John Miller gets nice contract with Benglas

MAJBobby

14 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This is embarrassing.  Miller was at times our worst olineman. And sometimes not even worthy as a backup? Somebody in Cinncy didn't do their research. 

...an epic failure under the expert guidance and tutelage of OL Coach Nine Juan Juan Castillo......is he a coaching UFA???.............

John had a really tough first year in Buffalo when his mother passed away. The way that he dealt with it was admirable for someone so young and removed from his immediate support group due to his relocation.

I still believe that there's a starting calibre player in there if he can find the right fit. I truly hope that he finds that in Cincy because he's a fine young man that I will always have an affinity for.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..pretty sad isn't it?.....the "I told you so" gang wants to embellish their "he sucks" proclamations, 'lil keyboard cowardice under the safety of their desks.....think about it...only 1,696 realize the privilege of NFL employment annually out of what, 300 million people?...and you want to hate on a kid fulfilling his lifelong dream?.....back in 1977, I went out to the ND/Pitt game (Dorsett was Pitt's RB)......went to the on campus Morris Inn for dinner....in walked Ross Browner & Willie Fry (Google 'em)...the freaking room got dark......want to tell those behemoths IN PERSON "you suck?".....um ok.............

I admit, I was bashing him pretty hard myself (for his play)...thought he and Mills were likely going to get Shady or our shiny new Josh killed.

Things happen and players lose focus, and I am not sure Juan was the right coach to help him through that.

He's a young guy, and that was a classy farewell, so I found I really did hope he gets his game back on track.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Is their scheme overpaying for injured or mediocre linemen?

Didnt they re sign one of the lowest grade linemen to a big contract this offseason?

Are you describing Bills or Bengals?

1 hour ago, Blokestradamus said:

John had a really tough first year in Buffalo when his mother passed away. The way that he dealt with it was admirable for someone so young and removed from his immediate support group due to his relocation.

I still believe that there's a starting calibre player in there if he can find the right fit. I truly hope that he finds that in Cincy because he's a fine young man that I will always have an affinity for.

Don't forget he played the second half of the season on a badly sprained ankle that he should have been placed on IR

8 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

He’s an upgrade for them ??‍♂️

wow, Alex Redmond is really terrible

Good luck to Miller, I think being benched in the regime change hurt his passion. Maybe a new start is a good thing.

3 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

wow, Alex Redmond is really terrible

Good luck to Miller, I think being benched in the regime change hurt his passion. Maybe a new start is a good thing.

Also nice that he’s close to his alma Mater Louisville 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, WideNine said:

Honestly hope he finds the game he was flashing early on.

Different coaches, different situation, and some fire in the belly to prove folks wrong. Sometimes all it takes.

In all seriousness, I wish him luck.

We weren’t a particularly good spot. In his rookie deal he dealt with how many coaches/schemes and who beside him at tackle?