What is fair trade value for Clowney?

Too much.  I think they have visions of the K. Mack deal in their mind. I see a couple of of possibly very good and possibly elite production years (2), but what happens when he falls off and we're stuck?  I think it's downhill from here.  The Bills don't have a JJ Watt type of player opposite of him.  I know everyone is super excited about FA and trades, but has any team been the FA champions and won anything?  Look at all the cuts that have been made, just a short time ago a number of team and fans were excited to have them, now they can't get rid of them soon enough.    

• Like (+1) 2

I feel the Dee Ford trade laid out this trade market pretty well. I wouldn’t give up more than a 2nd rounder for Clowney. The problem is, it isn’t just a 2nd for Clowney. The true cost is the 2nd and the opportunity cost of the lost cap dollars. In Clowney’s case you are probably looking at 18-20 million per year. That’s a whole lot of cap.  

• Like (+1) 2

I don't mind any trade for Clowney as long as we get to keep some type of 1st Rd pick this year! Even if we give up a 4th or 5th also. 

I don't care what his contract will be cause whatever it is... it will be inflated with bonus perks for Clowney to try & reach like Mario Williams did. 

Mario got a ton of money...but man for majority of his contract, it was well worth it. That D-Line was monstrous 

17 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

NFL's quick release offense it going to make it harder and harder to justify paying top money for pass rushers IMO.  

That is interesting and probably true, but wouldn’t that increase the value of a good pass rushing DT? Shortest distance is a straight line.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, chris heff said:

That is interesting and probably true, but wouldn’t that increase the value of a good pass rushing DT? Shortest distance is a straight line.

I would think so.  Fast way to slow a quick release offense is pressure in the face

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

I don't mind any trade for Clowney as long as we get to keep some type of 1st Rd pick this year! Even if we give up a 4th or 5th also. 

I don't care what his contract will be cause whatever it is... it will be inflated with bonus perks for Clowney to try & reach like Mario Williams did. 

Mario got a ton of money...but man for majority of his contract, it was well worth it. That D-Line was monstrous 

I'd love me some JaDaveon. His stock seems at its lowest right now but I've seen him take over games. Dude can ball!

Plus he'd move back into his position as a 4-3 DE right. Texans playing 3-4?

2 hours ago, YodaMan79 said:

Too much.  I think they have visions of the K. Mack deal in their mind. I see a couple of of possibly very good and possibly elite production years (2), but what happens when he falls off and we're stuck?  I think it's downhill from here.  The Bills don't have a JJ Watt type of player opposite of him.  I know everyone is super excited about FA and trades, but has any team been the FA champions and won anything?  Look at all the cuts that have been made, just a short time ago a number of team and fans were excited to have them, now they can't get rid of them soon enough.    

The chiefs set the bar with Dee Ford imo. Clowney will fetch slightly more, but no one is giving up for clowney what the bears gave up for Mack 

• Like (+1) 2

Interesting. I have not been a big Clowney fan, but his PFF grade says he is the real deal. Yes Cash for him would be big, however he would turn our Defense from very good to elite. Hughes would have a field day out there creating mayhem.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/jadeveon-clowney/8636

I do agree that swapping #1's or giving up a #2 may be enough. Houston could get another LB on the cheap and we still get a solid TE/DT/OL/WR at 23.

8 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I'd love me some JaDaveon. His stock seems at its lowest right now but I've seen him take over games. Dude can ball!

Plus he'd move back into his position as a 4-3 DE right. Texans playing 3-4?

Don't quote me on it ? but yea I think they do play a 3-4.

I would rather sign Ansah if his shoulder checks out and get an impact player at 9 such as Oliver.  If I knew that lets say Hockenson would be available at 23.....the trade would have a lot more appeal to me then. lol That is if we knew we could get him for a swap of 1sts and a sweetener.