Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
wppete

Beane was pi##ed off about Buffalo comments

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

 

In the past ten seasons they won more than 6 games only four times, twice 9, once 8, and once 7.  Last year they won 6.  It's not like they were winning 10 or 11 games and dropped to 6 wins.  Looking at the past 5 they went 9, 8, 7, 9, 6.  Other than the year they made the playoffs, they were getting worse.

 

Don't know how you came to the conclusion you came too?? 😲🤯

Is 6 not the lowest win total in the past 5 years? I was not claiming them to have been great and suddenly drop off the map. They have been stuck at mediocre to below mediocre for 20 years. That is my point with a lot of this. I have heard for this 20 nearly every year from other fans how this year its different. I will believe it when I see it. I will not let a John Brown and Cole Beasley signing or even Mitch Morse somehow prove to me that its different now. That our GM now gets it. This team was just as average when he got here. He purged talent and has almost gotten back to the level when he got here. And remember Rex screaming about how he is a buffalo guy. No one shows up and doesnt try to say the right things. Let me remind you Beane grew up and lived in North Carolina his whole life basically. He is not from Buffalo and has only Beane here a few years. If he stays a long time I will call him a Buffalo guy. For now he is just playing the part he is supposed to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Why say they could have only won 2-3 games when they won 6?  What purpose does that serve?

 

We'll see if Beane's moves work.  But he gets Buffalo.

 

It is self gratification. It appears to show his claim that the Bills would win only 2-3 games last year was justified.

 

Of course it was a COMPLETE ACCIDENT that Bills absolute blew Vikings out of the water.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

Ditto. I was listening to Bucky & Sully on 1270 yesterday and Bucky was going on about the "history" of the team, as if what previous regimes and owner have any impact on what McBeane are doing now. Sorry, that is just a lazy take.

 

 

You absolutely hate those guys and yet you continue to go miles out of your way to hear their opinions.

 

You are a hot mess for stress dude.😂

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love his attitude and how hard we works. Definitely our franchise GM

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

 

It is self gratification. It appears to show his claim that the Bills would win only 2-3 games last year was justified.

 

Of course it was a COMPLETE ACCIDENT that Bills absolute blew Vikings out of the water.  

I dont know you. Not sure how you claim to know my thoughts. Anyone being honest would say the Bills were bad last year. That is called being real. Am I supposed to be arguing that they were a really good team last year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Love his attitude and how hard we works. Definitely our franchise GM

 

 

We won't know if he was sincere until he holds a PC after he is fired.:flirt:

 

One of the things we've come to be able to expect as Bills fans is Bills management that consistently fluffed the fanbase later hustling out of town without so much as a "see ya'".......... like they "can't wait to blow this dump!".

 

One minute Promo is lighting the candles in his shrine to them and the next minute it's like they never heard of a mother*****ing Buffalo Bill!;)

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ngbills said:

I dont know you. Not sure how you claim to know my thoughts. Anyone being honest would say the Bills were bad last year. That is called being real. Am I supposed to be arguing that they were a really good team last year? 

 

So I am not honest, hmm?  See this is issue - you classify Bills as bad as "everyone" knows.  It is not called being real.  It is called being self-centered.

 

The Bills were good sometimes, very good for two games, and bad for other games, very bad especially in beginning of season. 

They were not given any games by zebras like other teams.  They earned the games they won and earned the games they lost.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

We won't know if he was sincere until he holds a PC after he is fired.:flirt:

 

One of the things we've come to be able to expect as Bills fans is Bills management that consistently fluffed the fanbase later hustling out of town without so much as a "see ya'".......... like they "can't wait to blow this dump!".

 

One minute Promo is lighting the candles in his shrine to them and the next minute it's like they never heard of a mother*****ing Buffalo Bill!;)

 

You might be correct but I have only seen one other Bills GM combat media fallacies besides Beane now has. 

That guy was Bill Polian. Bill remains highly vocal on the positives of WNY and Beane will likely do the same.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can understand why players don't want to play for Buffalo. A lot of the fanbase gives off this blue collar vibe to the city. If I am a young guy that likes to party, a blue collar city is the last place I want to live. 

 

If they ever build a downtown stadium that would help things a lot. They have really built up the night life downtown. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

 

So I am not honest, hmm?  See this is issue - you classify Bills as bad as "everyone" knows.  It is not called being real.  It is called being self-centered.

 

The Bills were good sometimes, very good for two games, and bad for other games, very bad especially in beginning of season. 

They were not given any games by zebras like other teams.  They earned the games they won and earned the games they lost.

 

You confuse me. The consensus around the country or anyone interested in the NFL was that the Bills were bad. I agree with that assessment. Some games they looked better, some they looked worse. Taken as a whole they were bad. Not sure how that makes me self centered? Go ask 1000 people that watched the NFL if they thought the Bills were bad...I would guess at least 80% say yes. This has nothing to do with me. Its the reality of what the team was last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m so mad right now somebody better hold me back I swear !

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ngbills said:

You confuse me. The consensus around the country or anyone interested in the NFL was that the Bills were bad. I agree with that assessment. Some games they looked better, some they looked worse. Taken as a whole they were bad. Not sure how that makes me self centered? Go ask 1000 people that watched the NFL if they thought the Bills were bad...I would guess at least 80% say yes. This has nothing to do with me. Its the reality of what the team was last year. 

