Allen seems to want to lead this team

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No offense, but I hate this type of answer...nothing you said has anything to do with him asserting himself as a leader.  Why do people have this compulsive need to voice all their other negative or skeptical opinions about other things with Allen into every positive story about him?  Its like people cant handle their being positivity and need to regurgitate their skepticism over and over again even though it doesn't actually apply to the story at hand.

The story here is that he is asserting him as a leader.  Thats it.  Not about whether or not your skeptical of his ability to pass in the pocket. 

PS:  Stop it with those other guys.  They did not have close to the same leadership Allen has been demonstrating.  The only one was Fitz, and even he was not a guy I saw running up and down the sidelines trying to rally his DEFENSE to get a stop in his first start.  All those guys may have been good locker room guys, but there is a big difference in being a good locker room guy and a guy who takes full command as a leader of a football team.  Not one of those QB's were the unquestioned leader of their respective Bills team like Allen is asserting himself as.  

Because winning is all that matters.  

And a high Td:Int ratio and high Yard/attempt are more important than leadership.  I wanted Allen over all the other QBs in the draft and am pleased with performance to date. But now that he is on the team we have to objectively determine if he is the franchise QB they need.  Leadership will not solve his lack of touch on short to intermediate passes. Experience and preparation will.  If you equate hard work with leadership, which I do, then yes he has embraced the leadership role.

But if you think running for 8 TDs, high jumping a LB, or getting hit in the head by Kiko is the recipe for playoff success you are entitled to your opinion.  These are not the skills of Brady, Manning, or Brees. But to some extent they are of Wilson, Rodgers, Newton, and Roethlisberger.  All of those QBs win prior to the snap, from the pocket, and can to some degree hurt teams by extending plays. If Allen is going to be the franchise guy, he needs to improve on the first two qualities, he already is great at the third.

35 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Because winning is all that matters.  

And a high Td:Int ratio and high Yard/attempt are more important than leadership.  I wanted Allen over all the other QBs in the draft and am pleased with performance to date. But now that he is on the team we have to objectively determine if he is the franchise QB they need.  Leadership will not solve his lack of touch on short to intermediate passes. Experience and preparation will.  If you equate hard work with leadership, which I do, then yes he has embraced the leadership role.

But if you think running for 8 TDs, high jumping a LB, or getting hit in the head by Kiko is the recipe for playoff success you are entitled to your opinion.  These are not the skills of Brady, Manning, or Brees. But to some extent they are of Wilson, Rodgers, Newton, and Roethlisberger.  All of those QBs win prior to the snap, from the pocket, and can to some degree hurt teams by extending plays. If Allen is going to be the franchise guy, he needs to improve on the first two qualities, he already is great at the third.

Yet nothing you wrote has anything to do with the topic at hand.  So once again, if you have something to say about him as a leader then fine.  Regurgitating the same skepticism of him as a pocket passer in a thread praising him for taking a leadership role is something I don’t get the point of.  There are a 100 threads to be skeptical about him in those areas, the OP here was pointing how he is stepping up as a leader which is a great thing to see. 

So just don’t understand why people can’t just enjoy the little positive things along the way without having to turn every thread into a debate about his accuracy or pocket passer.  

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yet nothing you wrote has anything to do with the topic at hand.  So once again, if you have something to say about him as a leader then fine.  Regurgitating the same skepticism of him as a pocket passer in a thread praising him for taking a leadership role is something I don’t get the point of.  There are a 100 threads to be skeptical about him in those areas, the OP here was pointing how he is stepping up as a leader which is a great thing to see. 

So just don’t understand why people can’t just enjoy the little positive things along the way without having to turn every thread into a debate about his accuracy or pocket passer.  

The kid did just about everything right as a leader. He didn’t complain when McD started Peterman. He didn’t complain when he was hurt and running all over the place behind a terrible OL. He didn’t throw Clay under the bus when he made likely the most athletic throw a QB has ever made as a Bill. He played hurt. He got better. He seemed to learn from mistakes. He showed enthusiasm and energy on the sideline which is leadership for white QBs and out of control behavior for black WRs.

Honestly he did just about everything you want from a leader.  So yes, I agree he wants to lead this team. 

Edited by Ethan in Portland
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He showed enthusiasm and energy on the sideline which is leadership for white QBs and out of control behavior for black WRs.

Wow ...we're really going here?  Not sure which WR's your referring to ... but in the event you may be referring to  OBJ and/or AB behavior vs. Josh Allen's ... wonder why those two are playing on other teams in 2019 .. maybe .. just maybe something about their leadership?

Josh is mostly compared to Carson Wentz but there already seems to be a big difference in an intangible that transcends talent and ability and that is in the leadership department. I forget what game it was last year but remember when Josh was cheering and firing up the defense on the sidelines? Doesn’t seem like Wentz has mastered that part of his game. I guess that either you got it or you don’t and at this point in his young career it looks like Josh gets it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/27/doug-pederson-carson-wentz-has-it-in-him-to-be-a-better-teammate/

On 3/25/2019 at 11:52 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

No offense, but I hate this type of answer...nothing you said has anything to do with him asserting himself as a leader.  Why do people have this compulsive need to voice all their other negative or skeptical opinions about other things with Allen into every positive story about him?  Its like people cant handle their being positivity and need to regurgitate their skepticism over and over again even though it doesn't actually apply to the story at hand.

The story here is that he is asserting him as a leader.  Thats it.  Not about whether or not your skeptical of his ability to pass in the pocket. 

PS:  Stop it with those other guys.  They did not have close to the same leadership Allen has been demonstrating.  The only one was Fitz, and even he was not a guy I saw running up and down the sidelines trying to rally his DEFENSE to get a stop in his first start.  All those guys may have been good locker room guys, but there is a big difference in being a good locker room guy and a guy who takes full command as a leader of a football team.  Not one of those QB's were the unquestioned leader of their respective Bills team like Allen is asserting himself as.  

Completely agree, Fitz was the only one in that group that showed me any semblance of leadership.  I saw more leadership traits in Josh just last season than TT, JP, EJ,  Peterman and Trent COMBINED! This kid is going to be special.  But it will require patience from us fans,  allowing his development to continue. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Completely agree, Fitz was the only one in that group that showed me any semblance of leadership.  I saw more leadership traits in Josh just last season than TT, JP, EJ,  Peterman and Trent COMBINED! This kid is going to be special.  But it will require patience from us fans,  allowing his development to continue. 

He has the potential to be special. It's encouraging so far, but still has a ways to go. He is on the right path, but how he develops over the offseason with film study, practicing and refining his mechanics and seeing how well he not only translates that to the field when the games start, but if he is able to beat defenses that game plan his strengths away. I like the guy, but there is no way near enough evidience to say that he is going to be special...yet

On 3/15/2019 at 11:58 PM, Captain Hindsight said:

The hurdle or his TD to Foster against Jacksonville. That ball moved so fast and he got absolutely crunched. Saw it live and thought to myself "About 5 QBs ever could make that throw, that was incredible"

The entire Miami game was beautiful start to finish. That was the game that made me a believer that he was going to be not only good enough to win some games, but great enough to win some playoff games

This!!! and how upset he was when we lost of the Jets....He made a game winning throw after being chased around...only to be dropped...the agony shown on his face....