Kareem Hunt suspended 8 games

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I thought it was pretty common knowledge he was gonna miss 8-10 no matter what... that's what I was assuming all along.

right? I thought it was pretty common knowledge he was missing 8-10 games... im pretty sure the browns knew this. regardless its still a great investment for them.

I assumed he would get 6. There were some media who thought he might get less, or nothing, because he missed a lot of time already last year when he got put on roger’s list. The Browns requested to to be told by 3/13 so they could proceed accordingly with FA. They didn’t know all along but I’m assuming they prepared for the worst. 

7 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

wonder if he will appeal and if that can get knocked down?

10 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

He will appeal unless they count the 4 games he missed last season as part of his suspension. 

probably means 6 then. Seems like you can take whatever the suspension is -2 after appeals right

Thought it would be longer tbh.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I assumed he would get 6. There were some media who thought he might get less, or nothing, because he missed a lot of time already last year when he got put on roger’s list. The Browns requested to to be told by 3/13 so they could proceed accordingly with FA. They didn’t know all along but I’m assuming they prepared for the worst. 

rapaport said they proceeded like it would be 6-10. they were thinking 6 was a real possibility. split the difference I guess.

what this says to me is look for them to utilize Johnson to the best of his abilities complementing chubb up until the trade deadline in the regular season and snab a solid mid round pick off a team that's RB needy next season.

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

We all did

its picking the guy in the first place.  

low risk investment. great move.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

The bigger question now is when to draft HUNT.  Plenty of time left to unleash he for the Fantasy Playoff push.

we do auction draft so it's when his name comes up and we bid

12 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

For me it depends on if I get the guys I have targeted with my first 4 picks. I would say 5th or 6th rd if you really want to make sure that you get him.

Check your league settings first....I was able to get edelmen last year and stuff him on IR because our league lets it happen.  Can be a big difference when to pull that trigger.

23 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

The bigger question now is when to draft HUNT.  Plenty of time left to unleash he for the Fantasy Playoff push.

Not until really late imo. Even when he comes back he’s going to share the rock, unless Chubb is hurt. 

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure why some react as if this is  a surprise or a reason to mock the Browns--everyone was well aware that there would  be a significant consequence, maybe a year suspension.  8 games is a light and expected penalty in most people's minds and not a surprise at all to the Browns I assume.

25 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I still would have pursued him.

If this was an isolated incident, I'd agree.  But he has a violent history and I am very doubtful that this will be his last suspension.

• Like (+1) 1