NZ Mosque shooting *GRAPHIC* (50 dead) (1 shooter arrested)

9 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

We know BBO is a doctor, but what kind of doctor? You may have just called a witch doctor a liar. HAHA.

We do??  I don't pay that close attention.  All I know is Tibs snorts the spray starch at the laundromat.  

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

I told him it was an 8-ball and sold it to him.

Completely off topic.  I've been attending "meetings" lately and there is a hot chick there who said she was doing a gram of coke a day for a year.  Other than wondering how she slept we wondered how she paid for it.  She said she'd buy grams for $50 or $60 and sell them for $100 and eventually have enough to snort for free. She said she liked to sell to older people because they didn't know.  I told her I get that.  I used to snort boatloads of that stuff but she could likely sell me a half and tell me it's a full.  I'd think "hmmmm kind of small but whatever...."  Been so long I don't know what a gram looks like.  

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

He remained on here unbanned and posting for more than half a day after saying he "love(d) killing Haj."

All my original comments about this forum as a whole stand. The_Dude may have been forced out eventually because enough people complained about him. Good for those of you who did... but the mods let him stay for... what...?... 14 hours...?

That's just a bad look for a subforum of a message board on the whole that will ban posters within minutes of doing incredibly trivial things in comparison to what The_Dude said, yet he remained for more than half a day.

You guys don't like me over here. I don't give a crap what some idiot on the Internet thinks of me. It's some of the thoughts as a whole on society, politics, racism, climate, public discourse, etc. from those idiots on the Internet that are troubling.

And especially those sympathizing with the positions of racist terrorists.

I'm the opposite on the whole of what the most vocal on this subforum seem to be. I'm liberal. I'm progressive. Whatever the hell you want to call it. I do disagree with some of the most liberal stances, but it just doesn't matter here.

However, regardless of how much you might dislike me, there's something wrong with the infrastructure here if he was allowed to remain that long after those despicable comments.

Which brings me back to my original point. Is there a mod here watching or not? If there is, I suspect this instance is like the way you boil a frog starting from cold water. Put it in there when it's cold, turn on the heat, gets a little hotter. A little hotter. But still manageable. Still hotter. Hotter still.

Next thing you know you're eating boiled frog.

I mosy in here from time to time and I see plenty that would get banned in a snap on the main board. So much of the dialogue sinks to mean-spirited and violent in tone that doesn't get banned that mods might be numb to that when just overtly WRONG things that are said are viewed as "just another one of those things allowed in PPP." You advertise the allowance of that deteriorated dialogue as a perk. I fail to see how.

I guess you guys just enjoy your boiling water over here.

Symptom of the times, I guess.

No, there is not a mod watching.  This board is lightly moderated.  

Don't like it?  Start your own board, dipshit.  You can invite all the well-spoken African-American you like, too.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So much of the dialogue sinks to mean-spirited and violent in tone that doesn't get banned that mods might be numb to that when just overtly WRONG things that are said are viewed as "just another one of those things allowed in PPP." You advertise the allowance of that deteriorated dialogue as a perk. I fail to see how.

Respectfully, it's not a perk. It's the cost of free speech. 

Silencing speech, or thought - even vile and shameful speech and thought - does more damage than it does good. Allowing it exposes poorly reasoned and dangerous ideas for what they are. Pretending they don't exist, or silencing them for your own comfort is the opposite of freedom. It's fascism under the guise of "protection" of feelings, but it's fascism all the same. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Meh....

seems to have strayed off topic here with the focus on Dude’s rants. 

fwiw, I’m opposed to his banishment. His suggestions, though insensitive and harsh, were somewhat pragmatic and outside the box. 

I don’t advocate violence or genocide but Dude is speaking his personal truth; it sounds like he has a lot of ‘hands on experience’ with the Hajis...and as most of us are civilians, we should respect that. 

Its about as doubtful that America boots out all Muslims as it is likely churches will be built in KSA or Maldives or Somalia. 

NZ shooter was a psycho and he needs to pay the ultimate price. 

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Respectfully, it's not a perk. It's the cost of free speech. 

Silencing speech, or thought - even vile and shameful speech and thought - does more damage than it does good. Allowing it exposes poorly reasoned and dangerous ideas for what they are. Pretending they don't exist, or silencing them for your own comfort is the opposite of freedom. It's fascism under the guise of "protection" of feelings, but it's fascism all the same. 

Respectfully, free speech does not apply here.

This is an Internet message board with a specified Code of Conduct that seems to be broken constantly here and just ignored because... well... I don't really know why.

There's a way to have a political discussion here that still abides by the CoC of the BUFFALO BILLS MESSAGE BOARD that this is a part of.

Know how I know this is a part of the overarching BILLS MESSAGE BOARD that is Two Bills Drive...? Because there's this racist jerk over here who I've had to put as my one and only Ignore on my list because he keeps trying to Troll me over here, and I see it over on the main board.

So... unless you can direct me to a specific CoC that is wildly different in PPP from the Stadium Wall, the whole idea that free speech is allowed here just isn't true. If you want true and free speech on a political message board, why don't you start one?

But I won't spoil your fun and bring this to the attention of SDS. 

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Bakin said:

NZ shooter was a psycho and he needs to pay the ultimate price. 

Unfortunately New Zealand does not impose the "ultimate price"

Perhaps the events in NZ will make Gavin Newsome reconsider his personal moratorium on performing a part of the job he was elected to do