays again.  Beating up a little kid is inexcusable.

14 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Let me ask you something. How would this change, if at all, if this were Star QB or Star WR on the Bills. And not in the theoretical world but in the real world?

It doesn’t change anything. We don’t hold off on charging someone because of their social status. If a victim wants to pursue charges then we are obligated to act.

• Awesome! (+1) 1