NZ Mosque shooting *GRAPHIC* (50 dead) (1 shooter arrested)

13 minutes ago, Paulus said:

That's the thing. You're unaware that attacking white, male Catholics is bigoted. No surprise, the echo chamber many of you live in is designed to keep you self-righteous in your ignorance. It is pathetic really. Have you ever really pitied something other than yourself?

Last time he was.

You might want to get to learn a little bit about the posters here before shooting your mouth off. If you did you might have realized that what you are attributing to Chef just doesn't make any sense.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

You might want to get to learn a little bit about the posters here before shooting your mouth off. If you did you might have realized that what you are attributing to Chef just doesn't make any sense.

My bad, it was 34. Sorry, @Chef Jim

3 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Maybe so, but our weekly Meatless Monday Potluck is to die for. Chef Jim brings a quinoa kale vichyssoise that's out of this world.

Bring a side dish next week and join the fun!!

Wait....Meatless Monday??  I thought you said Meathhead Monday.  It was just a coincidence I brought a vegetarian dish.  I mean think about it  Meathead Monday makes so much sense here. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Wait....Meatless Monday??  I thought you said Meathhead Monday.  It was just a coincidence I brought a vegetarian dish.  I mean think about it  Meathead Monday makes so much sense here. 

Sorry, HAHA Gator can't make it on Mondays. Too many towels to fold after the weekend.

3 hours ago, bilzfancy said:

This is why I posted that I kinda understood where he was coming from

And sorry I misunderstood your post.  I, for some reason, thought it meant to mean you, at least partially, agreed with him. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Here you go:

The Dude has ridden the line of being a disgusting person with disgusting beliefs for months.  Half of the regulars here have him on ignore, and the other half tell him how much of a piece of crap he is in just about every thread he's posted in.

He's a pretty damn long time poster here, though and he had to know the norms. And if discussion remotely similar to what he was advocating--sympathizing with a White Nationalist murderer, which he was. Advocating the exile of all Muslims from our Country, which he was. Saying that there are too many Muuslims out there in the world to try to kill them all, which is really why the exile option is the best, which he did--is viewed as acceptable here

Which makes this blurb ENTIRELY wrong. He knew the norms and disregarded them to spew his hate.  His hate was never deemed acceptable by anyone who spent 5 seconds reading before spouting off how much better they are than the people who post here.  All it does it make you look like an ignorant, moral grandstanding fool who is more concerned with preaching about how superior he is than actively counteracting hate.  

He remained on here unbanned and posting for more than half a day after saying he "love(d) killing Haj."

All my original comments about this forum as a whole stand. The_Dude may have been forced out eventually because enough people complained about him. Good for those of you who did... but the mods let him stay for... what...?... 14 hours...?

That's just a bad look for a subforum of a message board on the whole that will ban posters within minutes of doing incredibly trivial things in comparison to what The_Dude said, yet he remained for more than half a day.

You guys don't like me over here. I don't give a crap what some idiot on the Internet thinks of me. It's some of the thoughts as a whole on society, politics, racism, climate, public discourse, etc. from those idiots on the Internet that are troubling.

And especially those sympathizing with the positions of racist terrorists.

I'm the opposite on the whole of what the most vocal on this subforum seem to be. I'm liberal. I'm progressive. Whatever the hell you want to call it. I do disagree with some of the most liberal stances, but it just doesn't matter here.

However, regardless of how much you might dislike me, there's something wrong with the infrastructure here if he was allowed to remain that long after those despicable comments.

Which brings me back to my original point. Is there a mod here watching or not? If there is, I suspect this instance is like the way you boil a frog starting from cold water. Put it in there when it's cold, turn on the heat, gets a little hotter. A little hotter. But still manageable. Still hotter. Hotter still.

Next thing you know you're eating boiled frog.

I mosy in here from time to time and I see plenty that would get banned in a snap on the main board. So much of the dialogue sinks to mean-spirited and violent in tone that doesn't get banned that mods might be numb to that when just overtly WRONG things that are said are viewed as "just another one of those things allowed in PPP." You advertise the allowance of that deteriorated dialogue as a perk. I fail to see how.

I guess you guys just enjoy your boiling water over here.

Symptom of the times, I guess.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

1 hour ago, Paulus said:

That's the thing. You're unaware that attacking white, male Catholics is bigoted. No surprise, the echo chamber many of you live in is designed to keep you self-righteous in your ignorance. It is pathetic really. Have you ever really pitied something other than yourself?

What in the world are you talking about?  Please point out where I have attacked white male Catholics. 

50 minutes ago, Paulus said:

My bad, it was 34. Sorry, @Chef Jim

Accepted......sort of. 

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

What in the world are you talking about?  Please point out where I have attacked white male Catholics. 

Accepted......sort of. 

Sure, but he confused you with 34 and you are accepting his apology? Weakshit.

21 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

He remained on here unbanned and posting for more than half a day after saying he "love(d) killing Haj."

All my original comments about this forum as a whole stand. The_Dude may have been forced out eventually because enough people complained about him. Good for those of you who did... but the mods let him stay for... what...?... 14 hours...?

That's just a bad look for a subforum of a message board on the whole that will ban posters within minutes of doing incredibly trivial things in comparison to what The_Dude said, yet he remained for more than half a day.

You guys don't like me over here. I don't give a crap what some idiot on the Internet thinks of me. It's some of the thoughts as a whole on society, politics, racism, climate, public discourse, etc. from those idiots on the Internet that are troubling.

I'm the opposite on the whole of what the most vocal on this subforum seem to be. I'm liberal. I'm progressive. Whatever the hell you want to call it. I do disagree with some of the most liberal stances, but it just doesn't matter here.

However, regardless of how much you might dislike me, there's something wrong with the infrastructure here if he was allowed to remain that long after those despicable comments.

Which brings me back to my original point. Is there a mod here watching or not? If there is, I suspect this instance is like the way you boil a frog starting from cold water. Put it in there when it's cold, turn on the heat, gets a little hotter. A little hotter. But still manageable. Still hotter. Hotter still.

I mosy in here from time to time and I see plenty that would get banned in a snap on the main board. So much of the dialogue sinks to mean-spirited and violent in tone that doesn't get banned that mods might be numb to that when just overtly WRONG things that are said are viewed as "just another one of those things allowed in PPP." You advertise the allowance of that deteriorated dialogue as a perk. I fail to see how.

If it's such an issue to you, address it in the customer service forum.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Why are you still here then?  One thing we have down here is that we may despise idiots, bigots and trolls but there is one thing we despise more than all of that.  And that is censorship.  We understand it's a diverse world out there with all sorts of opinions and some of them are very ugly. But it's our "ugly".  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Bravo.

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Why are you still here then?  One thing we have down here is that we may despise idiots, bigots and trolls but there is one thing we despise more than all of that.  And that is censorship.  We understand it's a diverse world out there with all sorts of opinions and some of them are very ugly. But it's our "ugly".  

No. It’s “your” ugly. And ultimately the mods. 

Not mine. 

Well done mods. The Dude can play elsewhere. 

4 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

No. It’s “your” ugly. And ultimately the mods. 

Not mine. 

Well done mods. The Dude can play elsewhere. 

My "we" did not include the mods.  Yes they have ultimate control but that doesn't mean we agree with what they say. 

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I mean, why don't you reach out to SDS instead of grandstanding here?

What do you want an average poster to do, besides condemn and ignore?  Should I also post about how good of a person I am?

Edited by BringBackOrton