Tannehill traded to Titans

9 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Murray, Haskins, Lock.... They may want to move up before 10 to grab Lock. That would be a trade down I could live with

I would keep a Tannehill before I draft Lock.  That's just me though.  

57 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

You mean Foles? He is in Jax now.  I am thinking they may trade for Rosen.  

No, David Fales.  Miami can re-sign both him and Osweiler for cheap where they can compete for a starting job this season.  They're eating $22M this year by releasing Tannehil and I suspect Miami will draft a QB in 2020.  Doubt they go after Rosen from reading Armando Salguero's article a few weeks back, who is their beat reporter.  Miami will do this year what we did last year.

Edit:  spotrac.com is claiming a $22m dead cap hit for Tannehil, though above posts mentions $13.4M.

Edited by Happy Gilmore

1 hour ago, gordong said:

what's worse is Tannehill is better....  LOL

they're basically clones. identical completion %, passer rating, rushing threats for 300 yards a season. Tannehill just throws 600 passes a season to Mariota's 450.

Like Tannehill is the one QB in the league I would have labelled as most similar to mariota. So now they just have 2 of the same dude, presumably to start Tannehill. I honestly can't think of a more lateral move they could have made at QB haha.

8 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

But seriously, the Dolphins might be looking to trade up for their QB. Would we do it?

sure.. we'd obviously ask for a premium and would be the last team Dolphins call up anyway so we'd get a good deal. And I don't care much for anyone this year other than Murray.

I wouldn't trade them the 9th for Murray. But Murray ain't falling to 9.

Actually no, nevermind. I wouldn't even trade.. there's a good chance if they stand pat all 3 of the qbs with 1st round draft grades are taken. They could go into next year with virtually no quarterback. That'll be fun. 

Maybe they're going for Tua. Peterman should be available via trade if they want to learn the art of the tank.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

56 minutes ago, gordong said:

what's worse is Tannehill is better....  LOL

Sad but true.  The reality is that both Tannehill and Mariota have turned out to be the absolutely worst kind of QB to draft in the first round:  just good enough to make a team give keep him -- even give him a new big long-term contract -- but not good enough to win with.   At least with Fitzpatrick and Taylor, the Bills didn't have to invest long term.  If Allen is going to fail, I hope he proves he can't get the job done quickly and noticeably like Losman and Manuel rather than look "just good enough" to tempt the Bills to keep him.  Both Miami and Tennessee wasted a lot of time and talent hoping that these two guys would "develop" but they never did.

41 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I've been waiting for that rust to start forming for about 3 or 4 years now.

Unfortunately, Brady seems to be made of zinc coated stainless steel.

Only 3 or 4 years?   Predictions of Brady's slow but imminent decline probably started a decade ago, at least among some Bills fans.  2019 will be his 20th season, and except for his rookie season in 2000, his first starting season in 2001 when he replaced the injured Drew Bledsoe,  when he tore his knee in the season opener in 2008, and when he was suspended for 4 games in 2016, he's at least started every Patriot game between 2000 and 2018 -- that's 15 complete seasons.    He's got to have sold his soul to the devil to amass that kind of record!  :censored:

1 hour ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Your tank is impressive....beautiful.  It brings a tear to my eye.

Murray7RESIZED.jpg

I don't post in SabreSpace, so I have to take this opportunity to say, "Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you the WORST general manager in the history of Buffalo professional sports (including the Braves and the guy who decided to draft John Hummer instead of Calvin Murphy)!!

2 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Sad but true.  The reality is that both Tannehill and Mariota have turned out to be the absolutely worst kind of QB to draft in the first round:  just good enough to make a team give keep him -- even give him a new big long-term contract -- but not good enough to win with.   At least with Fitzpatrick and Taylor, the Bills didn't have to invest long term.  If Allen is going to fail, I hope he proves he can't get the job done quickly and noticeably like Losman and Manuel rather than look "just good enough" to tempt the Bills to keep him.  Both Miami and Tennessee wasted a lot of time and talent hoping that these two guys would "develop" but they never did.

Well Tennessee's about to waste some more time with Tannehill. This move makes no sense. Even if marginally better they still just got a clone of their quarterback lol.

It honestly makes no sense for either team haha. Dolphins must be genuinely.. unabashedly.. tanking the year.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Uhhhh Tannehill and Mariota? That's a weird depth chart.

I assumed this means Tannehill is #1 but everywhere I read, i see Mariota is the planned #1 for now still.. he does get injured a lot. Tannehill #2.