A trade down is now off the table.

With so many FA signings I doubt that trading down in round one is an option (unless it's combined with later trade ups).  

However, say hello to trading up if McBeane see a player that they want.

They can sit tight and get the 3rd best edge rusher, 2nd-3rd best DT, over draft a TE or they can go get their guy.  They will go get their guy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Please.

May be off the table for you, but for nobody else is trading back gone. Might not happen, but you can bet they still think it's an option.

Trading up? Yeah, not in the first round. Last year they had two massive holes they needed to fill, particularly at QB but also at the Kuechle spot in McD's defence. This year no massive holes. Not unless someone like Bosa falls to sixth or seventh or something wild like that.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 7

9 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

With so many FA signings I doubt that trading down in round one is an option (unless it's combined with later trade ups).  

They can sit tight and get the 3rd best edge rusher, 2nd-3rd best DT, over draft a TE or they can go get their guy.  They will go get their guy.

I've been thinking this even prior to FA. Swap of 1sts, throw in a 2nd, then use our 3rd and a 4th to move back into the 2nd rd, and grap a stud D-line , and WR/OL in the 2nd

Edited by BuffAlone

Nothing is off the table. Moreover, Beane seems like he is trying to move that pick. Not straight away, but for a player and then swap 1sts with the other team.

that said I prefer they just stay at 9 unless they are getting some elite, proven talent like Clowney, Julio etc. in the swap. I just think they have done a nice job with filling holes in a strategic way in FA with solid vets at starter and depth spots and now need to draft some elite young talent as high as possible . Trading down adds quantity but lessens the chance of that. 

• Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I disagree - he could trade back and pick up a first next rather than additional picks this year.

He could trade back and then trade up.

Nothing is off the table, but I do agree it is looking like they do not need all 10 picks to make this roster.

• Like (+1) 2

Huh?  No way.  I would bet that unless one of the big five slide to us, we trade down.  And Beane is not done making moves.  He still has $40 million in cap room and will make some moves before draft

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I disagree - he could trade back and pick up a first next rather than additional picks this year.

He could trade back and then trade up.

Nothing is off the table, but I do agree it is looking like they do not need all 10 picks to make this roster.

I could definitely see Beane moving around in the draft using some of those later picks - even moving up in the 2nd or 3rd using the multiple 4ths/5ths

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I could definitely see Beane moving around in the draft using some of those later picks - even moving up in the 2nd or 3rd using the multiple 4ths/5ths

So you've come around this quickly? Trading up is the way to go in this draft.

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was thinking this yesterday myself.  As another poster has said the bills only have so many roster spots now.  We don't need 10 draft picks.  I'd trade our extra 4th and 5th for a 3rd.  The first 3 rounds of this draft is really deep with starting talent.  We only have 3 of 10 picks in those rounds.  I would say day 2 movement is highly likely. 

Edited by Mark92

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

Your opinion.  Doesn't make it fact.  Beane is in a position to do whatever he wants.  Someone will want to move up for a QB most likely.

2 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I’m not sure what you mean by “come around”... I never said I didn’t think they should use picks to trade up.  But I’m referring to what i think Beane might do, not what i want him to do. And I’m not talking about trading up in the 1st. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not sure what you mean by “come around”... I never said I didn’t think they should use picks to trade up.  But I’m referring to what i think Beane might do, not what i want him to do. And I’m not talking about trading up in the 1st. 

I'm not sure why you feel the need to waffle.  We'll be proven right on draft night.