Beane is getting national media love

It’s clearly deserved, in my opinion. So many people here were bashing him but everything done last year was clearly done by design with a long term strategy in mind. 

I loved the plan from day one and love it even more now!

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I believe Allen is a Franchise QB.  He has all the skills, tools, athletic ability and personality.  Is he raw..... Yes.  Is he coachable..... Yes.  Do we have a good group of coaches around him with a plan finally....... Yes.  Do we have talent around him finally...... It looks like it. ?

Edited by Mark92
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Beane is doing well.  Keep it up GM.

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

I'm listening on WGR right now, he said he knew that people would say "Beane's an idiot" for signing Gore

I'm really hoping Gore takes over DiMarco's roster spot.

That is a win/win in my book.

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Beane is doing well.  Keep it up GM.

I'm really hoping Gore takes over DiMarco's roster spot.

That is a win/win in my book.

Most of their focus is on the draft right now - but if they get a call or find out something is available they will look to make moves. Nothing is imminent. Don't feel there is glaring hole they need to fill right now. Will draft BPA every time.

If they feel the draft is thin in an area, they focus more during FA to prevent that

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

I have been, and so have some others, saying this for a while now.  One thing I have been trying to point out is that both McD and Beane are highly respected as rising stars in their positions inside NFL circles.  Fans have really had some puzzling assessments and hot takes from clearly not understanding what had to happen before this could happen.  

Truth is, people are starting to see what many others had already begun to see a while ago now.  Beane is quickly rising to the top of the GM circles and some of the things he does better than most already is extracting max value our of trades and structuring team friendly contracts.  People complain about Murphy for instance without realizing how team friendly the deal is for Beane to get out of it if he wants.  Deals we signed this year, same thing.  Kroft is essentially a 1 year deal with 2 follow on options.  

Beane is a witch, and I am 100% sold on him as a GM and McD as a coach.  These two will be a tandem for this team for a LONG time.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Watkins90 said:

Great interview with Schien. 

A buddy of mine was classmates with Schein at SU. A little bit of love for upstate NY definitely stuck with Schein, like it did for my buddy (and he's even from Boston, and a Pats fan).