Beane was pi##ed off about Buffalo comments

wppete

I am from Hamilton Ontario. My father went to school in Buffalo (and Rochester) ages ago and we visited often. I love Buffalo. Just like Hamilton it has had its ups and downs over the years but on the whole I have always had a great time crossing the border and having a little fun in the good old USA. Dare I say I feel a little kinship between Hamilton and Buffalo, similar cities in many ways: lots of hidden gems all over the place that you only know about if you live here and nice people with good spirits who truly love their city. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I predicted the Saints would be good last year. I predicted the Same for the Patriots and Rams.

That was all easy....just as it's easy to predict the Bills sucking for just about every year the past 20 years simply because the talent, and/or coaching, and or GMs, and or ownership were all inferior to the rest of the league.... it's not rocket science.  The better rosters with the better coaches typically win.

The Bills have much more often than not, had NONE of that the for the past couple of decades

For some reason when the "negative nancies" simply state this obvious opinion and prediction of the Bills sucking, some fans get pissed.... and then those negative nancies turn out to be right and those same fans still get irritated with them.? It's very strange. 

No one cares about anything that happened prior to this new regime. It literally has absolutely nothing to do with this current team. Unless you are saying that the stadium is built on an ancient Native burial ground and is cursed or it’s the fans fault, there is nothing about the team that’s the same as 5, 10, 20, 30 years ago. Nothing. 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

That's great man. ??

My point was its just as easy to predict success for a teams as it is for failure of a team. You said it's the easiest thing to do is predict failure.... it has been for an organization such as the Bills.

Where did I say it did? 

Read the bolded in your quote bro

Love that the Bills have Brandon Beane as their GM. Bills finally have a top notch leader, probably the first since Polian left. We have seen all kinds come and go since Polian, many were strictly personnel men and others were just inexperienced and out of their element. Beane checks all the boxes: (1) Leader, (2) Communication skills, (3) Has an Organizational Vision/Plan, (4) Understands talent and value, (5) Willing to use all avenues to acquire talent, (6) Understands the salary cap and the business side, (7) Comfortable with surrounding himself with talented individuals, (8) Low ego and willing to share credit, (9) Competitive/Dedicated and fully committed to winning, (10) Has people skills and respectful to those in the organization, the players and the fans. I am fully confident that it is only a matter of time before the Bills become a consistent winner under Beane's watch.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

While both cities have improved you are still largely the exception- NYS lost population last year and is not going to grow this year. I love Buffalo but it is hard to argue it competes in a lot of ways with southern cities, especially in weather and taxes.

I don’t believe you are getting my point or Beane’s. It’s not about people coming and going, it’s about the fact that the region is, in fact, rebounding from decades of neglect. 

It takes time for business and, thus people, to catch up with a new reality. 

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

I don’t believe you are getting my point or Beane’s. It’s not about people coming and going, it’s about the fact that the region is, in fact, rebounding from decades of neglect. 

It takes time for business and, thus people, to catch up with a new reality. 

While that is true and I love how downtown has changed for the better, IMO the stadium doesn't help or the fanbase either. 

IMO the stadium and a lot of the older fans of the Bills scream Blue Collar. A downtown stadium similar to the one in Atlanta would help the Bills get rid of the Blue Collar stigma. 

As far as the fanbase goes, you really need to drop the whole bring your lunchpail to work type players to play for the Bills. This past week how many of you kept saying that you don't want guys like Odell Beckham or Antonio Brown cause they are Divas and don't fit the Bills mold. Sometimes you need those diva elite WR to get you over the top. 

Blue Collar doesn't win much in this league and the Bills need to lose that.