Beane is getting national media love

21 hours ago, Logic said:

Good post.

There are probably better PURE PERSONNEL men at GM around the league. But in terms of being well rounded, knowing how to work contracts, knowing how to work trades, putting together a good staff, managing people, having a vision and demonstrating the discipline necessary to enact it, etc...I'll take Brandon Beane all day.

Anyone who honestly, in their heart of hearts doesn't think Beane is doing a good job so far or think he should automatically be on the "hot seat" if the Bills don't get into the playoffs this year, just doesn't know what they're looking at. It's that simple. He's not perfect, nobody is. He said himself that they're not going to bat 1.00. But his hits far outweigh his misses at this point. We just finished year two of the McDermott/Beane era, and they've already cleaned up a terrible salary cap mess, completely changed the team culture, built the #2 ranked defense in the league, identified a franchise QB, and begun to build around said QB. They have done these things fearlessly, without flinching, without compromising their beliefs, and without regard to how much it might tick off some fans. If you can't give these guys credit for the job they've done so far, then I don't know what to tell you.

All in on Beane and McDermott. All in.

This has been my opinion from day one, just couldn't put it into words as well as you did. I mean how many moves has he made that didn't work out? one, being Kelvin Benjamin? That's all I can think of. The dude got a 3rd round pick for Tyrod freaking Taylor (which offset the 3 we gave up for KB anyway) and got draft picks for AJ McCarron and Marshall freaking Newhouse.

Like you said, his hits FAR outweigh his misses.

I never was one of the fans who thought Beane or McDermott didn't have what it takes to help us succeed... Beane quickly got rid of players most of us fans didn't want anymore anyway. Dareus was cancer, Watkins also etc. Some fans may not have liked what we got back in return for some players but that's their own sit at home GM brains doing the thinking.

Only problem I ever had with McDermott was his clapping on the sidelines during horrible penalties, plays etc. (Hence my avatar) and had a minor issue with looking at the herpes on his lip for a few weeks but it went away so it was cool. I thought maybe McDermott was gonna be a soft coach on the sidelines which had me worried but then when he said that comment about how he loved it when his team defended their teammate in a brawl, i was like ok, McDermott, you've won me over.

Getting rid of Preston Brown was also a beautiful move for Beane. I'll never forget him just watching Gronk destroy Tre White with some old WWF move, without interfering... 

21 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I'd pay good money to bang that host of GMFB, even after Amendola's been there 

I'm 40 years old n by no way am I up to date with slang words but I'm pretty sure "bang" is outdated. Not sure though...

Edited by HuSeYiN_NYC

23 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Is there any way to hear this interview with Schein?

Made a direct link to the interview here:

http://bit.ly/2TblCcr

Should playback immediately on desktop and Android. Apple requires setting up an account however (this is assuming you're not a SiriusXM subscriber) DM me if you have issues.

Edited by disco
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SWATeam said:

It's funny how the narrative has changed.

Not too long ago, Beane was Mcdermott's hand picked puppet- and Mcdermott really ran the show.  It was this big joke that we hired our coach before the GM.

Well, it looks like Beane has seized control of this organization.  Even without homer glasses, it looks like Beane might be a rock-star GM.  Especially if he hit on Allen and can ride the coat tails of a franchise QB.  Even the national media is catching on.

I mean look at the contracts that he just gave out.  Massively improved the team (IMO) without doing anything that could cause any financial pain down the road.  Absolutely the formula for sustained success.

Brandon Beane is killing it right now.

Exactly. I was one that had confidence from the get go, but he, like everybody else, has to delivered the goods. And his moves so far make total sense... even if it doesn't pan out. We can all see it's logical, good for the short term while not compromising the long term. Amazing though that all will fall into place if Allen is a franchise QB (and I sure think he is). Crazy when you think about it. But nice that Josh seems surrounded by a great staff and players. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/15/2019 at 12:15 PM, ColoradoBills said:

Beane is doing well.  Keep it up GM.

I'm really hoping Gore takes over DiMarco's roster spot.

That is a win/win in my book.

Gore is not a Fullback. Can we stop with Dimarco narrative, having a FB makes for a better run game which this team wants to do.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Never been more confident in a GM and coach tandem in Bills history.

Great times coming soon.

Pisses me off when Dopp and Lapdog are constantly downing this regime and wishing we had been Cleveland all these years:angry:

McD can be too conservative for my liking at times, but he sure gets the team up and ready to play and even over their talent level. Peterman and all of those other decisions make me scratch my head as well, but we will see how he does when this year, with what I assume will be much better talent...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Gore could fill the role that DiMarco is tasked with a few time per game.

In a 2 back set I'd rather have Gore and Shady than DiMarco and Shady.

In theory, that is a good idea, and it's possible that could happen. I know that Gore is ageless, but the idea is to give him a limited number of snaps so he can be effective late in games and late in the season. So the idea of using him as a battering ram blocking back, which he could surely do, and not having a true FB a few or several times a game somewhat defeats that purpose. DiMarco has been somewhat of a disappointment, of course, but Daboll still likes to employ a FB in his offense. 

On 3/15/2019 at 11:38 AM, MAJBobby said:

The Bills have been getting alot of love this entire week with the signings that they made

Hey Major- the signings along with a clear vision, fiscal responsibility, changing the culture, and 2 solid drafts really feels like the Bills in the late 80’s. Lets hope that translates to W’s!!!

4 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

McD can be too conservative for my liking at times, but he sure gets the team up and ready to play and even over their talent level. Peterman and all of those other decisions make me scratch my head as well, but we will see how he does when this year, with what I assume will be much better talent...

P5t5rman is not on Beane he was drafted under Coach McD's watch and Coach McD apparently controls the 53 man roster.

Now trading for Coleman last year and adding to dead cap space was on him.

10 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Gore is not a Fullback. Can we stop with Dimarco narrative, having a FB makes for a better run game which this team wants to do.

I don't think he is saying Gore is  a FB.  May be this team doesn't need a FB and needs more a blocking TE.

8 hours ago, Limeaid said:

P5t5rman is not on Beane he was drafted under Coach McD's watch and Coach McD apparently controls the 53 man roster.

Now trading for Coleman last year and adding to dead cap space was on him.

never said he was on beane, he was on McD for starting him

12 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

McD just needs to focus on keeping this D top 8 and hope Dabol develops as a good OC.