Remaining Free Agents - Tracking and Want List

ngbills

Here are some of the bigger name remaining free agents. Highlighting ones that the Bills could use. What are your wants?

Ansah: Bills talking to do. Would be a good signing at right price (obviously)

Houston: Ansah or Houston?

Callahan: Do we need one more CB?

Suh: Need another DT. On the cheaps yes; Big $ that will be a no. 

Berry: Unlikely

Jernigan: Younger DT. Good pick up at right price. 

Matthews: Blah, seen better days. 

Dennard: Slot corner - maybe?

Cook: Not bad idea unless going TE in draft. Caught 68 passes last year. 

Barron: Unlikely

Darby: Maybe, could use him.

Crowell: Rather go RB in draft

Yeldon: Same as above on RB

Breeland: Another CB option

Cobb: Could maybe see it. Competition with the other similar guys we have brought in. Cut whoever loses out. 

Edited by ngbills

Other than Jared cook I don’t see many of those guys being a fit. Mathews and Houston I can’t see playing end, and we don’t blitz the linebackers much we ask them to cover a ton which are not strengths of those 2. Ansah I’m guessing if he’s healthy and they wanted him at his asking price would have already been signed. I can’t see them doing much else unless it’s a huge bargain price 

I would REALLY like another OLB that can split time with Lorenzo Alexander (and take over next year)...

Anthony Barr was #1 on my list, but I knew that was a long-shot.

Shaq Barrett would have been a really nice addition, but he just signed for cheap.

Shane Ray could learn a lot from Lorenzo Alexander, and like Kevin Johnson he would be a former 1st round reclamation project for McDermott.

After that, all that is left is Thomas Davis...he would add great leadership, but would only be a one-year stop-gap.

(Jake Ryan and Brandon Marshall are ILB who could potentially play OLB...and Zach Brown has the speed to play OLB, but I'm not sure he's ever played there.)

Maybe they draft a young OLB, I don't have much faith in Julian Stanford or Deon Lacey. (Unless Corey Thompson forces his way onto the team.)

I'd also like them to look into Randall Cobb on a cheap, incentive-laden deal...same with a pass-catching TE like Eifert or Seferian-Jenkins.

Edited by JustWinPlease

3 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

I would REALLY like another OLB that can split time with Lorenzo Alexander (and take over next year)...

Shaq Barrett would have been a really nice addition, but he just signed for cheap.

Shane Ray could learn a lot from Lorenzo Alexander, and like Kevin Johnson he would be a former 1st round reclamation project for McDermott.

After that, all that is left is Thomas Davis...he would add great leadership, but would only be a one-year stop-gap.

(Jake Ryan and Brandon Marshall are ILB who could potentially play OLB...and Zach Brown has the speed to play OLB, but I'm not sure he's ever played there.)

Maybe they draft a young OLB, I don't have much faith in Julian Stanford or Deon Lacey. (Unless Corey Thompson forces his way onto the team.)

Thomas Davis signed with the Chargers and Zach Brown has been OLB his entire career so not sure what you’re getting at there.  

Edited by CaptnCoke11

10 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

Davis signed with the Chargers

Edited by Wsam4031

13 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

... Zach Brown has been OLB his entire career so not sure what you’re getting at there.  

Which is exactly what I said...but I'm getting at the fact that the Bills desperately need another capable OLB.

Hell, they need another ILB too.

If one of their starters go down, they have nobody capable of starting for them.

7 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

Davis signed with the Chargers

Thanks, didn't see it.

9 minutes ago, WMDman said:

i still think we sign Ziggy

The Saints signed Mario Edwards...maybe that means they're out on Ansah.

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Thomas Davis signed with the Chargers and Zach Brown has been OLB his entire career so not sure what you’re getting at there.  

zach brown would be a very good one yr. signing giving lorax 3rd down and/or de duties.  other than that......next stop  for fa's.... post june 1st cuts...

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Other than Jared cook I don’t see many of those guys being a fit. Mathews and Houston I can’t see playing end, and we don’t blitz the linebackers much we ask them to cover a ton which are not strengths of those 2. Ansah I’m guessing if he’s healthy and they wanted him at his asking price would have already been signed. I can’t see them doing much else unless it’s a huge bargain price 

Would most likely be DEs in our scheme or like Zo.