Jordan Phillips Buffalove

I wonder if he'd help in recruiting Suh to come here for a year. Just kinda spitballing here but say we wait til after the draft to see how it pans out. 

1st round Jawan Taylor

2nd Rd Jeffrey Simmons

With Simmons out for most of next season due to torn ACL maybe wed want a stopgap in Suh for a year while he rehabs. If Suh leaves maybe he works his way into draft pick compensation for us next draft. 

We realistically have the cap space to sign Suh and Ansah this offseason. Plugs a couple of the remaining holes we have and sets up a really interesting draft for us. 

• Like (+1) 2

This team desperately needed an infusion of "brash." I have ZERO problem with Phillips or Cole repping Buffalo. "Culture" fits are not synonymous with choir boys, as McDermott has flat out stated.

Nothing wrong with players showing a little personality, especially when their doing so in the name of loyalty to the Bills.

15 minutes ago, Iamkrgr said:

I wonder if he'd help in recruiting Suh to come here for a year. Just kinda spitballing here but say we wait til after the draft to see how it pans out. 

1st round Jawan Taylor

2nd Rd Jeffrey Simmons

With Simmons out for most of next season due to torn ACL maybe wed want a stopgap in Suh for a year while he rehabs. If Suh leaves maybe he works his way into draft pick compensation for us next draft. 

We realistically have the cap space to sign Suh and Ansah this offseason. Plugs a couple of the remaining holes we have and sets up a really interesting draft for us. 

He kind of has on twitter.

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I want this sweatshirt!

All the Pats players were wearing these either Superbowl week or leading up to the Chiefs game because they were underdogs. Not sure if the Bills ones were around then. 

38 minutes ago, Iamkrgr said:

1st round Jawan Taylor

2nd Rd Jeffrey Simmons

I don't want Jeffery Simmons until RD3. I'd rather run with Star, Harry and Jordan. Don't like Simmons and I don't think he's an upgrade and I like our guys. How bout a LB?

To be honest I think Simmons is a top 15 talent. If not for getting hurt he'd probably be in talk at 9. I don't think he drops to Rd 3 but you never know. I know he had those earlier charges against when he was younger but from most reports and interviews I've seen that looks to be a thing of the past. Young kids make mistakes. Sometimes a young man needs to grow up.  

Cowboys waited a full year on Jaylon Smith after taking him in the 2nd. Seems to be working out for them as Smith is looking pretty good. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Iamkrgr said:

1st round Jawan Taylor

2nd Rd Jeffrey Simmons

I'm down for this draft.  We can draft Taylor, DK, Hotch, Oliver, Wilkins,trade down- I am good with all that- as long as we get our stud DT.  If we do not go DT in 1st, we must make sure we land Simmons, Tillery,  or other stud DT with 2nd selection IMO

PS- Rock on Jordan Phillips!

1 hour ago, Iamkrgr said:

To be honest I think Simmons is a top 15 talent. If not for getting hurt he'd probably be in talk at 9. I don't think he drops to Rd 3 but you never know. I know he had those earlier charges against when he was younger but from most reports and interviews I've seen that looks to be a thing of the past. Young kids make mistakes. Sometimes a young man needs to grow up.  

Cowboys waited a full year on Jaylon Smith after taking him in the 2nd. Seems to be working out for them as Smith is looking pretty good. 

There's a guy the Eagles drafted from USC in the 2nd round under similar circumstances(can't remember his name). He hasn't really panned out, but was viewed as a top 15 pick without the injury. Ferguson will likely go in the same range.

Edited by LSHMEAB

46 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

There's a guy the Eagles drafted from USC in the 2nd round under similar circumstances(can't remember his name). He hasn't really panned out, but was viewed as a top 15 pick without the injury. Ferguson will likely go in the same range.

Not sure if its the who you're talking about but Sidney Jones tore his Achilles at his pro day. He was talked about as a high draft pick that fell to the 2nd round. He played at Washington. He's had injuries since coming to the league. I'm no doctor but i think and ACL tear could be easier to comeback from than an achilles tear. Could be wrong. Its a risk taking Simmons in the 2nd round but if there was no risk he'd be taken earlier in the draft. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Iamkrgr said:

Not sure if its the who you're talking about but Sidney Jones tore his Achilles at his pro day. He was talked about as a high draft pick that fell to the 2nd round. He played at Washington. He's had injuries since coming to the league. I'm no doctor but i think and ACL tear could be easier to comeback from than an achilles tear. Could be wrong. Its a risk taking Simmons in the 2nd round but if there was no risk he'd be taken earlier in the draft. 

That's the guy. Achilles tears are the worst! Ended Takeo's career. Suggs had the injury and came back strong. I assume the extent of the tear is a factor.

2 hours ago, Iamkrgr said:

Simmons is a top 5 talent before he got hurt.  Even after the injury he will be in play somewhere in the teens of the first round and on.