Remaining Free Agents - Tracking and Want List

ngbills

2 hours ago, JustWinPlease said:

I would REALLY like another OLB that can split time with Lorenzo Alexander (and take over next year)...

Anthony Barr was #1 on my list, but I knew that was a long-shot.

Shaq Barrett would have been a really nice addition, but he just signed for cheap.

Shane Ray could learn a lot from Lorenzo Alexander, and like Kevin Johnson he would be a former 1st round reclamation project for McDermott.

After that, all that is left is Thomas Davis...he would add great leadership, but would only be a one-year stop-gap.

(Jake Ryan and Brandon Marshall are ILB who could potentially play OLB...and Zach Brown has the speed to play OLB, but I'm not sure he's ever played there.)

Maybe they draft a young OLB, I don't have much faith in Julian Stanford or Deon Lacey. (Unless Corey Thompson forces his way onto the team.)

I'd also like them to look into Randall Cobb on a cheap, incentive-laden deal...same with a pass-catching TE like Eifert or Seferian-Jenkins.

Shaq Barrett was one guy I would have liked to get.

We have zero depth at LB. 

• Like (+1) 1

Cassius Marsh just got released from the Niners. I always kind of liked his game, and he can rush the passer. Could be similar to Lorax as a guy who can play an edge and off the ball. He's also excellent on special teams. Best part about him is he hates the Patriots and bad mouthed them on his way out of town. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Cassius Marsh just got released from the Niners. I always kind of liked his game, and he can rush the passer. Could be similar to Lorax as a guy who can play an edge and off the ball. He's also excellent on special teams. Best part about him is he hates the Patriots and bad mouthed them on his way out of town. 

Agreed.........he was pretty good at "defending every blade of grass" in that Seattle D.........dude played hard.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1