Time to think About Suh?

He signed 1 year deal for $14M last year and played well.   If we can't get A top end edge rusher in FA or via a trade, Would it be a good idea to sign Suh to a 2 year deal and Draft a edge rusher like Sweet?  We can easily give Suh 2 years $22M. He is a serious player and I think would actually fit in Well here

Edited by Franchiseneedsme
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, #34fan said:

:unsure: Worried he'll step on Josh's throat in practice.

More like Brady's and Darnold's throats

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Suh and Hughes on the same team?

Refs are gonna need more flags.

Was he really flagged a lot? I think he has cleaned that up in recent years

Edited by Franchiseneedsme

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

***** no 

Any particular reason why? The guy is good, no denying that. And it looks like he could be a bargain because I'm not hearing teams looking at him for some realson

What if we signed Suh and then traded our 1st next year for Clowny. That would make our defences Elite.

2 minutes ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

Any particular reason why? The guy is good, no denying that. And it looks like he could be a bargain because I'm not hearing teams looking at him for some realson

He's overrated and over paid.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

He was a beast in the playoffs but coasted in the regular season, and he's looking to get paid above anything else. He won't be fully motivated or fit our team well whatsoever. Star, Phillips, and Phillips are enough at the moment, and our DL will more than likely improve via the draft. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

What if we signed Suh and then traded our 1st next year for Clowny. That would make our defences Elite.

I don’t want to understate this....

He’s a human piece of *****.  I don’t want that turdburger with his clown shoes on this team.    He’s dirty AF

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

He signed 1 year deal for $14M last year and played well.   If we can't get A top end edge rusher in FA or via a trade, Would it be a good idea to sign Suh to a 2 year deal and Draft a edge rusher like Sweet?  We can easily give Suh 2 years $22M. He is a serious player and I think would actually fit in Well here

You are going to get flack for this I am sure, but its honestly not a bad idea, its just not very likely. 

I don't actually think Beane sees DT as a need right now.  People are grossly over looking both Jordan and Phillips.  Jordan is better than people think because they forget he joined the team mid season and we already had Kyle and Star as starters.  He is also on a 1 year prove it deal and will be hungry to prove he is a starter.  Phillips is also a guy they drafted to be a potential Kyle replacement and who they seem to like a lot who didn't see the field a lot with guys like Kyle, Star, and then Jordan.  

So, I actually do not think they will sign another DT like a Suh for instance nor do I really think they will draft one.  A guy like Oliver is hard to pass up, but honestly, Bills haven't been looking at any DT's in FA or trade, but have been looking around for pass rushers.  So I think come draft time we are going to draft an EDGE rusher (if we dont sign one in FA still or trade for one) or a TE...possibly Metcalf (although I think with Cole and Brown, they will wait until 2nd or 3rd round to grab a WR).

They don't really know what they have in Jordan and Phillips, so I think they are going to let those guys battle out for the starter job and see how they do this year and then if neither cease control they will look at DT in next years draft or free agency.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

You really think he's not worth what we pay Star?  And how do you know he's over payed? He hasn't signed yet. What if he was only like $8-9M a year. 

Teams are figuring out that he isn't a difference maker any more. He's not worth the baggage and I do think he is a crappy person that would not be good for the locker room. So no, I would not really want him at any price.

• Like (+1) 1