A trade down is now off the table.

I like a trade up with SF. I posted this in the other thread: 

Also, with the way free agency has gone down, I actually could see a trade up. If I'm Beane I am doing everything in my power to trade up for Nick Bosa or Q. Williams. At this point I think Oliver might fall. I am working a trade with San Francisco to go get Bosa. They only have six picks. We have ten, and we aren't going to use all of them. If I can get to 2 to draft Bosa and Williams without giving up my 2020 first round pick, I'm doing it. 

SF traded their 2020 2nd rounder for Dee Ford. Offer them #9, our 2020 2nd, and maybe a 4th and 5th. Basically they get Dee Ford for dropping from 2 to 9 and get a 4th and 5th. It's a no brainer. They can have Trent Murphy and Shaq Lawson too if they want. 

I'm not normally a trade up guy. But I simply don't see how we fit 10 draft picks on our roster, and I see 2-3 elite players in this draft. With how free agency played out, I would totally work to jump up, specifically for Bosa or Williams.  

•  
Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

With so many FA signings I doubt that trading down in round one is an option (unless it's combined with later trade ups).  

However, say hello to trading up if McBeane see a player that they want.

They can sit tight and get the 3rd best edge rusher, 2nd-3rd best DT, over draft a TE or they can go get their guy.  They will go get their guy.

A trade back should be the very first option IMO if some QB desperate team Like MIA, Redskins, Titans (team to watch for QB) absolutely want Haskins you should make that move

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Also, with the way free agency has gone down, I actually could see a trade up. If I'm Beane I am doing everything in my power to trade up for Nick Bosa or Q. Williams. At this point I think Oliver might fall. I am working a trade with San Francisco to go get Bosa. They only have six picks. We have ten, and we aren't going to use all of them. If I can get to 2 to draft Bosa and Williams without giving up my 2020 first round pick, I'm doing it. 

SF traded their 2020 2nd rounder for Dee Ford. Offer them #9, our 2020 2nd, and maybe a 4th and 5th. Basically they get Dee Ford for dropping from 2 to 9 and get a 4th and 5th. It's a no brainer. They can have Trent Murphy and Shaq Lawson too if they want. 

I'm not normally a trade up guy. But I simply don't see how we fit 10 draft picks on our roster, and I see 2-3 elite players in this draft. With how free agency played out, I would totally work to jump up, specifically for Bosa or Williams.  

•  

It would probably take our 2nd to move up, and we would be ridiculous to do that for a non-QB.  

Pick 40 is prime high level TE/WR territory.  Zero chance I move that pick unless we’re using it to get back into the 1st.  

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

•  

Imo there are 3 positions where the Bills are focused on drafting high OR making a trade to build their young core. So far they have drafted CB, QB, MLB, LT. They are going to go pass rusher, 3 tech, WR next. From all the rumors I think they do want a #1 WR though I’m far from convinced they will do that at 9 because I just don’t think any of the WRs in this draft are top 10 players overall this year. I think they want an established guy first but could take one in the 2nd if the right one is sitting there. They are also heavy after a pass rusher and 3 tech is a very important part of McD’s Defense. I think at 9 they go BPA on DL. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think a trade down from 9 is still very much in play, but having said that, I think we'll almost certainly trade up later on; there's no way we draft 10 players IMO so they'll either consolidate picks or trade some of them for future picks.

• Like (+1) 1

I get it - roster is getting full - but don't forget that a trade down can also be done for pick(s) next year. Regardless, there is always room for improvement. You can never have too many picks or too much competition.....

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I think a trade down from 9 is still very much in play, but having said that, I think we'll almost certainly trade up later on; there's no way we draft 10 players IMO so they'll either consolidate picks or trade some of them for future picks.

As shocked as I would be if we trade up from 9, is as equally shocked as I’ll be if we don’t trade up from at least one of our other picks. 

42 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

With so many FA signings I doubt that trading down in round one is an option (unless it's combined with later trade ups).  

They can sit tight and get the 3rd best edge rusher, 2nd-3rd best DT, over draft a TE or they can go get their guy.  They will go get their guy.

When you put yourself in a corner like that, you make mistakes. I'm not saying they won't make a mistake, but I doubt they lock themselves into that line of thinking. 

49 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Unless you are actually Beane mascarading as a TBD poster, I would suggest that the table is still full- all options, with the exception of trading Josh Allen or Tre Edmunds. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I'm not sure why you feel the need to waffle.  We'll be proven right on draft night.

I'm in the same boat as you, Yolo and the majority of guys here....you move up.  Especially if it can get done before Draft night. Get up to pick 3 or 4, then trade down to pick 6 or 7 and get some more 2nd and 3rd round picks. It's a net move up with added picks. 

41 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

So you've come around this quickly? Trading up is the way to go in this draft.

Go look at the frequency they traded up in Carolina in the early rounds.

Wildly unlikely. Not impossible, but wildly unlikely.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...EXACTLY......McBeane now has more options and trading down for an extra 2nd is STILL one of them IMO..............

And maybe that 2nd rounder with another pick gets him back into round 1. :thumbsup: