Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TBBills Fan

Feels strange to have a FO with a specific plan

Recommended Posts

To have a Front office and coaching staff that seem to be more than competent with a specific plan on how to build and develop a club for sustained success. 

 

Having lived through the 90s greatness and all the pitfalls we have seen since with coaches, front office personnel...it seems like the sun may be finally rising for us Bills fans!

 

Its nice to not be scratching my head at moves made and thinking wtf....

 

Sustained success is a real possibility

 

Go Bills

  • Like (+1) 11
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's good stuff. It's nice to hear from players how respected and taken care of they feel being on this team. Beane said it yesterday during the presser, it's a business first but that doesn't mean business has to be conducted in a cold manner. Even if they have to cut a guy, it sounds like both Beane and McDermott have some parting words for the guys on their way out. It's good not to burn bridges like that and those type of things get talked about in league circles. "Yeah, Buffalo may not have a lot to do but that franchise will really take care of you and the fans will love you." 

 

And I had a thought yesterday about this whole "Buffalo is an undesirable FA destination" stuff. Yeah, it's true, there isn't a crazy amount of things to do up here and it's a smaller city but that's what makes the Bills so special to us. There isn't a whole lot here BUT the Bills, so that makes them the "it" thing of the region. No other teams to draw attention away (well, Sabres but this season...yeesh) so the focus is all on them. You got kids waiting at the airport with a bucket of wings to welcome these guys. How cool is that? So yeah, you can go to cities where the nightlife is better, the weather is better, more stuff to do, etc. but you come to Buffalo and you're gonna be celebrated by one of the best fanbases in sports. I love that a lot of players that play here talk about how New Era Stadium is one of the only places in the NFL that feels like a college atmosphere. And I was also glad to see Beane say he was straight up pissed off at the crap being slung around about this area. Good to see him just take a stand instead of dance around the topic and give a stock answer.

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[This is an automated response]

 

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

 

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

To have a Front office and coaching staff that seem to be more than competent with a specific plan on how to build and develop a club for sustained success. 

 

Having lived through the 90s greatness and all the pitfalls we have seen since with coaches, front office personnel...it seems like the sun may be finally rising for us Bills fans!

 

Its nice to not be scratching my head at moves made and thinking wtf....

 

Sustained success is a real possibility

 

Go Bills

 

As a Buffalo Fan, I have learned to curb my enthusiasm. I mean, look  what the Sabres did to us this year!!

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I go into almost every season feeling cautiously optimistic, but this year the optimism is outweighing the caution.

 

And while the thread title is technically vague, somehow I knew exactly what it was about before opening it. 🙂

 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live outside Indy now, but grew up in Tonawanda and have lived in or spent lengthy time in big cities like NYC, Chicago, Houston. And what I don't get is this idea that a city like Buffalo doesn't have what big cities have and therefore isn't as attractive a destination.

 

So what exactly is needed?  Professional athletes have pretty involved professional lives and in their free time they do what onther young men do.  They'll want some night life, places to eat, etc.  Well,  you can find all that in Buffalo, right?  Some nice bars, plenty of unique places to eat.  I know it's been a while since I've been back but everything I read and everything relatives tell me is that the city is revitalized.

 

I mean, you can only eat in one place and party at one bar at a time, right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe try the other hand??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Maybe try the other hand??

 

And sit on that hand for a while first, so it goes numb - that way, it feels like someone else's hand.

 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually understood the title because...... It does feel strange.  It seems weird to think we could have a winning record next year and actually mean it.  Good times in Buffalo 😊.  

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BmarvB said:

They have a plan, and they're executing it the way it should be executed

in other words... competent ;)

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’re supposed to, ya know, engage with the people kind enough to comment on your thread with the bad title bud. This isn’t your personal blog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While a applaud the moves they’ve made this year, some of the things they’ve done the last couple years were really head scratching. 

I get the salary dumps but there’s been other things I ?????? 

