John Miller gets nice contract with Benglas

MAJBobby

8 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Spencer Long must be kicking himself for signing his early cheap deal with the Bills...

Might be time to find a new agent..

Long and Miller probably have similar contracts.  The agent talks up the total dollars, fans get carried away with it, but the guaranteed money is very little. 

IIRC, Long's deal only guaranteed 1.2M.  I'd bet Miller's deal is along the same lines.

3 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

He’s an upgrade for them ??‍♂️

Not a monster improvement, but does look to be one.   Has the chance of being better with the scheme change (and possibly better OL coaching?)

I had high hopes for him, I wish him well, and honestly the Bengals to beat up on the Steelers, Ravens, and Patriots.

1 minute ago, BillsVet said:

Long and Miller probably have similar contracts.  The agent talks up the total dollars, fans get carried away with it, but the guaranteed money is very little. 

IIRC, Long's deal only guaranteed 1.2M.  I'd bet Miller's deal is along the same lines.

I’ll be interested to see the final numbers for Miller...

I expected him to get a $5m/ 2 yr deal so I am surprised to say the least..

Also waiting to see what Mills gets.. I would think he would get more than this deal.. 

51 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Congrats, John. He can hang out with Preston who also got a nice new deal there. 

My favorite review of the Preston resigning is from Walter Football:  (I added the orange color)

Bengals re-sign LB Preston Brown (3 years, $21 million): FARMER FAIL, GRIGSON GAFFE, CERRATO SUCKAGE, BAALKE BLOOPER, CHIP TRAGEDY, KING CALAMITY, SASHI SUFFERIN SUCCOTASH Grade 
When I saw the details of this contract, I literally shouted, "PRESTON BROWN GOT $21 MILLION ... WHY!?!?!?" 

Preston Brown was one of the worst starting linebackers in the NFL last year before he suffered a season-ending knee injury in November. I thought the Bengals could bring Brown back for a 1-year deal for close to the minimum. That would have made sense. Giving a linebacker as terrible as Brown $7 million per year makes no sense! 

It's almost comical how lost the Bengals appear without Marvin Lewis' guidance. Their transformation to a perennial two-win team is well underway. 

By the way, I added a new name to my "F" grade. I cannot believe I forgot about Sashi Brown. E-mailer Kevin Q. reminded me about Brown, so I hope you all enjoy his addition to the new "F" grade. 
http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#ixzz5iFuohWlv#0lcsDpOb1YtPgXwm.99

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Very classy goodbye from Miller 

Honestly hope he finds the game he was flashing early on.

Different coaches, different situation, and some fire in the belly to prove folks wrong. Sometimes all it takes.

In all seriousness, I wish him luck.

• Like (+1) 3

I'm glad to see many positive posts wishing him well. I don't understand the animosity by some posters----makes me think they never actually played football. 

The guy was a good soldier here----he paid his dues in the NFL & tried his best. Personally I don't think he was a good fit for our OL scheme & I don't think our previous OL coach was very good at developing players. I wish him well.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

I'm glad to see many positive posts wishing him well. I don't understand the animosity by some posters----makes me think they never actually played football. 

The guy was a good soldier here----he paid his dues in the NFL & tried his best. Personally I don't think he was a good fit for our OL scheme & I don't think our previous OL coach was very good at developing players. I wish him well.

..pretty sad isn't it?.....the "I told you so" gang wants to embellish their "he sucks" proclamations, 'lil keyboard cowardice under the safety of their desks.....think about it...only 1,696 realize the privilege of NFL employment annually out of what, 300 million people?...and you want to hate on a kid fulfilling his lifelong dream?.....back in 1977, I went out to the ND/Pitt game (Dorsett was Pitt's RB)......went to the on campus Morris Inn for dinner....in walked Ross Browner & Willie Fry (Google 'em)...the freaking room got dark......want to tell those behemoths IN PERSON "you suck?".....um ok.............

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..pretty sad isn't it?.....the "I told you so" gang wants to embellish their "he sucks" proclamations, 'lil keyboard cowardice under the safety of their desks.....think about it...only 1,696 realize the privilege of NFL employment annually out of what, 300 million people?...and you want to hate on a kid fulfilling his lifelong dream?.....back in 1977, I went out to the ND/Pitt game (Dorsett was Pitt's RB)......went to the on campus Morris Inn for dinner....in walked Ross Browner & Willie Fry (Google 'em)...the freaking room got dark......want to tell those behemoths IN PERSON "you suck?".....um ok.............

Agreed, very sad indeed. :(

Happy trails, so long, good luck, and goodbye John Miller.

• Like (+1) 1