NZ Mosque shooting *GRAPHIC* (50 dead) (1 shooter arrested)

1 hour ago, BigMcD said:

“Here is just gets you ridiculed” and you are questioning my English. Ok. 

Are you seriously defending that? 

Yes here being an idiot gets you ridiculed not banned. I’m sorry that line of thought was so difficult for you to follow. Oh wait.....Canadian. Never mind. 

54 minutes ago, BigMcD said:

Crickets from @Chef Jim 

I’m sorry but this thing called life got in the way. I do not wait with bated breath for your next idiotic post.  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes here being an idiot gets you ridiculed not banned. I’m sorry that line of thought was so difficult for you to follow. Oh wait.....Canadian. Never mind. 

“Here is just gets you ridiculed.” That sounds right to you? Nice try dicklicker!  

More order might be in meetings! 

Edited by BigMcD

35 minutes ago, Hedge said:

What this thread has about devolved into:

Circle.thumb.GIF.87b833d12603594b6a1957e85285e7cc.GIF

Some would say that is what Islam does. I suppose the evidence would be majority Muslim countries and their history.

20 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I’m sorry but this thing called life got in the way. I do not wait with bated breath for your next idiotic post.  ?

Busy giving bad advice?  Maybe have your clients give me a call so they don’t have to go back to work after retirement! ?

Edited by BigMcD
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

What in the world are you talking about?  Please point out where I have attacked white male Catholics. 

Accepted......sort of. 

Yeah, I suppose I went a bit far and should have double checked before saying what I did. This place is where I vent and can be a bit of myself, unfiltered and carefree. I prefer to keep it that way, until I go full The_Dude.

Edited by Paulus

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

He remained on here unbanned and posting for more than half a day after saying he "love(d) killing Haj."

All my original comments about this forum as a whole stand. The_Dude may have been forced out eventually because enough people complained about him. Good for those of you who did... but the mods let him stay for... what...?... 14 hours...?

That's just a bad look for a subforum of a message board on the whole that will ban posters within minutes of doing incredibly trivial things in comparison to what The_Dude said, yet he remained for more than half a day.

You guys don't like me over here. I don't give a crap what some idiot on the Internet thinks of me. It's some of the thoughts as a whole on society, politics, racism, climate, public discourse, etc. from those idiots on the Internet that are troubling.

And especially those sympathizing with the positions of racist terrorists.

I'm the opposite on the whole of what the most vocal on this subforum seem to be. I'm liberal. I'm progressive. Whatever the hell you want to call it. I do disagree with some of the most liberal stances, but it just doesn't matter here.

However, regardless of how much you might dislike me, there's something wrong with the infrastructure here if he was allowed to remain that long after those despicable comments.

Which brings me back to my original point. Is there a mod here watching or not? If there is, I suspect this instance is like the way you boil a frog starting from cold water. Put it in there when it's cold, turn on the heat, gets a little hotter. A little hotter. But still manageable. Still hotter. Hotter still.

Next thing you know you're eating boiled frog.

I mosy in here from time to time and I see plenty that would get banned in a snap on the main board. So much of the dialogue sinks to mean-spirited and violent in tone that doesn't get banned that mods might be numb to that when just overtly WRONG things that are said are viewed as "just another one of those things allowed in PPP." You advertise the allowance of that deteriorated dialogue as a perk. I fail to see how.

I guess you guys just enjoy your boiling water over here.

Symptom of the times, I guess.

How precious. Let me introduce you to a concept we like to call "being an adult." Being an adult means being able to listen to ideas from all over the place, opinion-wise, and determining what's good and what's garbage and responding with derision toward those which are trash. We function just fine down here without the moderation nanny state of the main board, thanks.

So please, if the concept of being an adult doesn't work for you, please keep to the main board.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, /dev/null said:

if anyone in this thread has come across as angry (other than The_Douche) it's you. 

you came to PPP of your own free will but when PPP did not conform to your expectations you criticized the structure and attacked the denizens.

nobody asked you to come here

nobody is forcing you to stay here

nobody is asking you to leave

you are welcome to stay

you are welcome to leave

but understand that your voice is one of many.  just because you don't like what the other voices say or how they say it is irrelevant.

I welcome his critique. You all have more tolerance for a child molester who makes jokes about having sex with underage kids and a racist who celebrates violence against the people he hates than you do for a guy whose sole purpose in criticisizing is to help make this place better. 

You can filter your own friend groups. And you can always seek out the dark side elsewhere. It’s not like it’s been cut off from you. 8chan and Git are right there any time you want to see $&@#heads. 

PPP has been lightly moderated because it was once better. Maybe there’s a limit. Maybe some people found it. 

51 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

How precious. Let me introduce you to a concept we like to call "being an adult." Being an adult means being able to listen to ideas from all over the place, opinion-wise, and determining what's good and what's garbage and responding with derision toward those which are trash. We function just fine down here without the moderation nanny state of the main board, thanks.

So please, if the concept of being an adult doesn't work for you, please keep to the main board.

Yup, a personal rule is If I was able to eat lunch or dinner the “day of” a tragedy then I can’t go around screaming at people 24 hours later.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, DC Tom said:

All in all, between The_Dude's and transplant's virulent hatreds, idiots arguing over whether to blame Chelsea Clinton, Trump, or just whites in general for the shooting in NZ, and the widely held belief that someone deserved or deserves in response the violence of the past few days...I'm just thoroughly disgusted with Americans at this point.  I'm glad I won't be around to see how this ends.

Where are you going?

Just now, meazza said:

Where are you going?

Canada is sad that half of Hollywood hasn’t carried out its blood oath to bring it’s scary talent here after Trump won.

and keeps winning

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Canada is sad that half of Hollywood hasn’t carried out its blood oath to bring it’s scary talent here after Trump won.

and keeps winning

Please take Jim Carrey back, please

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

and keeps winning

Canada is fine. Just don’t want another bib.

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

I welcome his critique. You all have more tolerance for a child molester who makes jokes about having sex with underage kids and a racist who celebrates violence against the people he hates than you do for a guy whose sole purpose in criticisizing is to help make this place better. 

You can filter your own friend groups. And you can always seek out the dark side elsewhere. It’s not like it’s been cut off from you. 8chan and Git are right there any time you want to see $&@#heads. 

PPP has been lightly moderated because it was once better. Maybe there’s a limit. Maybe some people found it. 

Tolerance in what sense? PPP has always been like this, it’s just that the idiots eventually implode in their own rage If idiocy of you give them enough time.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, DC Tom said:

What, you can't even read English now?  You're not just Canadian, you're Quebecios?

It's Quebecois, dumass.   The cois is pronounced like kwah.  Ya gotta lean into that sh-t.

12 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

Please take Jim Carrey back, please

Not a hope, I see he now thinks he is the new Leonardo da Vinci, a true renaissance genius.

He is all yours.... such a scary talent there....

NZ Threatens 10 Years In Prison For 'Possessing' Mosque Shooting Video; Web Hosts Warned, 'Dissenter' Banned

"On Saturday, journalist Nick Monroe reported that New Zealand police have warned citizens that they face imprisonment for distributing the video, while popular New Zealand Facebook group Wellington Live notes that "NZ police would like to remind the public that it is an offence to share an objectional publication which includes the horrific video from yesterday's attack. If you see this video, report it immediately. Do not download it. Do not share it. If you are found to have a copy of the video or to have shared it, you face fines & potential imprisonment."