That said I like what they’ve built, in the end it don’t mean much unless it equates to wins and playoffs and hopefully beyond. As we have all said for 20 years it’s all on the quarterbacks success. If Allen is next in line to help lead the new era of franchise quarterbacks we have a lot to cheer for. Either way there should be some excellent football games on the horizon, this is a team that’s going to compete every game I’m hoping 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It feels like when you've been in a string of bad relationships for years and years, then you meet this girl who is amazing, and things are going great, and you're like "this could be the one!!" ... But deep down you're still scared, waiting for the other shoe to drop and the wheels to fall off, like you find out that she is a serial killer (the pats know this feeling haha) or something...

Hopefully we have a happy ever after though

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the first offseason in a long time where I've been looking at what some other teams are doing with confusion and pity. I see mega contracts being handed out for mediocre players, I see teams letting 25-year-old All Pros walk away without even tagging them, I see teams getting themselves into cap trouble with poor decisions, teams in quarterback purgatory....in short, I see teams that do not seem to have a plan in place at all. For years and years, I still saw the same thing, but I didn't notice it because my OWN favorite team was so dysfunctional, so lost, so without a plan of their own. I was so consumed with the ineptitude of the Bills that it was all I could see. Now that I see what it's like to watch a team with a plan, with financial discipline, a team who is meticulously prepared for every possibility...I look out at some of the nonsense that other teams are pulling and just shake my head. I know what their fan bases are feeling because I've felt it my entire life as a Bills fan.

Feels good to look at the Buffalo Bills from afar and see that they have a logical plan, and one that makes sense, and they're enacting it. What a weird feeling.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we really just feel that way b/c most of us think Josh had a good enough rookie season and may have a future. Some decent moves this offseason but honestly (I know it's crazy to say it) Doug had some decent moves as well ... we just never really liked the QB situation. 

Edited by dayman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, blacklabel said:

It's good stuff. It's nice to hear from players how respected and taken care of they feel being on this team. Beane said it yesterday during the presser, it's a business first but that doesn't mean business has to be conducted in a cold manner. Even if they have to cut a guy, it sounds like both Beane and McDermott have some parting words for the guys on their way out. It's good not to burn bridges like that and those type of things get talked about in league circles. "Yeah, Buffalo may not have a lot to do but that franchise will really take care of you and the fans will love you." 

 

And I had a thought yesterday about this whole "Buffalo is an undesirable FA destination" stuff. Yeah, it's true, there isn't a crazy amount of things to do up here and it's a smaller city but that's what makes the Bills so special to us. There isn't a whole lot here BUT the Bills, so that makes them the "it" thing of the region. No other teams to draw attention away (well, Sabres but this season...yeesh) so the focus is all on them. You got kids waiting at the airport with a bucket of wings to welcome these guys. How cool is that? So yeah, you can go to cities where the nightlife is better, the weather is better, more stuff to do, etc. but you come to Buffalo and you're gonna be celebrated by one of the best fanbases in sports. I love that a lot of players that play here talk about how New Era Stadium is one of the only places in the NFL that feels like a college atmosphere. And I was also glad to see Beane say he was straight up pissed off at the crap being slung around about this area. Good to see him just take a stand instead of dance around the topic and give a stock answer.


This dude/dudette is quickly becoming one of my favorite posters around here. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Logic said:


This dude/dudette is quickly becoming one of my favorite posters around here. 

 

Agreed we need more of him and less of bull Buchanan

  • Haha (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

To have a Front office and coaching staff that seem to be more than competent with a specific plan on how to build and develop a club for sustained success. 

 

Having lived through the 90s greatness and all the pitfalls we have seen since with coaches, front office personnel...it seems like the sun may be finally rising for us Bills fans!

 

Its nice to not be scratching my head at moves made and thinking wtf....

 

Sustained success is a real possibility

 

Go Bills

I think there headed in the right direction . But the real work begins with these 2 upcoming drafts . We need Game changers on offense and defense.  It's easy to find complementary pieces and we have done a great job doing this but we need those difference makers if we are to become contenders. Right now we got 3 guys that need to grow into those roles Allen,  Edmunds and Tre White. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×