Jets wanted Mitch Morse

They were comfortable in the $10M per year neighborhood... well, isn’t $11M in the $10M pee year neighborhood? 

Makes it sound like the Jets are spending judiciously in free agency or something. 

“Oh, the Bills went $11M. We ere only comfortable at $10.5. Better walk away....”

I mean, they gave a friggin ILB $17M per year! ($5M higher than the next closest ILB). They clearly refused to walk away no matter how high the price got. 

I highly, highly doubt they walked away from Morse over $1M (and if they did, they’re idiots). I’m guessing Morse chose buffalo. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 3

I wonder if they ever realized Paradis was never signing in NY.  Morse was going to be a Bill or a Jet, given his relatively young age, our young QBs, OL needs and $$$.   

We got him.  Beane knew this had to happen. 

Just now, billspro said:

I’m glad our FO prioritizes OL over LB and RB. 

EXACTLY!  VERY WELL SAID!

The Mosley deal was insane.  Bells contract is a lot of money for a RB, especially for one who has had issues with injuries, suspensions, and hasn't played since 2017.  Would I have been upset if either of those guys were signed by Beane, no.  But I am sure as heck a lot happier we signed the guys we did instead of those players.

Bell and Mosley deals will be issues for the Jets unless they suddenly figure out how to draft great.  Lets say I am not holding my breath on that one.

• Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

They were comfortable in the $10M per year neighborhood... well, isn’t $11M in the $10M pee year neighborhood? 

Makes it sound like the Jets are spending judiciously in free agency or something. 

“Oh, the Bills went $11M. We ere only comfortable at $10.5. Better walk away....”

I mean, they gave a friggin ILB $17M per year! ($5M higher than the next closest ILB)

I highly, highly doubt they walked away from Morse over $1M. I’m guessing Morse chose buffalo. 

Agree

• Like (+1) 1

How could this be?   I seem to recall a certain thread currently go on around here with a few posters mocking that Morse was no big deal of a signing, no top FA's want to come here, and no one else wanted Morse but us.  Im so confused ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

EXACTLY!  VERY WELL SAID!

The Mosley deal was insane.  Bells contract is a lot of money for a RB, especially for one who has had issues with injuries, suspensions, and hasn't played since 2017.  Would I have been upset if either of those guys were signed by Beane, no.  But I am sure as heck a lot happier we signed the guys we did instead of those players.

Bell and Mosley deals will be issues for the Jets unless they suddenly figure out how to draft great.  Lets say I am not holding my breath on that one.

A veteran C is the best addition we could give Josh Allen. 

I also love how these WR signings fit with this offence. Brown and Foster are going to stretch the field vertically, Beasley will get one on one matchups in the slot because there will be a spy on Allen. Give me one of the top 3 TEs and this unit will be difficult to stop.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1