Why are the Browns the sexy pick?

2 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

There’s a separate forum for non Bills news

Whatever you say Captn.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Superstars.  They have 3-4 potential. We have 1 potential and another that’s considered old

Superstars don't win titles, teams do (unless, perhaps, you're the Golden State Warriors).

Edited by Formerly Allan in MD

36 minutes ago, Chill said:

The Browns are last years Vikings... they’ll never be good, regardless of talent. 

The way they are adding players, reminds me more of the rams last year(not the vikings).. and it turned out pretty good for the rams. I'm not saying browns will get to the superbowl(but their offseason is more comparable to rams than Vikings last year). And to be honest, I hope they are good, along with our Bills. It would be nice to see different teams atop the AFC, no true football fan wants to see same team(s) dominate year after year(except fans of the dominating team, hopefully our bills for years to come?)

Edited by Bills4life1924

1 hour ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

On paper they're definitely one of the best, especially with what's going on in Pittsburgh and Baltimore. 

IMO they're the favorites to win their division this year. With the additions of Kareem Hunt, OBJ, paired with Njoku, Mayfield, Chubb, and Landry, this could be a very potent offense. On defense they picked up Olivier Vernon to go along with Myles, this team is trending in the right direction. 

They were a very solid defensive football team last year and with the addition of Vernon, that makes them that much more dangerous. Dorsey has this team going in the right direction.

Not hard- middle of the pack and added huge talent. Many of the teams above them appear to stand pat or maybe back slide.

to project them as jumping from 8th in the AFC to 3-4 isn’t even that aggressive. Will they have chemistry and will their QB step up is fair to question but on paper it all makes sense.

we were a little behind and probably added a little less so we won’t get the hype but maybe it’s our qb that balls out and we end up with magic chemistry. On paper, only middle of the pack currently though.

3 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

There’s a separate forum for non Bills news

You should go there (this separate forum of which you speak), watch from afar, and figure out how this board works before you make unnecessarily obnoxious comments that make zero sense.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I said in another thread it’s gonna be rough on them. 

Media is going to eat some of those kids alive. 

It has the potential to get really ugly really fast. Of course they can find success, but they have more pressure on them than any other team in the league. 

Which may not be good for so many young players and a new coach. 

OBJ will have every target analyzed. Which puts mayfield under a 24/7 microscope. 

Then the hunt drama when he’s reinstated. 

The coach is going to take a beating if they don’t win a lot of games with this “loaded” roster and fans will be calling for his head first year if they don’t make the playoffs after all these moves. 

It’s a lot to deal with for a very young team. 

I don’t disagree with the moves they’ve made their team looks good. It’s the outside world I would be very scared of if I’m a Cleveland fan 

Some valid points except the bolded. 

If I'm a Cleveland fan - and I'm not -  I am stoked to have Mayfield, OBJ, Hunt, Jarvis and Jack as the core of my team and 'very scared' would not be part of my mentality in any way, shape or form. 

• Like (+1) 1

Don't sleep on the Indianapolis Colts.

After week 6 when Luck started to play like himself again they went 9-1 over the last 10 games.  They then went on the road and won a playoff game in Houston and then lost in Arrowhead to the Chiefs.   They have one of the best QBs in the game and a fantastic O-line to protect him, a good coach,  a solid defense.  They have lots of cap space to make moves and extend their own quality players.  They are for real.

I think the Colts will be in the AFC championship game this year.  

20 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Some valid points except the bolded. 

If I'm a Cleveland fan - and I'm not -  I am stoked to have Mayfield, OBJ, Hunt, Jarvis and Jack as the core of my team and 'very scared' would not be part of my mentality in any way, shape or form. 

They have been in quarterback purgatory longer than buffalo, that’s why I would be scared. 

Bakers second year, the expectations set through the roof,superstars all around and media up your butt 24 hours a day... He looked good last year but he has a lot of developing to do and that’s what would worry me. As with us you can load up the team all you want but if your quarterback regresses or has a mental breakdown from the pressure some guys can never recover from that. 

Very few quarterbacks I can think of in their second season so many people are talking Super Bowl and hyping the team so much. Rams I don’t think even got this much hype. 

It’s going to be a lot of pressure. 

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Indy?

NYJ?

3 hours ago, ricko1112 said:

You know how this works... Bills just being the Bills... Browns just being the Browns...

NE didn't have the most talented roster this year, but they had the best coaches, smartest players, and bought into the "team first" mentality. 

Does anyone think AB, Le'veon, OBJ, etc even give two poops about winning?  Not a chance in Hell! 

It's the fans that care about winning. Most players care about getting paid. If I can play for the Pats and make $4M and win 3 SBs or play for someone else and make $50M, what am I going to do?

Uh.  Probably play for the Pats?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

They have been in quarterback purgatory longer than buffalo, that’s why I would be scared. 

Bakers second year, the expectations set through the roof,superstars all around and media up your butt 24 hours a day... He looked good last year but he has a lot of developing to do and that’s what would worry me. As with us you can load up the team all you want but if your quarterback regresses or has a mental breakdown from the pressure some guys can never recover from that. 

Very few quarterbacks I can think of in their second season so many people are talking Super Bowl and hyping the team so much. Rams I don’t think even got this much hype. 

It’s going to be a lot of pressure. 

Again, if I'm a Browns fan  - and I'm not - I am loving my teams chance for a turn-around. There is no reason whatsoever to be "scared". Are things going to get worse than they've been?  What the F is there to be scared of? Media expectations? Yawn.

BTW, I hope they implode. Can't stand OBJ or Jarvis Landry. Baker seems like a d-bag too. 

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

Again, if I'm a Browns fan  - and I'm not - I am loving my teams chance for a turn-around. There is no reason whatsoever to be "scared". Are things going to get worse than they've been?  What the F is there to be scared of? Media expectations? Yawn.

BTW, I hope they implode. Can't stand OBJ or Jarvis Landry. Baker seems like a d-bag too. 

I fully expect them to underachieve. Just seems to be too many egos to manage. At some point they’ll hate each other I don’t care if Beckham and Landry are friends or not. But if Baker flames out they’re back to the laughing stock. I’ve never been a big baker fan, he’s Jeff Garcia 2.0 to me. But I’m no quarterback expert. 

The main reason the Browns are getting all the publicity is because Baker Mayfield looks like a stud, and now they've surrounded him with weapons. The moment Josh looks like a stud on the field (as appose to just in theory) we'll start to get national attention as well.

Edited by VW82

9 hours ago, The Red King said:

Following free agency, I hopped over to nfl.com and saw an article on whether or not the Patriots were still the favorites.  Poking through the comments though, I saw no mention of the improvements the Bills and Jets have made, most noting the AFC East will be a cakewalk for the Pats.  Okay, I get it, improvements on paper are one thing, but you gotta show improvement on the field.  At the same time, one analyst mentions the Chiefs and Browns as competition.  And the official website poll asks which team is the best in the AFC.  The options are the Pats, the Chiefs, and the...Browns? ?  Not the Chargers, not the Steelers, not the Ravens...the Browns.

Yes, the Browns have improved since last year, but they went 7-8-1, a losing record.  How do they get included in "best of the AFC" discussions without having to prove anything?  Last year was no different, despite going 0-16, some people were picking them to make and even go deep in the playoffs!  I guess I'm just wondering why teams like the Bills and Jets have to prove themselves and the Browns, who have been categorically/historically worse then them get a free pass and become the sexy favorite?

Because they were bad for so long that its a feel good story if they make it. 

We were average forever so we went unnoticed because going 8-8 doesn't garner any attention.

They are the equivalent of Mr irrelevant, we were picked second to last.