Allen seems to want to lead this team

I will start by saying I have a huge man-crush on Josh Allen.  I found him to be one of the brightest spots of last year, especially after he came back.

But his working this off season, his immediate contact with all free agent signees. . .this kid wants to run this team.  So, my question to all of you. . .if you think Allen it, what play made you believe he's the franchise QB?

For me. . .it was one play.  The hurdle run.  That showed me exactly what this kid is and has.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

The hurdle or his TD to Foster against Jacksonville. That ball moved so fast and he got absolutely crunched. Saw it live and thought to myself "About 5 QBs ever could make that throw, that was incredible"

The entire Miami game was beautiful start to finish. That was the game that made me a believer that he was going to be not only good enough to win some games, but great enough to win some playoff games

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

He made his fair share of "wow" plays this year. Plays that make you sit up and take notice. One of my favorite plays of his that gave me a lot of hope for his future was the 75-yard TD toss to Foster vs. Jacksonville. Kid hung in the pocket until the last possible second and let it fly. I still don't know how he get that throw off with the pocket collapsing the way it was. When I saw that play live I was like, "Doh, sack" and then you see the ball fly out of there and hit Foster perfectly in stride and he takes it in for six. Thing of beauty. Allen has a lot of positive things going for him, if he keeps putting in the work I think he's gonna be a good one. Even if we gotta live with a few erratic throws or "what the hell?" kinda plays from him, I'm all in.

• Like (+1) 6

The hurdle was 1.  The second was when he tried to play after hurting his elbow and could barely throw.  Yeah, it didn't work out, but he showed me that he was willing to try and play through pain (and i'm sure that was damn painful).  That's a level of toughness and dedication not everyone possesses.  Like Jimbo toughness.

• Like (+1) 4

The first Dolphins game did it for me.

MULTIPLE big time throws in that one.

The TD where he rolled out right and hit Zay in the end zone, on the move, for 6.

The 3rd and long from his own end zone where he threw a rope to Zay for a 1st down.

The play where he stepped up in the pocket and threw a laser to double-covered Zay Jones before he was even open, resulting in a touchdown.

The multiple insane runs where he made Kiko Alonso look like a high schooler trying to play pro ball.

The drive at the end of the game that was one better throw or better catch away from resulting in the go-ahead score.

That was my favorite Josh Allen game to date.

• Like (+1) 5

14 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

He made his fair share of "wow" plays this year. Plays that make you sit up and take notice. One of my favorite plays of his that gave me a lot of hope for his future was the 75-yard TD toss to Foster vs. Jacksonville. Kid hung in the pocket until the last possible second and let it fly. I still don't know how he get that throw off with the pocket collapsing the way it was. When I saw that play live I was like, "Doh, sack" and then you see the ball fly out of there and hit Foster perfectly in stride and he takes it in for six. Thing of beauty. Allen has a lot of positive things going for him, if he keeps putting in the work I think he's gonna be a good one. Even if we gotta live with a few erratic throws or "what the hell?" kinda plays from him, I'm all in.

Me too, one of the best throws I've seen ever.

Edited by OldNMBillsFan

21 minutes ago, Seoulful Soul said:

So, my question to all of you. . .if you think Allen it, what play made you believe he's the franchise QB?

Hunh?

Not sure what you mean so I'll answer my own question.

If you already think he's shown he's the franchise QB, I'd argue your threshhold for "franchise QB" is too low. He's still got a lot to prove. And it won't be a play that makes him the franchise QB if he gets there, it'll be the consistency of his play and particularly his passing over a long period of time.

27 minutes ago, Seoulful Soul said:

I will start by saying I have a huge man-crush on Josh Allen.  I found him to be one of the brightest spots of last year, especially after he came back.

But his working this off season, his immediate contact with all free agent signees. . .this kid wants to run this team.  So, my question to all of you. . .if you think Allen it, what play made you believe he's the franchise QB?

For me. . .it was one play.  The hurdle run.  That showed me exactly what this kid is and has.

I do not believe he's anything close to a franchise QB and I think that will become more evident as the season unfolds.

A lot of the excuses made in support of him last year will not be available this year with much better OL, better WR targets, etc.

PS:  I don't think anyone is questioning his heart, commitment, or even leadership skills.  But those things are not necessary to be a good QB in this league, and they are not nearly enough to overcome Allen's deficiencies at the position.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

While ppl look at Allens size, cannon arm, and athletic ability.....what gets lost in all of that is that Josh Allen just gets it when it comes to being a starting QB of a team.......

he knows what he is supposed to do...he is a natural

Just now, Nextmanup said:

I do not believe he's anything close to a franchise QB and I think that will become more evident as the season unfolds.

A lot of the excuses made in support of him last year will not be available this year with much better OL, better WR targets, etc.

PS:  I don't think anyone is questioning his heart, commitment, or even leadership skills.  But those things are not necessary to be a good QB in this league, and they are not nearly enough to overcome Allen's deficiencies at the position.

I think your wrong

but your entitled to your opinion

• Like (+1) 3

I don't think we've seen the best of Josh Allen yet.  He just learned how to walk last season.  It should only get better as he builds off of what he learned and did last year.

• Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

The hurdle or his TD to Foster against Jacksonville. That ball moved so fast and he got absolutely crunched. Saw it live and thought to myself "About 5 QBs ever could make that throw, that was incredible"

The entire Miami game was beautiful start to finish. That was the game that made me a believer that he was going to be not only good enough to win some games, but great enough to win some playoff games

Perfect summary!  The hurdle earned the respect of his teammates early in the season and showed his competitive fire.  The TD to Foster showed that he can make big league QB plays.  And then the last game against Miami summarized a year of learning, growth and progress by putting together such a complete game; blowout victory, 65% completion rate, 3 TDs, nearly 100 yds running and 2 more TDs.  Relevant progress at every stage

#ready4year2!

Edited by cage
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1