Anybody know if Ansah has left town yet???

Rebel101

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

I really don't think the Saints can get him for what he wants or enough cap money for them.

They can. The Saints don’t ever have a cap issue. It is a matter of what they offer him. The Bills can overpay and offer a chance to start. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Meh - but do we even want him?  So many talented Edge kids we could draft instead.

I guess if we do get him, we're all in for Hock in the draft, and that part I like.

What if they have the DTs or OL rated higher than the edge rusher?

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

I really don't think the Saints can get him for what he wants or enough cap money for them.

We go through this all the time. It’s not that complicated to structure contracts creatively to reduce cap hit early. Especially if your hall of fame qb is in his final year or two.

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

He gone.

Really curious on the asking price with Clowney.  Obviously we need to give him a big contract, but he's 26 and likely much more impactful than Ansah, plus we have the room to frontload a deal.  If Houston is looking for a "Brown" type package, ie a 3rd/4th and a 5th to avoid him putting a Leveon, I'd like to go that direction.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

35 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Meh - but do we even want him?  So many talented Edge kids we could draft instead.

I guess if we do get him, we're all in for Hock in the draft, and that part I like.

...I'd bet McBeane, the shrewd meister has a "take it or leave it" number on the table.......

48 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Wouldnt mean we were going for Hock.  We would be going for BPA.

Edited by formerlyofCtown