Jets wanted Mitch Morse

14 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Yet they gave Mosley 5 billion dollars. 

Lol, right? 

They were willing to make CJ Mosley, a good ILB but not among the top tier IMO, the highest paid ILB by nearly $5 million. They clearly weren’t willing to walk away no matter how high the price got. They basically gave him a QB contract ($85 million).

But they werent willing to make Mitch Morse the highest paid C by $125,000...., who I’d argue is in a higher tier at his position than Mosley at his (it’s easier to argue Morse is a top tier C, than Mosley a top tier ILB). 

I am actually very very happy that the Jets didn’t decide to get into a bidding war over Morse though. Good thing the Bills locked him up before Paradis made his decision, otherwise that may have been what happened. Mike Maccagnan seems desperate as hell to try and keep his job. 

• Like (+1) 3

Perception of Jets FO has been shaky at best during all of FA. Between Morse and paradis not being interested, Barr bailing and saying he was sick to his stomach when he found out they offered the most money, Moseley trying like hell to stay in Baltimore until they offered so much above market he couldn’t say no, Bell waiting forever trying to go anywhere else but no one else bidding, Andre Roberts comments about how he was treated... 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billspro said:

A veteran C is the best addition we could give Josh Allen. 

I also love how these WR signings fit with this offence. Brown and Foster are going to stretch the field vertically, Beasley will get one on one matchups in the slot because there will be a spy on Allen. Give me one of the top 3 TEs and this unit will be difficult to stop.

Totally agree...and I honestly think its been an A++ Free Agent period for the Bills.  If we dont land an EDGE player before the draft, I think our pick at 9 will be one of the elite EDGE prospects or a weapon for Allen (probably Hockenson given WR is so deep).

One real possibility is still a trade down, and I think Beane will aggressively pursue that to pick up an extra 2nd.  If he does, I can easily see him doing the following with those 3 picks.  

1st - Hockenson - TE

2nd - Simmons - DT

2nd - Best WR on board

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

They were comfortable in the $10M per year neighborhood... well, isn’t $11M in the $10M pee year neighborhood? 

Makes it sound like the Jets are spending judiciously in free agency or something. 

“Oh, the Bills went $11M. We ere only comfortable at $10.5. Better walk away....”

I mean, they gave a friggin ILB $17M per year! ($5M higher than the next closest ILB). They clearly refused to walk away no matter how high the price got. 

I highly, highly doubt they walked away from Morse over $1M (and if they did, they’re idiots). I’m guessing Morse chose buffalo. 

nicely put. I dont think the difference in AAV (average annual value) was significant. The two key differences were: a. guaranteed money. Bills guaranteed more and earlier and b. Josh Allen + Bills Mafia.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

They were comfortable in the $10M per year neighborhood... well, isn’t $11M in the $10M pee year neighborhood? 

Makes it sound like the Jets are spending judiciously in free agency or something. 

“Oh, the Bills went $11M. We ere only comfortable at $10.5. Better walk away....”

I mean, they gave a friggin ILB $17M per year! ($5M higher than the next closest ILB). They clearly refused to walk away no matter how high the price got. 

I highly, highly doubt they walked away from Morse over $1M (and if they did, they’re idiots). I’m guessing Morse chose buffalo. 

Where are you getting 1 million he said buffalo gave him 19 million jets only wanted to give 10 first year . you must be doing the new math thing that they are teaching my grandkids.

Edited by ALLEN1QB

5 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Where are you getting 1 million he said buffalo gave himem 19 million jets only wanted to give 10 first year . you must be doing new math my grandkids are doing.

I had not read that the Jets were only willing to give $10M the first year. If you are getting it from that tweet, I guess I interpret it differently than you. 

Maniah Mehta said in that tweet that “the Jets were comfortable in the $10M per year range”.

The Bills paid him $11.125M per year. So, technically $1.125M more per year, but close enough. lol 

I can see how it can be interpreted it differently though 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

nicely put. I dont think the difference in AAV (average annual value) was significant. The two key differences were: a. guaranteed money. Bills guaranteed more and earlier and b. Josh Allen + Bills Mafia.

Plus Mitch Morse just seems more like a buffalo guy t9 me than a NYC guy (well, technically NJ but you get my point...).

He kind of said as much. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Plus Mitch Morse just seems more like a buffalo guy t9 me than a NYC guy (well, technically NJ but you get my point...).

He kind of said as much. 

I think Morse went over to the Jet message board and came across some Jimmy Spags posts, and thought "Buffalo, here I come".

• Haha (+1) 1

There were several teams with bad OL this year...Az, Minn, Jets, Us....and very few quality linemen out there so the price was gonna be high for teams truly committed to improving their offense, I don't think we paid any more than any 'attractive market' team would've paid, Beane was just quick and decisive.

Their current C is worse than Bodine!! Imagine if they got Morse , and we're stuck with Bodine/Groy ??   Huge implications for both franchises , and it's in our favor with this one, big time , C is a crucial position, especially for a young QB . Beane and Co have crushed it. 

Bell had one of the best OL for basically his whole career , as well as AB and Ben. He's going to have some tough times behind that OL