Feels strange to have a FO with a specific plan

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I suspect Beane is on board with the influence that McDermott gives to his position coaches. Whether everyone below Beane in the FO is would be a different question. But I absolutely believe Beane and McDermott are of one mind when it comes to building this thing.

Oh I know Beane and McD are in step.............but if you are a scout and being judged by the personnel brought in........ you probably don't want Phil McGeoghans' desire to bring his baby into the fold to be something that undermines your hard work in the organizations decision making process.     I realize that particular decision happened pre-Beane.......just an example.    Need more Poyers and less Ducasse's though.   

• Like (+1) 1

I think they will be happy if half the FA's turn out to be keepers beyond 2020.   The way they've structured the contracts, they can continue to keep shuffling in new guys and little by little continue to fill holes via FA.  The key for them as it is for most teams is to consistently hit at a relative decent rate with their draft picks.  If they indeed hit it with Josh Allen, which I suspect they have, that will go a long way in building an eventual superbowl contender.  If not, they will be replaced within a few years.   

As of right now, I think they are looking pretty good in building the franchise the right way.  They certainly have a more professional process than what we've seen in quite some time.

17 minutes ago, Magox said:

I think they will be happy if half the FA's turn out to be keepers beyond 2020.   The way they've structured the contracts, they can continue to keep shuffling in new guys and little by little continue to fill holes via FA.  The key for them as it is for most teams is to consistently hit at a relative decent rate with their draft picks.  If they indeed hit it with Josh Allen, which I suspect they have, that will go a long way in building an eventual superbowl contender.  If not, they will be replaced within a few years.   

As of right now, I think they are looking pretty good in building the franchise the right way.  They certainly have a more professional process than what we've seen in quite some time.

Actually I think most of them they would like to be done with after 2020.    So more like 80% non-keepers.

It's a group of place holders and competition creators.   Beasley and Morse appear to be the only ones seen as more than 1-2 year rentals.    I think the objective is to draft and develop players to overtake all but those 2 in either the 2019 or 2020 drafts.    

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/15/2019 at 11:38 AM, TBBills Fan said:

To have a Front office and coaching staff that seem to be more than competent with a specific plan on how to build and develop a club for sustained success. 

Having lived through the 90s greatness and all the pitfalls we have seen since with coaches, front office personnel...it seems like the sun may be finally rising for us Bills fans!

Its nice to not be scratching my head at moves made and thinking wtf....

Sustained success is a real possibility

Go Bills

You obviously forgot about the spring of 2003 when the Bills signed Takeo Spikes and London Fletcher-Baker and some other solid defensive players and looked to be "the real deal" -- or the spring of 2012 when the Bills brought in Mario Williams.  I'll believe that the Bills are capable of "sustained success" when  they actually sustain some success.  I've been fooled too many times in the past to fall for Bills moves in spring.

26 minutes ago, SoTier said:

You obviously forgot about the spring of 2003 when the Bills signed Takeo Spikes and London Fletcher-Baker and some other solid defensive players and looked to be "the real deal" -- or the spring of 2012 when the Bills brought in Mario Williams.  I'll believe that the Bills are capable of "sustained success" when  they actually sustain some success.  I've been fooled too many times in the past to fall for Bills moves in spring.

Fair enough.  Yeah I was excited when we almost made it then. But let's not forget about how that staff missed rapelisberger and settled for losman and messed that up so bad one of the vets took losman out...

Or how after we built a D decided to change the scheme completely because of ego instead of intelligence. 

Don't see these guys doing that

56 minutes ago, SoTier said:

...so you're SERIOUSLY going to compare the post Polian "F Troop Gang" running the s%&t show to the FO we have now?......keep grinding the ax THAT HAS PASSED......SMH....

• Haha (+1) 1