Beane is getting national media love

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

I'm listening on WGR right now, he said he knew that people would say "Beane's an idiot" for signing Gore

certainly don’t understand the old running back thing, it’s not wine... but hey if it works, so be it.

the three head monster:

shady runs around you

Ivory runs over you

Gore runs through you

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

54 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I have been, and so have some others, saying this for a while now.  One thing I have been trying to point out is that both McD and Beane are highly respected as rising stars in their positions inside NFL circles.  Fans have really had some puzzling assessments and hot takes from clearly not understanding what had to happen before this could happen.  

Truth is, people are starting to see what many others had already begun to see a while ago now.  Beane is quickly rising to the top of the GM circles and some of the things he does better than most already is extracting max value our of trades and structuring team friendly contracts.  People complain about Murphy for instance without realizing how team friendly the deal is for Beane to get out of it if he wants.  Deals we signed this year, same thing.  Kroft is essentially a 1 year deal with 2 follow on options.  

Beane is a witch, and I am 100% sold on him as a GM and McD as a coach.  These two will be a tandem for this team for a LONG time.

Good post.

There are probably better PURE PERSONNEL men at GM around the league. But in terms of being well rounded, knowing how to work contracts, knowing how to work trades, putting together a good staff, managing people, having a vision and demonstrating the discipline necessary to enact it, etc...I'll take Brandon Beane all day.

Anyone who honestly, in their heart of hearts doesn't think Beane is doing a good job so far or think he should automatically be on the "hot seat" if the Bills don't get into the playoffs this year, just doesn't know what they're looking at. It's that simple. He's not perfect, nobody is. He said himself that they're not going to bat 1.00. But his hits far outweigh his misses at this point. We just finished year two of the McDermott/Beane era, and they've already cleaned up a terrible salary cap mess, completely changed the team culture, built the #2 ranked defense in the league, identified a franchise QB, and begun to build around said QB. They have done these things fearlessly, without flinching, without compromising their beliefs, and without regard to how much it might tick off some fans. If you can't give these guys credit for the job they've done so far, then I don't know what to tell you.

All in on Beane and McDermott. All in.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

It's funny how two-days can totally change the mentality around about McBeane. 

Not sure how many changed their minds, or how many are just lying low waiting to pounce of the next perceived misstep.  It won’t be 100% perfect, but I love the big picture. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

A buddy of mine was classmates with Schein at SU. A little bit of love for upstate NY definitely stuck with Schein, like it did for my buddy (and he's even from Boston, and a Pats fan). 

Schein's first radio job or one of his first radio jobs was at a station in Syracuse for quite a while. Then he moved to NYC to work for Sirius and Mad Dog Sports Radio. 

Not me, I knew that his approach was much different more methodical with a clear-eyed vision than what we'd seen before.

That's half the battle.

The other half..........

Bringing in the talent

I'll be honest I was hard on Beane the first 2yrs but now I'm growing to love the guy. But the hardest work is ahead adding game changers is basically what's left to do when it comes to building this team.  

19 hours ago, NewEra said:

Smokescreen.  I’ve read right here that he’s terrible 

Oh yeah, I mean look at how he botched the comp pick formula by signing all those free agents this year! Now how are we supposed to get comp picks? Isn't that how you win in the NFL? We're doomed...

At least that's what I read, here.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Bills4life1924 said:

I know Its almost a year old and I posted it last year, but this is fitting for this thread. Obviously it's a team effort in the moves they have made, so I also give a shout out to The Pegulas, McDermott and Beanes whole staff!! Go Bills!!

I'd never seen that before. Good stuff!

It's funny how the narrative has changed.

Not too long ago, Beane was Mcdermott's hand picked puppet- and Mcdermott really ran the show.  It was this big joke that we hired our coach before the GM.

Well, it looks like Beane has seized control of this organization.  Even without homer glasses, it looks like Beane might be a rock-star GM.  Especially if he hit on Allen and can ride the coat tails of a franchise QB.  Even the national media is catching on.

I mean look at the contracts that he just gave out.  Massively improved the team (IMO) without doing anything that could cause any financial pain down the road.  Absolutely the formula for sustained success.

Brandon Beane is killing it right now.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I love  the GMFB crew. Only National Media group that actually knows what they’re talking about when it comes to the Bills imo. 

It took me awhile to warm up to schrager but I agree 100%. It’s on in my office every single morning.  And they’ve come right out and said they won’t bag on the bad teams like others do because it’s classes low hanging fruit. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Oh yeah, I mean look at how he botched the comp pick formula by signing all those free agents this year! Now how are we supposed to get comp picks? Isn't that how you win in the NFL? We're doomed...

At least that's what I read, here.

Maybe you stop reading? ?

• Like (+1) 1