NZ Mosque shooting *GRAPHIC* (50 dead) (1 shooter arrested)

This is a post from The_Dude (last Monday). It's a post that gets to the heart of the matter that he so ineptly bungled. Putting his hatred for "Hajis" aside, this below is the main situation that should be a topic of discussion amongst all people of peace:

"Its more than a “tiny” minority. It is a minority, but the issue is as I’ve said a million times, in Islam the tail wags the dog. In Muslim communities the fundamentalists quickly become the voice of the community because in order to contradict them one has to contradict Mohammad which CANNOT be done. That’s why Islam is what it is. Most Muslims want to live life peacefully, but they’re the silent majority who always gets pushed around by the agenda of the fundamentalists." 

6 minutes ago, BigMcD said:

I have a busy day today. Have to get the ribs in the smoker and later I plan on checking the temperature of the beer in the Kegerator! ? a couple of my other hobbies! 

Looks like you have a big challenge ahead of you.

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

This is a post from The_Dude (last Monday). It's a post that gets to the heart of the matter that he so ineptly bungled. Putting his hatred for "Hajis" aside, this below is the main situation that should be a topic of discussion amongst all people of peace:

"Its more than a “tiny” minority. It is a minority, but the issue is as I’ve said a million times, in Islam the tail wags the dog. In Muslim communities the fundamentalists quickly become the voice of the community because in order to contradict them one has to contradict Mohammad which CANNOT be done. That’s why Islam is what it is. Most Muslims want to live life peacefully, but they’re the silent majority who always gets pushed around by the agenda of the fundamentalists." 

•  
  •  

I don't know if this observations speaks to all Muslim communities, as he implies. I've seen what he describes in many places.

The exhausted majority of voters and non-voters in the US relates to this, for example. The extremes always make all the noise, get coverage, and grab moral high ground. So it has been. So it will be. 

5 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I don't know if this observations speaks to all Muslim communities, as he implies. I've seen what he describes in many places.

The exhausted majority of voters and non-voters in the US relates to this, for example. The extremes always make all the noise, get coverage, and grab moral high ground. So it has been. So it will be. 

It does in certain places like in Gaza, Saudi Arabia but not in others such as Morocco or Tunisia.

8 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Generally speaking, Muslims in the more extreme situations are afraid to go against the extremists in their community. Christians don't have that problem. If any Christian fundamentalist tried to threaten any Christians they'd be ridiculed to no end. Christian extremists are impotent. Islamic fundamentalists chop off heads. All extremists are not the same.

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Generally speaking, Muslims in the more extreme situations are afraid to go against the extremists in their community. Christians don't have that problem. If any Christian fundamentalist tried to threaten any Christians they'd be ridiculed to no end. Christian extremists are impotent. Islamic fundamentalists chop off heads. All extremists are not the same.

Not a lot of head-chopping in the US. 

And I’m not equating head-choppers with other more normal extremes but just noting that the media always holds the mic out to the extremists and there’s some perception that they speak for the exhausted majority. 

The current left left and right debate here shows this. Two slivers of the population have many convinced that we are more divided and in some civil war with the future of civilization at stake. Such exciting narcissism!

Edited by BeginnersMind

1 minute ago, BeginnersMind said:

And I’m not equating head-choppers with other more normal extremes but just noting that the media always holds the mic out to the extremists. 

That's because we are a predominately Christian (or other religions) country. In time we could become a predominately Muslim country and you may not be able to say that. The_Dude was right in that Western Civilization is on a crash course with Fundamentalist Islam. No amount of fence sitting, equivocating or "yesbut" language or blaming it on the media will change that.

1 hour ago, bilzfancy said:

Tim Horton coffee is the best, thankfully we get it in Florida

I love Tim Horton's coffee.   ? 

21 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

And I’m not equating head-choppers with other more normal extremes but just noting that the media always holds the mic out to the extremists and there’s some perception that they speak for the exhausted majority. 

The current left left and right debate here shows this. Two slivers of the population have many convinced that we are more divided and in some civil war with the future of civilization at stake. Such exciting narcissism!

Even one is too many

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I love Tim Horton's coffee.   ? 

Even one is too many

From your link:

Muzzammil Hassan founded Bridge TV in 2004. The American-Islamic station was designed to combat the negative stereotype of Muslims post-9/11. His wife was its general manager.

Muzzammil beheaded his wife.

