NZ Mosque shooting *GRAPHIC* (50 dead) (1 shooter arrested)

21 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

And that's more than fair.

Given that I hadn't seen your handle here before, I thought I'd alert you so you didn't start an argument with someone who isn't here.

Cheers.

I would rather have seen the argument. 

27 minutes ago, Paulus said:

I would rather have seen the argument. 

Do you believe that The_Douch being banned is a form of oppression?

Furthermore, do you believe that there is room for unprovoked violent threats against groups of people of any creed or national origin in political discourse?

40 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Do you believe that The_Douch being banned is a form of oppression?

Furthermore, do you believe that there is room for unprovoked violent threats against groups of people of any creed or national origin in political discourse?

No, he probably deserved what he got. I just don't think marginalization is really helping some of the people in the world these days. It is what it is, though. I was really 50% wanting to see some guy argue with himself.

I think violence is in the world of politics. Acts of violence get things done in the real world. Wars for power have fueled our economy for some time. You know, there is a TV channel in the middle east that plays nonstop terrorist videos of Americans being blown up. Crazy, huh?

5 minutes ago, Paulus said:

No, he probably deserved what he got. I just don't think marginalization is really helping some of the people in the world these days. It is what it is, though. I was really 50% wanting to see some guy argue with himself.

I think violence is in the world of politics. Acts of violence get things done in the real world. Wars for power have fueled our economy for some time. You know, there is a TV channel in the middle east that plays nonstop terrorist videos of Americans being blown up. Crazy, huh?

Even if such a station existed, the answer is not to become the evil we wish to see defeated.

I have zero problems with American forces acting in American self-interests to defeat credible threats to our safety at home or abroad.  But we owe it to ourselves, our servicemen and woman, and those who came before to not become the monsters we are forced to fight.

Period.

19 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Even if such a station existed, the answer is not to become the evil we wish to see defeated.

I have zero problems with American forces acting in American self-interests to defeat credible threats to our safety at home or abroad.  But we owe it to ourselves, our servicemen and woman, and those who came before to not become the monsters we are forced to fight.

Period.

426Ny1J.gif?noredirect

I agree with your virtue signal.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

Did I get this right - they they got hurt by Nerf bullets?  The same ones that hundreds of thousands of kids are pelting themselves on a daily basis?

The picture looks to be a nerf gun, but the article states it was airsoft pellets. Kids shoot each other with those too, but they’re a significant step up from a nerf gun in their ability to do damage as far as bruising and possibly breaking the skin. Maybe it’s because I grew up around firearms and was taught to respect them from a very early age, but my biggest question is why anyone would agree to cower and have any kind of gun pointed at their back in a training exercise. As a kid I shot real guns all the time, but I wasn’t even allowed to have a paintball gun or play paintball because you’re not supposed to point a gun at anything you don’t intend to kill, and paintball reinforces bad habits in that respect that my parents didn’t want transferring to real firearms.

6 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

The picture looks to be a nerf gun, but the article states it was airsoft pellets. Kids shoot each other with those too, but they’re a significant step up from a nerf gun in their ability to do damage as far as bruising and possibly breaking the skin. Maybe it’s because I grew up around firearms and was taught to respect them from a very early age, but my biggest question is why anyone would agree to cower and have any kind of gun pointed at their back in a training exercise. As a kid I shot real guns all the time, but I wasn’t even allowed to have a paintball gun or play paintball because you’re not supposed to point a gun at anything you don’t intend to kill, and paintball reinforces bad habits in that respect that my parents didn’t want transferring to real firearms.

Thx.  Yeah saw that the picture doesn't match the story.   Shocking.

I think the point of the exercise is to show what happens when you cower in an active shooter situation.

Just now, GG said:

Thx.  Yeah saw that the picture doesn't match the story.   Shocking.

I think the point of the exercise is to show what happens when you cower in an active shooter situation.

I understand that was the point, I just wouldn’t comply.

51 minutes ago, GG said:

Did I get this right - they they got hurt by Nerf bullets?  The same ones that hundreds of thousands of kids are pelting themselves on a daily basis?

A student locally was killed years ago at a track meet when the starter jokingly pulled the starter pistol trigger on him and the wadding flew out

I was in a circle of friends twice when someone was shot at close range by the pellet gun we were all wanting to shoot, one lost the use of his right hand permanently.

Edited by row_33