Ron Darby Man Without A Team (edit: re-upped with Philly)

It looks like our former CB Ron Darby has not been signed yet.  Profootballtalk ranked him the top free agent still available unsigned along with Suh.

I don’t think Darby is as good as some Bills fans want to give him credit for, but he’s definitely good enough to start and you would think his demand would be higher.  I’m wondering if teams are low-balling him and he’s holding out for a bigger deal but it seems like the longer you’re available the lower the deal becomes.

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/ndamukong-suh-ronald-darby-are-top-remaining-nfl-free-agents

59 minutes ago, Chill said:

Problem with Darby is he is one dimensional. 

Thats why we traded him. He didn’t fit. Plus he’s  not very good. 

He's not one dimensional.  Schwartz plays both zone and man to man.  

He is a very good corner.  I was on board with trading him because I thought his play declined significantly after his rookie year.  Turns out it was probably mostly Rex Ryan's fault.  

Bills could have had Gilmore, Darby and some guy named Mahommes...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He is a very good corner.  I was on board with trading him because I thought his play declined significantly after his rookie year.  Turns out it was probably mostly Rex Ryan's fault.  

He was traded (in the middle of his rookie contract) because he couldn’t play zone. It wasn’t Rex’ fault. It was Darby’s, he is not good. Our staff thought EJ was better, plus we wasted that trade on Matthews. 

We were desperate to unload him, which indicates how bad he really is was. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I don’t think he’s very good.  He didn’t get an offer from the Eagles and is in that second tier of free agents.  Is he a starter?  Absolutely I would say he’s in the top 64 at the position, but some of the criticisms on Darby are legit  

13 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

I don’t think he’s very good.  He didn’t get an offer from the Eagles and is in that second tier of free agents.  Is he a starter?  Absolutely I would say he’s in the top 64 at the position, but some of the criticisms on Darby are legit  

well to be fair the eagles have barely any cap space..and they have wentz huge contract coming up

4 hours ago, Nanker said:

So sad. So sad. I think I need another drink.

I was looking for a reason to make another one.

This’ll do..

Cheers!?

2 hours ago, Chill said:

Problem with Darby is he is one dimensional. 

Thats why we traded him. He didn’t fit. Plus he’s  not very good. 

The dude’s gotta ring. Of the Haves/Have Not’s, he’s a Have.