Jets wanted Mitch Morse

On 3/15/2019 at 9:54 AM, BillsFan4 said:

I highly, highly doubt they walked away from Morse over $1M (and if they did, they’re idiots). I’m guessing Morse chose buffalo. 

This could be it too. Not everyone player likes the hustle and bustle of the big cities. Lineman typically like to keep a low profile and if money is similar than a place like Buffalo it perfect. And the winter weather in Buffalo and New York City is comparable so that is not a big deal breaker either. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/15/2019 at 1:47 PM, Reed83HOF said:

How can you have Darnold over Allen? It's closer to 2a and 2b

And if anything I would have to give Allen the slight edge of Darnold given that Allen improved significantly from his first six games to his last six games after injury.  If we project Allen to play more similarly to his last six games he will be much improved over all next season. Darnold was more evenly up and down from start to finish. 

9 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

And if anything I would have to give Allen the slight edge of Darnold given that Allen improved significantly from his first six games to his last six games after injury.  If we project Allen to play more similarly to his last six games he will be much improved over all next season. Darnold was more evenly up and down from start to finish. 

Darnold was also installed as the starter as soon as he was drafted, had help from McCown from the get-go and played on an offense with better personnel.

19 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Actually, Darnold came back from injury the final 4 games & played much better with the exception of the season finale where Belichick did what he's done to virtually ever rookie QB he's faced.  Look at Darnold's 3 games before the NE game & you'll see he was playing at a very high level.  

The only realistic way to look at it is they both showed potential, got injured, and then came back much improved. They both look like they have bright futures and similar to the Kelly-Marino years, the guy who has a better team around him will win more games while the other guy is also viewed as one of the NFL's top QBs.  The class of 2018 will go down as the best since 1983 and/or 2004.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.

as long as Bills can compete for the Players who do not want to play in a big market they are fine. There will be plenty of players to choose from. The players who want to play in a big market are not anti  Buffalo they are pro city life.  It is know different the a kid who grows up in a small town and can't wait to move to the city.  Clearly the Pegs and Mcbean have created an place where Buffalo is in play for a large group of players.  Kudos to all of them 

On 3/15/2019 at 4:33 PM, apuszczalowski said:

They arent that far off, flip the top 2, then put everyone else backup and about 10 spaces between #3 and Miamis current QB situation and it's pretty reasonable........

Why? Cause I'm not all over the front office circle jerk around here just yet? What did I say that was wrong? Up until this offseason this front office has not prioritized the Oline, they have almost neglected it while trading up to grab a LB. This year they grabbed one of the top linemen and 2 backups with upside potential.

Rome wasnt built in a day.

13 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Rome wasnt built in a day.

no wonder they burned and then went extinct.

slackers
 Morse pickup is such an awesome move by Beanes.

If we were aggressive to get him on board ? all the better !

and extra points for keeping him away from the Jets !! 

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

no wonder they burned and then went extinct.

slackers
 Morse pickup is such an awesome move by Beanes.

If we were aggressive to get him on board ? all the better !

and extra points for keeping him away from the Jets !! 

Rome is alive and well today my friend.  Most people just dont realise it.

On 3/15/2019 at 1:39 PM, BillsFan4 said:

I had not read that the Jets were only willing to give $10M the first year. If you are getting it from that tweet, I guess I interpret it differently than you. 

Maniah Mehta said in that tweet that “the Jets were comfortable in the $10M per year range”.

The Bills paid him $11.125M per year. So, technically $1.125M more per year, but close enough. lol 

I can see how it can be interpreted it differently though 

Damn, I'll take that extra 1.125.