Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rochester rob

Ryan Shazier

Recommended Posts

With all the crap that has been about /around the Pittsburgh team .You have to give a thumbs up for them carrying Shazier on the roster for the season even though he will never see the field. It allows him to continue with medical coverage and use of the team facility. Class act by that organization.

  • Like (+1) 20
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't surprise me about the Rooney's. Probably a direct order from the top of the ladder.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, rochester rob said:

With all the crap that has been about /around the Pittsburgh team .You have to give a thumbs up for them carrying Shazier on the roster for the season even though he will never see the field. It allows him to continue with medical coverage and use of the team facility. Class act by that organization.

 

 

...despite all of the recent trials and tribulations, hard to deny that they are a solid organization....3 HC's in 48+ years....same GM since 2000.......Rooney family are non-meddling owners.......SIX Lombardis on the shelf......think about collectively what we would give FOR JUST ONE.......pretty impressive lore.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"We will continue to support Ryan's efforts to return to play," Colbert said in a statement.

 

Not sure how long they are going to pretend that's possible. The guy is lucky to be walking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rafter said:

"We will continue to support Ryan's efforts to return to play," Colbert said in a statement.

 

Not sure how long they are going to pretend that's possible. The guy is lucky to be walking.

Honestly, he probably doesn’t believe that he will either deep down. But it’s been giving him something to work toward. It’s a motivator. He’s amazing. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Honestly, he probably doesn’t believe that he will either deep down. But it’s been giving him something to work toward. It’s a motivator. He’s amazing. 

 

No doubt about it. I don't know if I could handle it 1/2 as well as he has. I'm hoping this unfolds into a new chapter for him.. Perhaps coaching

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Honestly, he probably doesn’t believe that he will either deep down. But it’s been giving him something to work toward. It’s a motivator. He’s amazing. 

 

...how could not support that dedication and perseverance to hopefully return?.....didn't KC and the Hunt family stick by Berry in his cancer fight and eventual victory despite the affliction being non-football related?...Shazer's is but some owners do have compassion for their players despite the cost...

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

...how could not support that dedication and perseverance to hopefully return?.....didn't KC and the Hunt family stick by Berry in his cancer fight and eventual victory despite the affliction being non-football related?...Shazer's is but some owners do have compassion for their players despite the cost...

There is no doubt that the Steelers are a first class organization. Which is why I find it hard to give guys like AB the benefit of the doubt when they trash them

  • Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rochester rob said:

With all the crap that has been about /around the Pittsburgh team .You have to give a thumbs up for them carrying Shazier on the roster for the season even though he will never see the field. It allows him to continue with medical coverage and use of the team facility. Class act by that organization.

Marvin Lewis and the Bengals did the same for Devon Still. Helped his little girl continue to get treatment for her illness. #class

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Marvin Lewis and the Bengals did the same for Devon Still. Helped his little girl continue to get treatment for her illness. #class

 

 

Heck, the Bengals kept Marvin Lewis around forever and continued paying him as HC.   So maybe Lewis was just "paying it forward".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

 

...despite all of the recent trials and tribulations, hard to deny that they are a solid organization....3 HC's in 48+ years.....Rooney family are non-meddling owners.......SIX Lombardis on the shelf......think about collectively what we would give FOR JUST ONE.......pretty impressive lore.....

 

It is the classiest move I've seen in sports since...I don't know.

 

It gets him additional longterm health care benefits - I think - for every additional year he is rostered too. Per NFLPA deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...