Beane was pi##ed off about Buffalo comments

wppete

Just now, ngbills said:

You confuse me. The consensus around the country or anyone interested in the NFL was that the Bills were bad. I agree with that assessment. Some games they looked better, some they looked worse. Taken as a whole they were bad. Not sure how that makes me self centered? Go ask 1000 people that watched the NFL if they thought the Bills were bad...I would guess at least 80% say yes. This has nothing to do with me. Its the reality of what the team was last year. 

How many of the thousand did you ask?

If you want to talk about what YOU thought (or hoped for) fine, but "consensus" is a easy way of saying "I think so hence everyone else must think so".

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

It happened yes. But its up for debate if it had to happen how it did. Peterman should never been the starter. Many other decisions could have been different. Thats no free pass. Another year like that and these guys could lose their jobs while people want to anoint them best ever status. 

Ugh, go B word somewhere else

25 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

It is self gratification. It appears to show his claim that the Bills would win only 2-3 games last year was justified.

Of course it was a COMPLETE ACCIDENT that Bills absolute blew Vikings out of the water.  

Not for me. I made some good scratch in Vegas on that game. Took em straight up...lol

Go Bills!

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

We’ve come a long way since Chan gave the fanbase a tongue lashing at training camp.

In defense of Chan, he was just backing his guys up. Credit to the man for trying to support a team led by Trent fuggin Edwards. His tenure was doomed from the start but all indications were that he's a great man.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

In defense of Chan, he was just backing his guys up. Credit to the man for trying to support a team led by Trent fuggin Edwards. His tenure was doomed from the start but all indications were that he's a great man.

I must of missed this one... what was it about?

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Seriously? They were historically bad last year for stretches of the season. They could have won only 2-3 games as well. They were not a 9 win team.

Much of what you said is opinion of where they are headed. Hopefully your positive stance is right. Some people get positive easier then others. I take a more reserved approach. I think it starts with the OL and see some improvement potential there. That will help big time. I am not as positive as others on our WR/TE/RB situation. We will see how it goes but lots of risk. None of those guys require extra attention, game planning, match up issues for other teams. On Defense we are similar to last year. The hope is we dont see some decline in the defense as historically you do in the NFL. 

Play the curmudgeon.  It's cool.  We get it.  It's a win-win for you.  Say we stink, say don't get excited yet, then if we do, you get to say "see, I told you so."  But, if we are good you get to say, "I'm glad I was wrong" and jump on board when we are winning.  In the meantime, I get to add another tool to the blocked list.  See ya.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I appreciate him saying it, but I'll be fired up when the Antonio Browns of the world are excited to come here, not the John Browns.  (Don't get me wrong, thrilled for John Brown...)

That’s on Josh Allen 

15 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

I must of missed this one... what was it about?

Bills fans at TC wouldn't shut up and kept insulting Trent; Chan got fed up with it, kicked them out and said "If you dog one of us you dog all of us." I have no issue with a coach doing that to ***hole fans.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I appreciate him saying it, but I'll be fired up when the Antonio Browns of the world are excited to come here, not the John Browns.  (Don't get me wrong, thrilled for John Brown...)

Again, zero evidence that Brown wasn't fired up to come and the Bills decided it wasn't a fit worth pursuing.  ZERO.  Just pundits making assumptions.

2 hours ago, TroutDog said:

He’s right. Shortsighted, non-critical-thinking people get a hold of a ‘fact’ and refuse to grasp that change happens. Buffalo and Rochester (indeed, the entire rust belt) were unattractive for a time: no more. 

Preach, Beane!!! I came back after 20 years in the south. 

While both cities have improved you are still largely the exception- NYS lost population last year and is not going to grow this year. I love Buffalo but it is hard to argue it competes in a lot of ways with southern cities, especially in weather and taxes.

2 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

The team sucked last year?  They were definitely in rebuild mode.  They won 6, could have been 9 had three plays gone the other way.  To me, it was a great year because we were able to get Josh Allen a bunch of games, and the defense ended up #2 in the league.  And look at that schedule.  New England twice, Baltimore, San Diego, Houston, Tennessee, Jacksonville,  Indy, Chicago, Green Bay, Minnesota, Detroit, and the rest of the East.  How the hell did they get 6 wins out of that?  

They managed to get out of salary cap hell, and now are poised to become a contender.  They drafted Allen, Edmunds, Phillips, T. Johnson, Wyatt Teller, Siran Neal....and two hugely productive undrafted free agents (who were both rated first round picks in a re-draft), and now we have signed a buttload of free agents, and still 10 picks in the draft.  And the scouting department will help find some more gems the day after the draft. 

Very few people pay attention to the Bills, because for years we have been irrelevant.  We're like the last guy picked in the draft.  Not any more.  We're coming to get you, NFL.  

Love it when the 10%ers gittheirazz kicked! Great post.

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I can say with confidence that beane just may end up being the best gm this team/fanbase has seen.

I'll reserve the crown until after the draft/camp/preseason and we see the final 53 but he has impressed me so for with this tear down/rebuild process.

my gut tells me we're in for one hell of a ride...GO BILLS!!

I like Beane, but it’s *highly* unlikely that anyone will ever top Polian. He deserves his HoF status regardless of whatever he’s said in his later years. If Al Edwards makes a block, he has two rings.

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

While both cities have improved you are still largely the exception- NYS lost population last year and is not going to grow this year. I love Buffalo but it is hard to argue it competes in a lot of ways with southern cities, especially in weather and taxes.

Yeah, but the issue is when the national media picks on Buffalo they aren’t talking about taxes (or the real reasons some people move), they are just people who have never stepped foot in Buffalo making up a bunch of bull. 

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

Its on both. He should never have been on the roster. We should not have gone into the season with AJM, Peterman, Allen. Or Taylor, Yates, Peterman the year before. 

And Beane was a man about it....owned the mistake and apologized.  I'll take that attitude 100/100 times, nobody is perfect.  

Not going to indulge beyond that.  if that is still stuck in your craw, I'd suggest washing it down with a cold one and keeping your eyes ahead, this season is going to be exciting!

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You absolutely hate those guys and yet you continue to go miles out of your way to hear their opinions.

You are a hot mess for stress dude.?

I hate them as writers but, if you paid attention to my posts, I said as radio guys they are pretty good. Unfortunately they can't help but return to form and start playing their greatest hits sometimes. Sorry if that disappoints you.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, One Buffalo said:

I don’t know how anyone can not be all in with Beane and this team after today, and what he’s done this week.

Don't worry. Those who are not all in will be here the very moment the team has its first loss. They'll tell you how you were homer kool-aid guzzler while they were smart enough to see it all coming. They'll insist everyone needs to go-- EVERYONE--- including the Pegulas, and they'll explain how the team would be more successful if only THEY were the GM.

Then they'll retreat back to their mother's basement until the next loss.

Happens ever year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ngbills said:

Its on both. He should never have been on the roster. We should not have gone into the season with AJM, Peterman, Allen. Or Taylor, Yates, Peterman the year before. 

I agree completely, but at the very least the learned from it and rectified it mid season. He doesn't shy away from it in his press conferences either. You can't expect front offices to be perfect, but you can expect them not to repeat their mistakes.