Bills Team Dinner

45 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Another one, with the ladies. These players all live in Southern Cal in offseason. Cool to see 

Is this the same restaurant btw? Looks Mexican. That margarita pitcher is calling my name. 

Josh with the big goofy thumbs up :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Another one, with the ladies. These players all live in Southern Cal in offseason. Cool to see 

Is this the same restaurant btw? Looks Mexican. That margarita pitcher is calling my name. 

The beard makes Barkley look like the lovechild of Fitzpatrick and Jesse Pinkman.

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think that is a different restaurant/dinner. 

This looks like one with the wives/girlfriends and the other looked like a guys night out or something. 

Pretty cool that it seems like these dinners might be a common occurrence. I love the term camaraderie McDermott is building. 

I don’t follow other teams as closely, but it doesn’t feel like it’s all that common to see groups of teammates from both sides of the ball hanging out in the offseason (and with their wives, too). 

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting interview with Mike Gillis (subscription required)

https://theathletic.com/881310/2019/03/22/lebrun-qa-with-mike-gillis-who-travelled-the-world-to-find-out-what-sets-elite-organizations-apart/

He was the Vancouver Canucks GM and built the team that made it to the Cup finals (and lost. Then Vancouver fans set the town on fire. Literally...).

He has spent the time since he was fired “traveling the world to find out what sets elite organizations apart” from the rest. 

This answer made made me think of McDermott/Beane and what they’re trying to do in Buffalo -

If you had one key takeaway from all those experiences, what would you say that you now know that you didn’t know before that has really left a deep impression on you?

I think the one thing that has made probably the biggest impression on me is the emphasis that really high-end, high-functioning organizations have on leadership and culture. Which is a daily part of their training environment. So it isn’t like you decide to focus on that for a short period of time and hope that it’s going to work out. They drive leadership, they drive culture every day that the players are there. It’s totally aligned from the top of the organization to the bottom of the organization that they’re always in a teaching mode, they’re always teaching about how to be proper leaders, and how to maintain the culture and what culture is defined as. It’s clearly one of the biggest differences that I saw. The top organizations are removing hope from the equation. They’re implementing plans and implementing a strategy that constantly drives leadership and culture. As a result, they take players that may not be successful somewhere else and they become successful there. There’s only so many top players to go around. But if you get the highest utility out of every one of them that’s on your team because you’re communicating properly, they’re training properly, but they’re also learning about how to be better. That was definitely the biggest takeaway I’ve had.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The restaurant is called South of Nicks in san Clemente. I heard Micah Hide say it on Instagram. Which sucks cause that’s where I live and had I known I would have gone over and stalked them. I’m pretty sure that they are training in Dana Point which is the next city over. Also Darnold lives here in San Clemente so I suppose they are hitting up all the tasty joints. 

11 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

The restaurant is called South of Nicks in san Clemente. I heard Micah Hide say it on Instagram. Which sucks cause that’s where I live and had I known I would have gone over and stalked them. I’m pretty sure that they are training in Dana Point which is the next city over. Also Darnold lives here in San Clemente so I suppose they are hitting up all the tasty joints. 

Allen & Darnold living together in offseason so makes sense 

• Like (+1) 1