23 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

From your link:

Muzzammil Hassan founded Bridge TV in 2004. The American-Islamic station was designed to combat the negative stereotype of Muslims post-9/11. His wife was its general manager.

Muzzammil beheaded his wife.

He didn’t do that because he was Muslim. He did it because he said his wife was abusive and he was nutso. He said he felt a great relief from all her rages the moment she was dead. 

Not exactly Muslim doctrine. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

4 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

I welcome his critique. You all have more tolerance for a child molester who makes jokes about having sex with underage kids and a racist who celebrates violence against the people he hates than you do for a guy whose sole purpose in criticisizing is to help make this place better. 

You can filter your own friend groups. And you can always seek out the dark side elsewhere. It’s not like it’s been cut off from you. 8chan and Git are right there any time you want to see $&@#heads. 

PPP has been lightly moderated because it was once better. Maybe there’s a limit. Maybe some people found it. 

re "the child molestor", he was on PPP/TSW/OTW for so long because he had made friends over the years at tailgates, which is where he shared the details from his past that have been brought up to discredit him

re The_Douche, he was hear for a far shorter time before awakening the mythical mods.  What you saw as tolerance was really disdain.  A good number of PPP had The_Dude on ignore and others such as myself had him on an implicit ignore.  And to be honest, I have you on the same list.  I sometimes read The_Dude (as yours and Tibs) and sometimes I just kinda glance over, meh don't care, and move on to the next post.  Sometimes I'd feed the troll but never pay much attention.

2 hours ago, meazza said:

So much anger for a Sunday morning.

everyone is hungover from St Pattys

1 hour ago, BigMcD said:

I have a busy day today. Have to get the ribs in the smoker and later I plan on checking the temperature of the beer in the Kegerator! ? a couple of my other hobbies! 

somebody better warn the moose

2 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

re "the child molestor", he was on PPP/TSW/OTW for so long because he had made friends over the years at tailgates, which is where he shared the details from his past that have been brought up to discredit him

Ever met a child molester who went to jail for one charge, with lots of others possible but not charged because the cops couldn’t verify the ages of the kids in photos, who owned up to the accusations?

And then comstsntly made jokes about having underage sex on here. 

I’ll go ahead with the judge and the cops and the outraged parents on that one. 

2 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

re The_Douche, he was hear for a far shorter time before awakening the mythical mods.  What you saw as tolerance was really disdain.  A good number of PPP had The_Dude on ignore and others such as myself had him on an implicit ignore.  And to be honest, I have you on the same list.  I sometimes read The_Dude (as yours and Tibs) and sometimes I just kinda glance over, meh don't care, and move on to the next post.  Sometimes I'd feed the troll but never pay much attention.

Look at his thread. Lots of normalizing here and in other threads for him. Not completely for sure but plenty. 

There’s a nice bubble here but LaDexter, Boyst, and The_Dude couldn’t remain protected. Thankfully. 

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Well at least the BigMcD isn’t drinking McD’s coffee. Oh and I have a Nespresso machine but the best coffee I’ve ever had is Illy. 

I had a Keurig for years and got tired of them crapping out on me, so I moved to Nespresso about a year ago and they make some of the best coffee I've ever made at home.

In fact, the only drawback is if I forget to stock up. I really wish they'd sell their pods in the grocery store.

3 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I had a Keurig for years and got tired of them crapping out on me, so I moved to Nespresso about a year ago and they make some of the best coffee I've ever made at home.

In fact, the only drawback is if I forget to stock up. I really wish they'd sell their pods in the grocery store.

Dude! Get the app. They deliver to your door the next day!!  

And I also have two Nespresso stores nearby. South Coast Plaza and Fascist....I mean Fashion Island. Which is awesome. They have tasting bars!

Edited by Chef Jim

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

everyone is hungover from St Pattys

somebody better warn the moose

Who is the child molester?

2 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

He didn’t do that because he was Muslim. He did it because he said his wife was abusive and he was nutso. He said he felt a great relief from all her rages the moment she was dead. 

Not exactly Muslim doctrine. 

Tell me, if he was being judged under Sharia Law what would you expect his punishment to be? Remember under Sharia a woman who gets raped may be stoned to death, for getting raped.

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Tell me, if he was being judged under Sharia Law what would you expect his punishment to be? Remember under Sharia a woman who gets raped may be stoned to death, for getting raped.

Don't know. I don’t live under Sharia law and nor does he in Orchard Park. Though I’m all for beheading Brady when he visits.