Hockenson at #9 Change My Mind

I think its a real possibility and I would be excited about it.

I will be excited about a number of guys at 9, we are going to get a great prospect.  I started a thread that I do NOT think it will be a DT at 9 and expect an EDGE rusher or possibly Hockenson.  

My preference would be to trade down of course, then grab either TJ or Fant if they go TE, but if they don't find a trade partner then I think TJ is someone that will be in play at 9.  

If we do not go TE early, then I think someone like Jamie Oliver will be a target in rounds 3 or 4.  

• Like (+1) 1

I want the best TE in the draft. I’m all in for it at 9 or any pick that requires what I just said. Im tired of these lower mid tier TEs. In Bills history, we have never had a truly elite TE. I’m talking Kelce, Ertz, Kittle level. Not A guy like Pete Metzalars that was a great BILLS tight end...I want a guy that is great in relation to the rest of the NFL. Not just the C list guys in Bills history. Go out and get the top TE. I don’t mind it at 9.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Best argument I have is this: when was the last time that a top-10 TE went on to have a great career?

Matter of fact, when was the last time that a 1st-round TE went on to have a great career?

Moreover, who are the best TEs in football in the last half-decade? How many of them were 1st-round picks, let alone top-10 picks?

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I do like Hockenson, but chances are, we won't be drafting in the top-10 again anytime soon. If we pass on an OT prospect, we may not have the chance at a top one for a long time. There'll always be top TEs in the mid-late 1st.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I won’t change your mind bc I would be good with it. He’d be Allen’s version of Greg Olsen.

i want them to draft talent on offense. I believe they can coach defense well enough to get production out of middling talents that work hard.

Just say no to a TE at 9. He may be a solid player eventually but I want more than just solid with a top 10 pick. I bet he won’t go top 15 either

We desperately need help on the d-line and that is by far the strength of where we are picking. Just take Ed Oliver and let him wreak havoc on opposing QBs

Edited by Bangarang

1 minute ago, Dkollidas said:

I won’t change your mind bc I would be good with it. He’d be Allen’s version of Greg Olsen.

i want them to draft talent on offense. I believe they can coach defense well enough to get production out of middling talents that work hard.

The thing is its not even middling talent.....this D is pretty much set and we would have 9 more picks.....

We really set this D up last year getting Edmunds, Taron Johnson, finding Wallace, etc.