NZ Mosque shooting *GRAPHIC* (50 dead) (1 shooter arrested)

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I argued that a while ago - better to keep crazy in the open where you can see it, rather than consign it to the shadows and pretend it doesn't exist.  

But - again, just in my view - there's at the very least liability issues associated with having someone post, among other calls to violence, "I like killing Haj" in a thread about mass shootings a mosques that supersedes any standard of "free speech" on a private message board.  I don't think reporting him to the authorities would be out of line.

all points agreed. 

i can't say for sure because i have no experience but i'm guessing war has traumatized the young lad. the wars of today are not the same wars our fathers fought, there are no rules anymore. i can't imagine the hell he lived through. i guess when you have limited means, you fight the fight that gives you the best chance of winning.

i'm not real big on the US hegemony though, i have never believed we should be the worlds policeman. and it's not so much that we have been the world's policeman, more that we have been working on behalf of the petrodollar. that however is a different argument altogether.

Edited by Foxx

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

all points agreed. 

i can't say for sure because i have no experience but i'm guessing war has traumatized the young lad. the wars of today are not the same wars our fathers fought, there are no rules anymore. i can't imagine the hell he lived through. i guess when you have limited means, you fight the fight that gives you the best chance of winning.

i not real big on the US hegemony, i have never believed we should be the worlds policeman. and it's not so much that we have been the world's policeman, more that we have been working on behalf of the petrodollar. that however is a different argument altogether.

This is why I posted that I kinda understood where he was coming from

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

This is why I posted that I kinda understood where he was coming from

you weren't a problem.... sometimes it's good to try to talk someone off a ledge if possible

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

I argued that a while ago - better to keep crazy in the open where you can see it, rather than consign it to the shadows and pretend it doesn't exist.  

But - again, just in my view - there's at the very least liability issues associated with having someone post, among other calls to violence, "I like killing Haj" in a thread about mass shootings a mosques that supersedes any standard of "free speech" on a private message board.  I don't think reporting him to the authorities would be out of line.

"I wipe my own ass," is not a call for you to start doing so, shmuck.

Edited by Paulus

The_Dude had some serious points that should be discussed, but he didn't allow for that discussion because he surrounded the serious points with either a legitimate hate for "Haj" or he was pulling our collective legs with fake hate. The real question to answer is if the western world can coexist peacefully with fundamentalist Islam?

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The_Dude had some serious points that should be discussed, but he didn't allow for that discussion because he surrounded the serious points with either a legitimate hate for "Haj" or he was pulling our collective legs with fake hate. The real question to answer is if the western world can coexist peacefully with fundamentalist Islam?

The_Dude's lack of ignorance is why folks here are clammoring. 

"There is no other reality but what I have been shown..." classic

TheCave.jpg

Edited by Paulus

32 minutes ago, Paulus said:

"I wipe my own ass," is not a call for you to start doing so, shmuck.

What?  Are you high?  Tell me you're high.

He had a pattern of violent threats, including but not limited to threatening to shoot other posters.  But keep pretending he was banned for just four words.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

What?  Are you high?  Tell me you're high.

He had a pattern of violent threats, including but not limited to threatening to shoot other posters.  But keep pretending he was banned for just four words.

I responded to your statement about him stating he "liked killing haj." If he threatened to shoot someone, that is something different (I admit). However, you're acting as if a reader knows the entire post history of a poster. You have poor awareness if you think readers know should automatically know what you're referencing, especially when you quote something so easily distinguished to support your claims. 

Perhaps, it is me, though. I didn't even know he was banned. 

52 minutes ago, row_33 said:

one of the worst adopted cliches on earth

i guess a "Socratic classroom method" has been more abused ten-million-fold.

It is one people recognize. Again, I think a lot of you have lived incredibly sheltered lives, basically living in a vacuum. As a vet, I know a lot of people 100x "worse" than the_dude. I suppose, some of yall just need a bit-o-diversity. Or, idk, maybe diversity is scary. There is a reason why you're iron class, and the_dude is silver.

Edited by Paulus

11 minutes ago, Paulus said:

I responded to your statement about him stating he "liked killing haj." If he threatened to shoot someone, that is something different (I admit). However, you're acting as if a reader knows the entire post history of a poster. You have poor awareness if you think readers know should automatically know what you're referencing, especially when you quote something so easily distinguished to support your claims. 

It is one people recognize. Again, I think a lot of you have lived incredibly sheltered lives, basically living in a vacuum. As a vet, I know a lot of people 100x "worse" than the_dude. I suppose, some of yall just need a bit-o-diversity. Or, idk, maybe diversity is scary. There is a reason why you're iron class, and the_dude is silver.

:lol:

Thanks for that.  I'd forgotten how much of an idiot you really are.

16 minutes ago, Paulus said:

There is no defending what he posted yesterday

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

There is no defending what he posted yesterday

Cite to the exact thing he said, please. I admit, I did not read everything that poster said. I really want to know.

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

:lol:

Thanks for that.  I'd forgotten how much of an idiot you really are.

tenor.gif?itemid=5050537

Says the guy who has not been outdoors in, how long has it been?

1 hour ago, Paulus said:

Cite to the exact thing he said, please. I admit, I did not read everything that poster said. I really want to know.

tenor.gif?itemid=5050537

Says the guy who has not been outdoors in, how long has it been?

But you are posting evidence of him being outside? 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Still waiting for an explanation.  

That's the thing. You're unaware that attacking white, male Catholics is bigoted. No surprise, the echo chamber many of you live in is designed to keep you self-righteous in your ignorance. It is pathetic really. Have you ever really pitied something other than yourself?

Just now, BigMcD said:

But you are posting evidence of him being outside? 

Last time he was.

1 minute ago, BeginnersMind said:

Boyst is gone. Now The Dude. 

This place is getting better all the time. Don’t cry for them. I’m not crying for them. They can both find forums for their hobbies. 

Boyst is gone?