NZ Mosque shooting *GRAPHIC* (50 dead) (1 shooter arrested)

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Respectfully, free speech does not apply here.

This is an Internet message board with a specified Code of Conduct that seems to be broken constantly here and just ignored because... well... I don't really know why.

There's a way to have a political discussion here that still abides by the CoC of the BUFFALO BILLS MESSAGE BOARD that this is a part of.

Know how I know this is a part of the overarching BILLS MESSAGE BOARD that is Two Bills Drive...? Because there's this racist jerk over here who I've had to put as my one and only Ignore on my list because he keeps trying to Troll me over here, and I see it over on the main board.

So... unless you can direct me to a specific CoC that is wildly different in PPP from the Stadium Wall, the whole idea that free speech is allowed here just isn't true. If you want true and free speech on a political message board, why don't you start one?

But I won't spoil your fun and bring this to the attention of SDS. 

I’ve been on tsw for the last 20 years and this sub forum has always been lightly moderated.  Very few people get banned but there are tons of intolerable posters that simply go on my ignore list.  

We all prefer it this way but i reckon maybe 2 or 3 posters agree or sympathize with someone like the dude while the rest will tell

to ***** off so to paint the sub forum as anything other than a group of people who want to discuss politics is disingenuous.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This is an Internet message board with a specified Code of Conduct that seems to be broken constantly here and just ignored because... well... I don't really know why.

There's a way to have a political discussion here that still abides by the CoC of the BUFFALO BILLS MESSAGE BOARD that this is a part of.

Know how I know this is a part of the overarching BILLS MESSAGE BOARD that is Two Bills Drive...? Because there's this racist jerk over here who I've had to put as my one and only Ignore on my list because he keeps trying to Troll me over here, and I see it over on the main board.

So... unless you can direct me to a specific CoC that is wildly different in PPP from the Stadium Wall, the whole idea that free speech is allowed here just isn't true. If you want true and free speech on a political message board, why don't you start one?

But I won't spoil your fun and bring this to the attention of SDS. 

Start your own message board then, loser. It goes both ways. Quit crying.

26 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It does in terms of the culture and tradition of PPP. PPP has a tradition of veering towards this specifically to keep it from popping up on the main board. 

You may disagree with that philosophy/strategy, but Scott has run it that way with the mods help for a long time. 

• Like (+1) 2

All in all, between The_Dude's and transplant's virulent hatreds, idiots arguing over whether to blame Chelsea Clinton, Trump, or just whites in general for the shooting in NZ, and the widely held belief that someone deserved or deserves in response the violence of the past few days...I'm just thoroughly disgusted with Americans at this point.  I'm glad I won't be around to see how this ends.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Did I strike a nerve? Why are you so angry?

Because you are the worst kind of ivory tower hypocrite.

”free speech doesn’t apply here, it’s a private enterprise” - from the guy who is trying to tell a private enterprise how to run their operation.

If you don’t like PPP or TBD or SDS, kick rocks. No one cares.

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

I had no idea English was a second language to you.  Sorry.....

So you didn’t forget to type “what” in there? 

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Here is just gets you ridiculed. 

You and DC Tammy disappear and both come back within a minute of each other. What were you guys doing? 

22 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It does in terms of the culture and tradition of PPP. PPP has a tradition of veering towards this specifically to keep it from popping up on the main board. 

You may disagree with that philosophy/strategy, but Scott has run it that way with the mods help for a long time. 

That's all fine and good if it stayed separate from the main board except that douchebag trolls from here troll people on the main message board from here, and because of the setup of the board, it seeps over there, too.

That could be partially the result of a lot of the upgrades and changes to this message board over just the last couple years.

Regardless... you want your wanton disregard of the rules and the tradition of mods looking the other way, maybe you guys should occasionally examine what and how some over here actually speak to each other. You might also consider trying to keep the trolls at bay.

6 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Because you are the worst kind of ivory tower hypocrite.

”free speech doesn’t apply here, it’s a private enterprise” - from the guy who is trying to tell a private enterprise how to run their operation.

If you don’t like PPP or TBD or SDS, kick rocks. No one cares.

Whatever you say. Clearly you're very used to being right. I articulated what I wanted to say as I wanted it said.

Carry on.

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Did I strike a nerve? Why are you so angry?

if anyone in this thread has come across as angry (other than The_Douche) it's you. 

you came to PPP of your own free will but when PPP did not conform to your expectations you criticized the structure and attacked the denizens.

nobody asked you to come here

nobody is forcing you to stay here

nobody is asking you to leave

you are welcome to stay

you are welcome to leave

but understand that your voice is one of many.  just because you don't like what the other voices say or how they say it is irrelevant.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Whatever you say. Clearly you're very used to being right. I articulated what I wanted to say as I wanted it said.

Carry on.

Zero substance.  You have nothing.

You come in here and blame the posters here for making hate acceptable.  After being proven wrong on that front with pages of evidence, you turn around and blame SDS and the mods. Then you say a private enterprise isn't beholden to free speech, but SHOULD be beholden to your whims.  Then you turn around and AGAIN blame the posters here:

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

maybe you guys should occasionally examine what and how some over here actually speak to each other. You might also consider trying to keep the trolls at bay.

I mean, are you addicted to being wrong? 

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

He remained on here unbanned and posting for more than half a day after saying he "love(d) killing Haj."

All my original comments about this forum as a whole stand. The_Dude may have been forced out eventually because enough people complained about him. Good for those of you who did... but the mods let him stay for... what...?... 14 hours...?

That's just a bad look for a subforum of a message board on the whole that will ban posters within minutes of doing incredibly trivial things in comparison to what The_Dude said, yet he remained for more than half a day.

You guys don't like me over here. I don't give a crap what some idiot on the Internet thinks of me. It's some of the thoughts as a whole on society, politics, racism, climate, public discourse, etc. from those idiots on the Internet that are troubling.

And especially those sympathizing with the positions of racist terrorists.

I'm the opposite on the whole of what the most vocal on this subforum seem to be. I'm liberal. I'm progressive. Whatever the hell you want to call it. I do disagree with some of the most liberal stances, but it just doesn't matter here.

However, regardless of how much you might dislike me, there's something wrong with the infrastructure here if he was allowed to remain that long after those despicable comments.

Which brings me back to my original point. Is there a mod here watching or not? If there is, I suspect this instance is like the way you boil a frog starting from cold water. Put it in there when it's cold, turn on the heat, gets a little hotter. A little hotter. But still manageable. Still hotter. Hotter still.

Next thing you know you're eating boiled frog.

I mosy in here from time to time and I see plenty that would get banned in a snap on the main board. So much of the dialogue sinks to mean-spirited and violent in tone that doesn't get banned that mods might be numb to that when just overtly WRONG things that are said are viewed as "just another one of those things allowed in PPP." You advertise the allowance of that deteriorated dialogue as a perk. I fail to see how.

I guess you guys just enjoy your boiling water over here.

Symptom of the times, I guess.

Lmao.    Transplant is officially the worst.   

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

that's not fair.  transplant doesn't have the body of work as The_Dude, Tiberius/Gator, westerndecline, thurmal34

True, but he is making great progress in quickly catching up with his particular brand of permanently-offended snowflake dipshittery.

• Haha (+1) 2