NZ Mosque shooting *GRAPHIC* (50 dead) (1 shooter arrested)

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Point out what was wrong.

Please do.

Here you go:

The Dude has ridden the line of being a disgusting person with disgusting beliefs for months.  Half of the regulars here have him on ignore, and the other half tell him how much of a piece of crap he is in just about every thread he's posted in.

He's a pretty damn long time poster here, though and he had to know the norms. And if discussion remotely similar to what he was advocating--sympathizing with a White Nationalist murderer, which he was. Advocating the exile of all Muslims from our Country, which he was. Saying that there are too many Muuslims out there in the world to try to kill them all, which is really why the exile option is the best, which he did--is viewed as acceptable here

Which makes this blurb ENTIRELY wrong. He knew the norms and disregarded them to spew his hate.  His hate was never deemed acceptable by anyone who spent 5 seconds reading before spouting off how much better they are than the people who post here.  All it does it make you look like an ignorant, moral grandstanding fool who is more concerned with preaching about how superior he is than actively counteracting hate.  

Edited by BringBackOrton

10 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Here you go:

The Dude has ridden the line of being a disgusting person with disgusting beliefs for months.  Half of the regulars here have him on ignore, and the other half tell him how much of a piece of crap he is in just about every thread he's posted in.

Which makes this blurb ENTIRELY wrong. He knew the norms and disregarded them to spew his hate.  His hate was never deemed acceptable by anyone who spent 5 seconds reading before spouting off how much better they are than the people who post here.  All it does it make you look like an ignorant, moral grandstanding fool who is more concerned with preaching about how superior he is than actively counteracting hate.  

so because one person did this and was heavily chided and apparently warned and banned, we ALL are guilty of his worse comments...

wow....

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Just about everything. I will not discuss or argue with you because you're posting stuff that is slanted or flat out wrong, so I have determined that you aren't worth my time.

Whatever. There wasn't a single wrong thing about what I said in there.

Everything I said The_Dude, a long time poster in this forum, said or was advocating was exactly what he said or advocated.

Sounds like he was banned.

I'm glad.

He seemed to feel comfortable enough expressing those thoughts in this environment.

Time for a salt-water-cleansing.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

He has certain points but he doesn't know how to articulate them and was unwilling to cease with the shock comments. No one was going to discuss his legitimate points when he was simultaneously talkingbadshit.

Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not supporting him (even with his occasional valid point).  His racism and misogyny make me skip 99% of his posts. 

I truly think he has problems and needs psychiatric help. 

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Here you go:

Where the hell did you get that quote attributed to me?

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Here you go:

See above

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Whatever. There wasn't a single wrong thing about what I said in there.

Everything I said The_Dude, a long time poster in this forum, said or was advocating was exactly what he said or advocated.

Sounds like he was banned.

I'm glad.

He seemed to feel comfortable enough expressing those thoughts in this environment.

Time for a salt-water-cleansing.

Jesus Christ.

Image result for ivory tower

Don't let reality hit you up there.

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Where the hell did you get that quote attributed to me?

I highlighted the quoted section in your post. I will fix.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

No.

18 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I hope some dumb ***** on here doesn't call you racist because you brought this up.

I wouldn't be able to read his posts if he did, anyway.

2 of my close friends would be "forced out of home and property" if the Dude got his way and and all Muslims were exiled from the US.

For the other responses to what I said, if the Dude has been banned (didn't look like he has been, but maybe he was), then I'm a little less disgusted with this place.

He's a pretty damn long time poster here, though and he had to know the norms. And if discussion remotely similar to what he was advocating--sympathizing with a White Nationalist murderer, which he was. Advocating the exile of all Muslims from our Country, which he was. Saying that there are too many Muuslims out there in the world to try to kill them all, which is really why the exile option is the best, which he did--is viewed as acceptable here, then it's a good thing I only poke my head in here once in awhile, because every time I decide to do it, I still feel a bit dirty hours after I leave.

This was the post where he claimed that everything I posted was wrong.

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

really???

i don't want censorship, i can understand this move though....

He's basically threatened violence on multiple occasions, to individuals and groups.

We should credit SDS for allowing as much freedom of expression here as he does - he disagrees with most of what's said on the board here, but he still allows people to be racist, sexist, or any other kind of -ist you want.  But - as near as I can figure out, not at all speaking for him - he draws a line at openly issuing threats to kill people.  

Important to remember that the last person banned for PPP posts, that I can recall, was for posting pictures of lynched blacks.  So it's not an inconsistent line.  And "I love killing Haj" was right over that same line.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

He's basically threatened violence on multiple occasions, to individuals and groups.

We should credit SDS for allowing as much freedom of expression here as he does - he disagrees with most of what's said on the board here, but he still allows people to be racist, sexist, or any other kind of -ist you want.  But - as near as I can figure out, not at all speaking for him - he draws a line at openly issuing threats to kill people.  

Important to remember that the last person banned for PPP posts, that I can recall, was for posting pictures of lynched blacks.  So it's not an inconsistent line.  And "I love killing Haj" was right over that same line.

You know what SDS doesn't allow though is for me to call HAHA Gator a ######, so I have to call him "gatored".

Edited by 3rdnlng

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I wish I was as smart as you. 

not smart, just had to use my time judiciously and this kind of thing really bothers me so it was low on my list of priorities. 

if true @The_Dude has been banned, that sucks but I guess a line has to be drawn somewhere. though i rarely agreed with his musings, it is good to have crazy within ones sights, just so as you can get a glimpse into the madness.

• Like (+1) 6

43 minutes ago, Justice said:

When did you get married and how did that happen? Lol 

I’m happy for you? Lol.

Btw. That’s not a poke at your marriage just in marriage in general lol 

Lol  thanks

in front of a notary.

19 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

[noted]

:(

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

not smart, just had to use my time judiciously and this kind of thing really bothers me so it was low on my list of priorities. 

if true @The_Dude has been banned, that sucks but I guess a line has to be drawn somewhere. though i rarely agreed with his musings, it is good to have crazy within ones sights, just so as you can get a glimpse into the madness.

I argued that a while ago - better to keep crazy in the open where you can see it, rather than consign it to the shadows and pretend it doesn't exist.  

But - again, just in my view - there's at the very least liability issues associated with having someone post, among other calls to violence, "I like killing Haj" in a thread about mass shootings a mosques that supersedes any standard of "free speech" on a private message board.  I don't think reporting him to the authorities would be out of line.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Against my better judgement, I wanted to come over to PPP and see how folks were reacting to this disgusting, racist, white nationalist terrorist attack and what I discover very quickly is that there's no way that you can get banned over here for anything at all that you say.

I'm just so disgusted that anyone could overtly sympathize with the perpetrators of this horrifying mass murder and then go on to advocate outlawing the Muslim religion and boast "I love killing Haj" at all.

What's worse is that it's apparently okay over here in PPP?

Utterly disgusting.

What a ***** backwards forum where words like ***** and ***** are censored but advocating the genocide of an entire religion is not.

***** gross.

Maybe so, but our weekly Meatless Monday Potluck is to die for. Chef Jim brings a quinoa kale vichyssoise that's out of this world.

Bring a side dish next week and join the fun!!

• Haha (+1) 1