Buffalo's Draw for Free Agents

I think the front office and culture (in addition to the fact that we finally have identified a franchise quarterback) that have been built in Buffalo has had a great influence in drawing free agents this year... Case in point Beasley choosing Buffalo over NE and Dallas. What do you think fellow Bills fans. Has the FO successfully changed the way Buffalo as a city and team are viewed around the league and especially in the eyes of free agents?

This that Buffalo now offers that will draw free agents now and in the future

State of the art Facilities

Billionaire Owners not afraid to spend

Stability at the ownership level

Young QB that has good tape

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 8

23 minutes ago, umang_a_desai said:

I think the front office and culture (in addition to the fact that we finally have identified a franchise quarterback) that have been built in Buffalo has had a great influence in drawing free agents this year... Case in point Beasley choosing Buffalo over NE and Dallas. What do you think fellow Bills fans. Has the FO successfully changed the way Buffalo as a city and team are viewed around the league and especially in the eyes of free agents?

It’s nice hear players say they chose Buffalo over this or that that team but It’s still about the money. Id imagine Buffalo was offering the most money for each of those guys signed.  

Winning will change the culture. We still were spurned by AB and the poll came out very recently that had us as the least favorable destination. So while I am happy with the FA class we brought in and I think the whole "Nobody wants to go to Buffalo" is overblown I wouldnt say we have removed the stigma. We are still a 6 win team and our QB, while exciting, is raw and far from a guarantee. But ultimately winning will remove any stench.

There isnt much difference between Green Bay, Buffalo, Cleveland Green Bay has never had the same stigma as the other two because theyve been consistent winner. Cleveland was coming off a run of 1-31 a year ago, now theyre a desirable destination.

We have to win. If we go 6-10 again and Josh doesnt improve then we will be back to laughing stocks with a bad QB situation.

3 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Beane and AB's agent both have came out and said this is not true... ?

I am aware. In these types of situations I operate under the concept that there are three sides to every story: My side, their side and then the truth.

Nobody really knows what went down between us and AB but Id guess that a part of it was that AB didnt want to come here. And several reports confirm that. Of course Beane and AB wont say that directly though.

4 minutes ago, jletha said:

I am aware. In these types of situations I operate under the concept that there are three sides to every story: My side, their side and then the truth.

Nobody really knows what went down between us and AB but Id guess that a part of it was that AB didnt want to come here. And several reports confirm that. Of course Beane and AB wont say that directly though.

OK. I think AB was reaching for a gallon of milk but accidentally grabbed the bleach. Would explain the permanent mustache. Never know the truth for sure even if someone says it.

• Haha (+1) 3

This is exactly why Beane was all fired up and pissed from the anonymous claim that Buffalo was a low destination choice for FA's. They've been trying to correct that stigma all during their time here so far. They finally have the $$ to do so and some schmuck makes that garbage claim. And when the $$ is there, who wouldn't want to play for this fanbase?  as for AB... he's either crazy greedy or a fool... though he has a stash of cash now, lol.   

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, umang_a_desai said:

Yes. The perception is definitely changing for the better. Now all that's needed is to get back to an make some noise in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Did Beasley really choose us over NE?

Yes he did

??

• Like (+1) 1