BillyWhiteShows

Ron Darby Man Without A Team (edit: re-upped with Philly)

I actually thought Darby was doing well in this defense. Dude is talented. I wouldn't mind another stint back here. I think Darby was a casualty to get picks...more so then someone we had to get rid of cause he wasn't buying in. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, HansLanda said:

The dollars go down as each hour passes. He can play though, no doubt. I wonder if he really is scheme-specific (?) There must be something to that. 

Cornerbacks are all scheme specific- i can not think of any cb that were good in both zone and man to man schemes. One is more about being in right place and one is all about athleticism. 

12 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

No he’s not.  That’s a message board myth

I like the term "message board myth." That should be copyrighted.

18 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

It looks like our former CB Ron Darby has not been signed yet.  Profootballtalk ranked him the top free agent still available unsigned along with Suh.

I don’t think Darby is as good as some Bills fans want to give him credit for, but he’s definitely good enough to start and you would think his demand would be higher.  I’m wondering if teams are low-balling him and he’s holding out for a bigger deal but it seems like the longer you’re available the lower the deal becomes.

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/ndamukong-suh-ronald-darby-are-top-remaining-nfl-free-agents

He’ll be somewhere on a roster, starting week 1

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Go there and feed them.

We do when we buy most electronics.

Probably a good deal for both sides. He needs to build his value and the Eagles are a much watched team right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

Seems a little fragile to me. Some teams never learn.

signed a one year deal with the Eagles. $8.5 million.

from nfl.com

'His one-year contract could eventually turn into a prove-it deal and Darby has the opportunity to set himself up for a bigger payday in 2020 if he proves he's healthy. Durability issues have plagued Darby over the past two seasons, as he suffered the torn ACL in 2018 and deal with a dislocated ankle in 2017.'

• Like (+1) 1