 

How many of the thousand did you ask?

 

If you want to talk about what YOU thought (or hoped for) fine, but "consensus" is a easy way of saying "I think so hence everyone else must think so".

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ngbills said:

It happened yes. But its up for debate if it had to happen how it did. Peterman should never been the starter. Many other decisions could have been different. Thats no free pass. Another year like that and these guys could lose their jobs while people want to anoint them best ever status. 

Ugh, go B word somewhere else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

 

It is self gratification. It appears to show his claim that the Bills would win only 2-3 games last year was justified.

 

Of course it was a COMPLETE ACCIDENT that Bills absolute blew Vikings out of the water.  

Not for me. I made some good scratch in Vegas on that game. Took em straight up...lol

Go Bills!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

We’ve come a long way since Chan gave the fanbase a tongue lashing at training camp.

 

In defense of Chan, he was just backing his guys up. Credit to the man for trying to support a team led by Trent fuggin Edwards. His tenure was doomed from the start but all indications were that he's a great man.

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

 

In defense of Chan, he was just backing his guys up. Credit to the man for trying to support a team led by Trent fuggin Edwards. His tenure was doomed from the start but all indications were that he's a great man.

 

I must of missed this one... what was it about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Seriously? They were historically bad last year for stretches of the season. They could have won only 2-3 games as well. They were not a 9 win team.

 

Much of what you said is opinion of where they are headed. Hopefully your positive stance is right. Some people get positive easier then others. I take a more reserved approach. I think it starts with the OL and see some improvement potential there. That will help big time. I am not as positive as others on our WR/TE/RB situation. We will see how it goes but lots of risk. None of those guys require extra attention, game planning, match up issues for other teams. On Defense we are similar to last year. The hope is we dont see some decline in the defense as historically you do in the NFL. 

 

 

 

Play the curmudgeon.  It's cool.  We get it.  It's a win-win for you.  Say we stink, say don't get excited yet, then if we do, you get to say "see, I told you so."  But, if we are good you get to say, "I'm glad I was wrong" and jump on board when we are winning.  In the meantime, I get to add another tool to the blocked list.  See ya.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I appreciate him saying it, but I'll be fired up when the Antonio Browns of the world are excited to come here, not the John Browns.  (Don't get me wrong, thrilled for John Brown...)

That’s on Josh Allen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

 

I must of missed this one... what was it about?

 

Bills fans at TC wouldn't shut up and kept insulting Trent; Chan got fed up with it, kicked them out and said "If you dog one of us you dog all of us." I have no issue with a coach doing that to ***hole fans.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I appreciate him saying it, but I'll be fired up when the Antonio Browns of the world are excited to come here, not the John Browns.  (Don't get me wrong, thrilled for John Brown...)

 

Again, zero evidence that Brown wasn't fired up to come and the Bills decided it wasn't a fit worth pursuing.  ZERO.  Just pundits making assumptions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TroutDog said:

He’s right. Shortsighted, non-critical-thinking people get a hold of a ‘fact’ and refuse to grasp that change happens. Buffalo and Rochester (indeed, the entire rust belt) were unattractive for a time: no more. 

 

Preach, Beane!!! I came back after 20 years in the south. 

While both cities have improved you are still largely the exception- NYS lost population last year and is not going to grow this year. I love Buffalo but it is hard to argue it competes in a lot of ways with southern cities, especially in weather and taxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

 

The team sucked last year?  They were definitely in rebuild mode.  They won 6, could have been 9 had three plays gone the other way.  To me, it was a great year because we were able to get Josh Allen a bunch of games, and the defense ended up #2 in the league.  And look at that schedule.  New England twice, Baltimore, San Diego, Houston, Tennessee, Jacksonville,  Indy, Chicago, Green Bay, Minnesota, Detroit, and the rest of the East.  How the hell did they get 6 wins out of that?  

 

They managed to get out of salary cap hell, and now are poised to become a contender.  They drafted Allen, Edmunds, Phillips, T. Johnson, Wyatt Teller, Siran Neal....and two hugely productive undrafted free agents (who were both rated first round picks in a re-draft), and now we have signed a buttload of free agents, and still 10 picks in the draft.  And the scouting department will help find some more gems the day after the draft. 

 

Very few people pay attention to the Bills, because for years we have been irrelevant.  We're like the last guy picked in the draft.  Not any more.  We're coming to get you, NFL.  

 

Love it when the 10%ers gittheirazz kicked! Great post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I can say with confidence that beane just may end up being the best gm this team/fanbase has seen.

 

I'll reserve the crown until after the draft/camp/preseason and we see the final 53 but he has impressed me so for with this tear down/rebuild process.

 

my gut tells me we're in for one hell of a ride...GO BILLS!!

I like Beane, but it’s *highly* unlikely that anyone will ever top Polian. He deserves his HoF status regardless of whatever he’s said in his later years. If Al Edwards makes a block, he has two rings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

While both cities have improved you are still largely the exception- NYS lost population last year and is not going to grow this year. I love Buffalo but it is hard to argue it competes in a lot of ways with southern cities, especially in weather and taxes.

Yeah, but the issue is when the national media picks on Buffalo they aren’t talking about taxes (or the real reasons some people move), they are just people who have never stepped foot in Buffalo making up a bunch of bull. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...