A trade down is now off the table.

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

It would take quite a bit to move up much like we did when we traded up for Sammy Watkins, most definitely a 1st next year if we're moving up into the top 5, you don't give up a 1st next year for a LB or a DE who is coming off a season ending injury it just doesn't make sense imo. 

I wouldn't give up our 1st next year in a trade down for Bosa...but if he dropped for that reason and got close enough...I would inquire on what the price would be.  I would take him with our 9th and not think twice about it if he were there.  I really don't see this happening anyways. 

Edited by Magnum Force

6 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

I wouldn't give up our 1st next year in a trade down for Bosa...but if he dropped for that reason and got close enough...I would inquire on what the price would be.  I would take him with our 9th and not think twice about it if he were there.  I really don't see this happening anyways. 

Not likely Bosa falls passed #3, but who knows.  A perfect scenario for me is to stick with #9, OR trade up if OUR GUY can be had without selling the farm....losing our 2nd or next years first is off the table IMO. Package some picks and get another pick in the 3rd round.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RFL said:

Not likely Bosa falls passed #3, but who knows.  A perfect scenario for me is to stick with #9, OR trade up if OUR GUY can be had without selling the farm....losing our 2nd or next years first is off the table IMO. Package some picks and get another pick in the 3rd round.

Basically what I was saying is that I don't think Bosa's injury is too much of a concern and he will probably go pick 2 or 3.  I agree with what you said

9 hours ago, SCBills said:

We don’t need anymore 5th-7th Round Picks, but I guarantee you Beane would think about moving back if netted him a later 1st and an extra 2nd/3rd. 

can you imagine getting the raider's 2 late 1sts for 9?  maybe we gotta throw a later rd. pick or whatever but, we can still get a premier player and a later 1st to fetch a 2nd and 3rd.

as far as the 2 5th's and 2 7th's, by all means pair them for rd. 4 or higher.

we could end up with 7 or more picks rds. 1 thru 4.

2 hours ago, Magnum Force said:

i don't want to say anything is impossible but I'd have to say if he free falled like that then the injury is much worse then speculated, highly doubtful but in your scenario then yes I'd inquire for sure if he started falling down the board.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

How exactly is a trade down off the table?

Did Beane actually come out and say this?

Otherwise, a trade down IS NOT out of any equation whatsoever.

That didn't happen.  As the roster sits there are no glaring holes.  Optimistically, I dont see Buffalo drafting in the top 10 for a few years.  Use the pick and get a premier player.  Trade down makes sense to fill out the roster.  They are in need of a impact player.  The further down you go less impactful they theoretically are.

16 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We wont finish with 10 draft picks EVEN IF we trade down and accum picks....

More then likely

a.  They will be used in trade up scenario's targeting specific players

b.  Some of them could be traded into the following year for BETTER draft picks

We will be nowhere close to 50 percent turnover

What % turnover is 11 (apologies for saying 10 above) FA’s?

(Hint: 21)

22 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

That place looks awesome! Is this a franchise? 

I’m really bummed ihop is closing so many places. Every time I go, there’s at least an hour wait. So the demand is still very high.

I don’t get it.

Its so good, but I think the only one is in downtown Syracuse. There was one in Rochester but I'm not sure if it's open anymore. Anytime I am anywhere near Syracuse, like within an hour or two, I will take a detour to go. I think it was started by two Syracuse college kids or something like that. Thanksgiving Waffle is amazing. 

https://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/funk-n-waffles-in-new-york-0246754?soc=sharetw

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I think trading is a possibility.  Say LB White is available.  The Steelers NEED an ILB.  They would likely swap 1st and give us a 2nd or 3rd.  That'd be hard to pass-up, esp. if we think one of the Iowa TE's is available at 20, and get an Edge before the draft. 

ON THE OTHER HAND:

Say something crazy happens like Bosa, Williams, or Allen is available at say 4.  I could see a trade-up.  The Raiders are crazy?  Perhaps Zay Jones and our 1st to trade up. 

Most likely: we stay where we are and choose between White and Oliver.  A great problem to have, IMO!   Then trade back into the first and grab an OT. 

I would want a 2 and a 1 next yr to swap with Pitt. 11spots in this draft is huge drop off in talent.  But I do agree take the TE @#20.

It's starting to look like the Bills might be zeroing in on the DL at #9.  Oliver would be the 3 technique that McDermott needs for his defense.  If they went OL I wouldn't complain but adding 4 players through FA is quite a haul so I would imagine they use the 1st pick somewhere else.  The WR room is a little full right now and they did add a TE in FA.  DL is my guess unless they can get a pass Rusher between now and then.  If that happens then it truly will be BPA.  

On 3/15/2019 at 8:38 AM, SCBills said:

We don’t need anymore 5th-7th Round Picks, but I guarantee you Beane would think about moving back if netted him a later 1st and an extra 2nd/3rd. 

I agree with you, SC. 

At the very least, 6's and 7's are going to have trouble making this team.  I think Beane is going to use 5-7's as currency to stack picks in rounds 1-4.  A trade down in the first to net an added second and fourth maybe.  The a trade back into the lower first to get a target at a position of low depth in the draft.  Then using a combination of 5ths, 6th and 7th to get back into the mid and lower 4th to get players.

I would be surprised if the Bills 10 picks yield more than 8 players once Beane is done trading.   There's just not room on the roster.  Man, I am shocked to type this...happily shocked.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, JoeF said:

I agree with you, SC. 

At the very least, 6's and 7's are going to have trouble making this team.  I think Beane is going to use 5-7's as currency to stack picks in rounds 1-4.  A trade down in the first to net an added second and fourth maybe.  The a trade back into the lower first to get a target at a position of low depth in the draft.  Then using a combination of 5ths, 6th and 7th to get back into the mid and lower 4th to get players.

I would be surprised if the Bills 10 picks yield more than 8 players once Beane is done trading.   There's just not room on the roster.  Man, I am shocked to type this...happily shocked.

Happily shocked is right...that's spot on.  It's so nice to be building depth with players that have real NFL experience and have at least been serviceable spot starters.  The thing we lacked the most in past years was competition at each roster spot.  We always had starters at some positions that could hold their own, but man...the drop off to the backup guys was brutal.  A roster full of dumpster fire retreads at best.  Hell, we'd have backup offensive linemen enter the game and pick up a false start penalty on back to back drives or safeties that would leave guys running free like they didn't know the play.  It was maddening.  

I don’t care as long as they nail the pick. Trade up, stay put or trade back. In 2017 they traded back. In 2018 they traded up. Either they love their guy at 9, or they make a draft day decision to trade back to acquire draft capital for 2020. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think they're still evaluating players so their board isn't set yet so Beane & company probably aren't set on anything yet. We have 10 picks so I wouldn't be surprised to see Beane package that into 6 picks. Might not be the !st round but in other rounds. They can fill out the rest of their roster with UDRA's .