NZ Mosque shooting *GRAPHIC* (50 dead) (1 shooter arrested)

3 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

As many benefits as the internet has. I honestly think that it and social media is the sole contributor to the decline of society. 

I wholeheartedly agree with this. We are worse off for it yet unwilling to relinquish it. 

5 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

As many benefits as the internet has. I honestly think that it and social media is the sole contributor to the decline of society. 

I've been saying for two decades: AOL instant messaging marks the point at which Western society's decline began.  It marks the start of the replacement of personal interaction with textual interaction, and basically made people seem increasingly less real to other people.

And yes, you idiots, I see the irony.

14 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I've been saying for two decades: AOL instant messaging marks the point at which Western society's decline began It marks the start of the replacement of personal interaction with textual interaction, and basically made people seem increasingly less real to other people.

And yes, you idiots, I see the irony.

A/S/L Tom

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Authoritarian governments, and wannabe authoritarians,  are pushing this stuff. Literally, right after Trump said he felt bad about the anti-immigrant terror attack he started in on scapegoating immigrants again. 

You conveniently left out the word illegal in front of immigrants 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Authoritarian governments, and wannabe authoritarians,  are pushing this stuff. Literally, right after Trump said he felt bad about the anti-immigrant terror attack he started in on scapegoating immigrants again. 

How/why did this happen if diversity is awesome? Because liberals tell me it’s such a great idea to mix religions, ethnicities, languages and so on. Just dump it all in a bucket and watch the awesome happen. That’s how it works, right?

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

How/why did this happen if diversity is awesome? Because liberals tell me it’s such a great idea to mix religions, ethnicities, languages and so on. Just dump it all in a bucket and watch the awesome happen. That’s how it works, right?

You are no warrior or scholar; a fool certainly, a snowflake most clearly.  You should probably learn a bit of history about the US......and how mixing ethnic groups, you know, created our country.  Part of me thinks you are a provokateur, and you do not actually believe anything you type, correct? 

2 minutes ago, IndyMark said:

You are no warrior or scholar; a fool certainly, a snowflake most clearly.  You should probably learn a bit of history about the US......and how mixing ethnic groups, you know, created our country.  Part of me thinks you are a provokateur, and you do not actually believe anything you type, correct? 

Im a combat vet and I have an undergrad in history. But cool post. 

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Thank you for posting that; it is good to see other countries also have idiots as politicians.  This Anning fellow seems to be dumb and logically challenged.  Let's see, a nationalist kills innocent people and somehow it gets turned into "....but, they really are at fault".  My goodness he is such a snowflake.  Yes, liberals have to be at fault for causing a right-wing nationalist nut job to kill.  Irony. At. It's. Best.  Along with ignorance.....we in America can certainly relate.  Again, thanks for highlighting this!

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

Im a combat vet and I have an undergrad in history. But cool post. 

I knew you were provoking the readership here!  There was just no way anyone could type what you do with a straight face.  Also, just to help you a bit, an undergraduate degree does not make you a scholar....but you knew that.  Well done, you got me there.

5 minutes ago, IndyMark said:

I knew you were provoking the readership here!  There was just no way anyone could type what you do with a straight face.  Also, just to help you a bit, an undergraduate degree does not make you a scholar....but you knew that.  Well done, you got me there.

My library makes me a scholar. Your “point” on America makes you a dumbass. Good day. 

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

My library makes me a scholar. Your “point” on America makes you a dumbass. Good day. 

Confirmed. You are a snowflake.  I am no dumbass, however.  But you know that.  Good choice on the salutation, and hopefully you spend a bit of time reflecting and reading before posting.  You do not add much.  Take care.

3 hours ago, bilzfancy said:

No it wasn't,  I've seen the cong do unspeakable things to their own people,  talked to WW2 vets who had stories about the Japanese, all I'm saying is that I understand the Dude's feelings on Muslims, had I been born 25 yrs later and fought in his wars, I'd probably feel the same as he does

So because of that you're going to speak of hatred towards a whole race/religion?? You and Dude should start a club.  

Edited by Chef Jim

21 minutes ago, IndyMark said:

We're no longer mixing ethnic groups. We're balkanizing. The melting pot has been replaced by the salad bowl. Assimilation has been replaced by multiculturalism. It's actually a legitimate concern.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Chef Jim said:

So because of that you're going to speak of hatred towards a whole race?? You and Dude should start a club.  

I never said anything about hate, just that I understand how he feels, I didn't say it was right or wrong, just that I understood

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

I never said anything about hate, just that I understand how he feels, I didn't say it was right or wrong, just that I understood

I don't understand how he feels but I understand why he feels.   Again PTSD is a hell of a thing. 

3 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

We're no longer mixing ethnic groups. We're balkanizing. The melting pot has been replaced by the salad bowl. Assimilation has been replaced by multiculturalism. It's actually a legitimate concern.

Time.  I know you did not state otherwise, but I speculate others would overlook the fact there was absolutely balkanization in the US when the Irish, Italians, Polish, etc.....were coming to America.  And with time, assimilation (to an extent) occurred.  But there absolutely was balkanization then....it was not a smooth immigration process as the US became "diverse" [at the time what would be diverse]....and it never was a true assimilation, per se.  Difference in religions (if one observes a religion) were in existence then and still evident today....among other elements.  Multiculturalism is not the issue (do you really have an issue with the Polynesian culture of Hawaii, for example?) it is separists and supremists (I inititally thought isolationists, but technically that would not be correct) that are the issue that are causing these false fears of others who are different.  This is why I implied that ignorance is truly the activator of violence.  That and fear.  I appreciate your reply.