Available Players As we are about to start the 1-2 yr bargain part of UFA

MAJBobby

Just now, RyanC883 said:

With Miller now gone, I wonder who we pickup as a backup OL.  Anyone have suggestions?  I don't know enough about the guys on this list. 

Think he is already on the Roster.

But if you want to look at some other OGs that could een push to start go with Lang and Kline

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

With Miller now gone, I wonder who we pickup as a backup OL.  Anyone have suggestions?  I don't know enough about the guys on this list. 

He might already be on he roster-----Ike Boettger----the rookie from Iowa---I think the Bills like him & they will see if the new line coach can coach him up.

• Like (+1) 1

He’s not on this list but I would be interested in a short term deal with Clay Mathews. Strictly as a pass rusher. It would be a role similar to the Lorax. A guy that can add a dimension to the pass rush and blitz from the SLB position as well as DE. It would not be to play a lot of snaps. Just a guy with fresh legs that can move around and offer teams another area of respect opposite of Hughes. I have thought forever that Mathews is one of the most overrated players in the league but he does get after the QB. If you use him in the right role and cut down his snaps, I think he can be effective. 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Here are some unsigned Options (not going to list the tagged players) in positions in case looking for some more depth

CB

Ronald Darby

Bryce Callahan

Marris Claibone

Rashaan Melvin

Darqueze Dennard

Kayvon Webster

Trevor Williams (RFA)

DE

Ziggy Ansah

Justin Houston

Bruce Irvin

Derrick Morgan

Nick Perry

Shaq Barrett

Shane Ray

Adrian Clayborne

DT

Timmy Jernigan

David Irving - May be done with football

Muhammad Wilkerson

Darius Philon

Bent Urban

Corey Liuget

RB

Jay Ajayi

CJ Anderson

Alex Collins (RFA)

Spencer Ware

TJ Yeldon

LB

Zach Brown

Jamie Collins

Josh Bynes

Brandon Marshall

Jake Ryan

OL

T.J Lang

Josh Kline

Andy Levitre

Josh Sitton

George Fant

Ted Karras (RFA)

TE

Tyler Eifert 

Jared Cook

Austin Seferian Jenkins

S

Tre Boston

Clayton Geathers

Adrian Phillips

A lot of these guys (Ansah, Wilkerson, Irvin, to name a few) are still going to get paid...

That said, if cheap enough, sign me up for any of:

Callahan, Dennard, literally ANY of the DEs mentioned, Jernigan, Wilkerson, Liuget, Marshall, Sitton or Vit, Boston, and any of the TEs mentioned... 

Again though, I don't think most of those guys will be had at bargain bin prices...

1 hour ago, 1st&ten said:

He might already be on he roster-----Ike Boettger----the rookie from Iowa---I think the Bills like him & they will see if the new line coach can coach him up.

Agreed.  Say Long and Teller play LG and RG.  Leaves Feliciano and Boettger as potential backups.  Oh and Ducasse still on roster.  Can see Ducasse, Mcdermott and Serles being let go after draft with little impact to cap via dead money.  

This team kept 9 players on 53 at OLine last year.  Dawkins/Ducasse/Groy/Miller/Mills/Bodine/McDermott/Teller/Boettger.  When Bodine went down they grabbed Serles.

So far my best guess for Oline in 2019 is Nsekhe/Long/Morse/Teller/Dawkins/Feliciano/Boettger/ Draft IOL / Draft OT.  Feliciano can play C if need be.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

I don't think we are at the settling deals yet. Some of these guys will wait till post draft or post June cuts. 

A lot of teams still have 30+ mil to spend.  I think it’s more about right fit than splash deals.  Like us, many teams don’t have the holes to fill as much now. 

But I do agree, there are plenty quality players to be found. 

Doesn't matter really how much teams have to spend.  They will sit on it and roll it.  We are in the 1 and 2 year deal part of UFA that is just how it is.  

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Doesn't matter really how much teams have to spend.  They will sit on it and roll it.  We are in the 1 and 2 year deal part of UFA that is just how it is.  

Miller would disagree 

I thînk we need an end, a defensive tackle, another tight end, and linebacker depth that can excel in special teams. 

Cassius Marsh - So I said it somewhere else but I would love to have Cassius Marsh on this team. Can play off the ball SAM, and can rush as an end. Can play some wide nine. He's also really good on special teams and he hates the Patriots. Perfect fit imo. He's only 26, will be 27. He recorded up 5.5 sacks last year in a part time role. Obvious Clayborn and guys like that make sense, but Marsh is more versatile and gives you special teams play. 

Eric Tomlinson - Really big blocking tight end formerly of the Jets. He was set to be a RFA but was not tendered. 6-6, 263. Great special teams guy and will throw in a catch or two. Perfect 2-3 who serves as almost an extra lineman. Should come cheap. If you watch the Andre Roberts highlights, Tomlinson is often making the key kick out block that springs him. Other names out there are James O'Shaugnessy, Maxx Williams, AJ Derby

Albert McClellan - he's an older player at 33 but he's linebacker depth who is an excellent player on special teams. Kyle Emanuel is another excellent special teams player formerly of the Chargers. DJ Alexander formerly of the Eagles works as well. He's been a pro bowler for special teams before and and would be an excellent addition. 

As we've discussed all over the board, we do need a three technique player. Maybe its Darius Philon, mentioned above. Maybe Corey Luiget. Honestly I think this guy comes via the draft, or a release of someone who hasn't been released yet. 

• Like (+1) 4