Beane was pi##ed off about Buffalo comments

wppete

21 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Ditto. I was listening to Bucky & Sully on 1270 yesterday and Bucky was going on about the "history" of the team, as if what previous regimes and owner have any impact on what McBeane are doing now. Sorry, that is just a lazy take.

I didn't even realize those two had a show...really shows how relevant they are nowadays

43 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Seriously? They were historically bad last year for stretches of the season. They could have won only 2-3 games as well. They were not a 9 win team.

Much of what you said is opinion of where they are headed. Hopefully your positive stance is right. Some people get positive easier then others. I take a more reserved approach. I think it starts with the OL and see some improvement potential there. That will help big time. I am not as positive as others on our WR/TE/RB situation. We will see how it goes but lots of risk. None of those guys require extra attention, game planning, match up issues for other teams. On Defense we are similar to last year. The hope is we dont see some decline in the defense as historically you do in the NFL. 

Why say they could have only won 2-3 games when they won 6?  What purpose does that serve?

We'll see if Beane's moves work.  But he gets Buffalo.

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

I would say - because they have been down this road many times. Every offseason its "different", "that was before", "these guys are better", etc. When Rex got here it was different "Rex would never have come to Buffalo before". When we signed Mario "Times are a changing, its a new era in buffalo". When we sign no one "see these guys are smart and build through the draft". Sign a bunch of guys "these guys are smart and guys want to be here". On and on. That is why people are not all in. To add to that is the team sucked last year after being respectful for most of the past few years. 

In the past ten seasons they won more than 6 games only four times, twice 9, once 8, and once 7.  Last year they won 6.  It's not like they were winning 10 or 11 games and dropped to 6 wins.  Looking at the past 5 they went 9, 8, 7, 9, 6.  Other than the year they made the playoffs, they were getting worse.

Don't know how you came to the conclusion you came too?? ??

30 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

That is not nice to say about @ngbills

It may be true but not nice.

Confusion

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Why say they could have only won 2-3 games when they won 6?  What purpose does that serve?

They are a 6 win team. You or whoever I responded to is the one that said they should have won 9. I was saying they looked much more like a 2-3 win team than a 9 win team. 

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

In the past ten seasons they won more than 6 games only four times, twice 9, once 8, and once 7.  Last year they won 6.  It's not like they were winning 10 or 11 games and dropped to 6 wins.  Looking at the past 5 they went 9, 8, 7, 9, 6.  Other than the year they made the playoffs, they were getting worse.

Don't know how you came to the conclusion you came too?? ??

Is 6 not the lowest win total in the past 5 years? I was not claiming them to have been great and suddenly drop off the map. They have been stuck at mediocre to below mediocre for 20 years. That is my point with a lot of this. I have heard for this 20 nearly every year from other fans how this year its different. I will believe it when I see it. I will not let a John Brown and Cole Beasley signing or even Mitch Morse somehow prove to me that its different now. That our GM now gets it. This team was just as average when he got here. He purged talent and has almost gotten back to the level when he got here. And remember Rex screaming about how he is a buffalo guy. No one shows up and doesnt try to say the right things. Let me remind you Beane grew up and lived in North Carolina his whole life basically. He is not from Buffalo and has only Beane here a few years. If he stays a long time I will call him a Buffalo guy. For now he is just playing the part he is supposed to. 

13 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

It is self gratification. It appears to show his claim that the Bills would win only 2-3 games last year was justified.

Of course it was a COMPLETE ACCIDENT that Bills absolute blew Vikings out of the water.  

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Ditto. I was listening to Bucky & Sully on 1270 yesterday and Bucky was going on about the "history" of the team, as if what previous regimes and owner have any impact on what McBeane are doing now. Sorry, that is just a lazy take.

You absolutely hate those guys and yet you continue to go miles out of your way to hear their opinions.

You are a hot mess for stress dude.?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

It is self gratification. It appears to show his claim that the Bills would win only 2-3 games last year was justified.

Of course it was a COMPLETE ACCIDENT that Bills absolute blew Vikings out of the water.  

I dont know you. Not sure how you claim to know my thoughts. Anyone being honest would say the Bills were bad last year. That is called being real. Am I supposed to be arguing that they were a really good team last year? 

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Love his attitude and how hard we works. Definitely our franchise GM

We won't know if he was sincere until he holds a PC after he is fired.:flirt:

One of the things we've come to be able to expect as Bills fans is Bills management that consistently fluffed the fanbase later hustling out of town without so much as a "see ya'".......... like they "can't wait to blow this dump!".

One minute Promo is lighting the candles in his shrine to them and the next minute it's like they never heard of a mother*****ing Buffalo Bill!;)

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

I dont know you. Not sure how you claim to know my thoughts. Anyone being honest would say the Bills were bad last year. That is called being real. Am I supposed to be arguing that they were a really good team last year? 

So I am not honest, hmm?  See this is issue - you classify Bills as bad as "everyone" knows.  It is not called being real.  It is called being self-centered.

The Bills were good sometimes, very good for two games, and bad for other games, very bad especially in beginning of season. 

They were not given any games by zebras like other teams.  They earned the games they won and earned the games they lost.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

We won't know if he was sincere until he holds a PC after he is fired.:flirt:

One of the things we've come to be able to expect as Bills fans is Bills management that consistently fluffed the fanbase later hustling out of town without so much as a "see ya'".......... like they "can't wait to blow this dump!".

One minute Promo is lighting the candles in his shrine to them and the next minute it's like they never heard of a mother*****ing Buffalo Bill!;)

You might be correct but I have only seen one other Bills GM combat media fallacies besides Beane now has. 

That guy was Bill Polian. Bill remains highly vocal on the positives of WNY and Beane will likely do the same.

• Like (+1) 1

I can understand why players don't want to play for Buffalo. A lot of the fanbase gives off this blue collar vibe to the city. If I am a young guy that likes to party, a blue collar city is the last place I want to live. 

If they ever build a downtown stadium that would help things a lot. They have really built up the night life downtown. 

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

So I am not honest, hmm?  See this is issue - you classify Bills as bad as "everyone" knows.  It is not called being real.  It is called being self-centered.

The Bills were good sometimes, very good for two games, and bad for other games, very bad especially in beginning of season. 

They were not given any games by zebras like other teams.  They earned the games they won and earned the games they lost.

You confuse me. The consensus around the country or anyone interested in the NFL was that the Bills were bad. I agree with that assessment. Some games they looked better, some they looked worse. Taken as a whole they were bad. Not sure how that makes me self centered? Go ask 1000 people that watched the NFL if they thought the Bills were bad...I would guess at least 80% say yes. This has nothing to do with me. Its the reality of what the team was last year.