Beane was pi##ed off about Buffalo comments

wppete

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

The Peterman **** is on McDermott, not Beane. As far as this thread is about Beane, I don't hold him at fault for that debacle. 

Its on both. He should never have been on the roster. We should not have gone into the season with AJM, Peterman, Allen. Or Taylor, Yates, Peterman the year before. 

4 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I would say - because they have been down this road many times. Every offseason its "different", "that was before", "these guys are better", etc. When Rex got here it was different "Rex would never have come to Buffalo before". When we signed Mario "Times are a changing, its a new era in buffalo". When we sign no one "see these guys are smart and build through the draft". Sign a bunch of guys "these guys are smart and guys want to be here". On and on. That is why people are not all in. To add to that is the team sucked last year after being respectful for most of the past few years. 

The team sucked last year?  They were definitely in rebuild mode.  They won 6, could have been 9 had three plays gone the other way.  To me, it was a great year because we were able to get Josh Allen a bunch of games, and the defense ended up #2 in the league.  And look at that schedule.  New England twice, Baltimore, San Diego, Houston, Tennessee, Jacksonville,  Indy, Chicago, Green Bay, Minnesota, Detroit, and the rest of the East.  How the hell did they get 6 wins out of that?  

They managed to get out of salary cap hell, and now are poised to become a contender.  They drafted Allen, Edmunds, Phillips, T. Johnson, Wyatt Teller, Siran Neal....and two hugely productive undrafted free agents (who were both rated first round picks in a re-draft), and now we have signed a buttload of free agents, and still 10 picks in the draft.  And the scouting department will help find some more gems the day after the draft. 

Very few people pay attention to the Bills, because for years we have been irrelevant.  We're like the last guy picked in the draft.  Not any more.  We're coming to get you, NFL.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ngbills said:

Its on both. He should never have been on the roster. We should not have gone into the season with AJM, Peterman, Allen. Or Taylor, Yates, Peterman the year before. 

I can agree with that, in general. I believe it was all the coach's decision to bench TT and throw him in there his rookie year though. As far as this season goes, I think it was Derek Anderson's indecision, in part, that led to us rolling into opening day with those particular guys. I think Beane (and maybe McDermott) were trying to get him in there and he was vacillating. 

18 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Good for you Beane. 

...who in their right mind would  or could EVER let some sniveling, cowardly "under his desk with a keyboard" urinalist get under their skin?......these excriments aren't worth the bead of "Bfo Biased Sweat" on their brow....lemme know when ONE of them publicly steps up with mea culpas" when shown to be dead wrong...um right...SMH......

31 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

He’s right. Shortsighted, non-critical-thinking people get a hold of a ‘fact’ and refuse to grasp that change happens. Buffalo and Rochester (indeed, the entire rust belt) were unattractive for a time: no more. 

Preach, Beane!!! I came back after 20 years in the south. 

Yup.  Snow and cold weather is easier to deal with than earthquakes, forest fires, hurricanes, or a tornado.  Cost of living is lower too.

Just now, TC in St. Louis said:

The team sucked last year?  They were definitely in rebuild mode.  They won 6, could have been 9 had three plays gone the other way.  To me, it was a great year because we were able to get Josh Allen a bunch of games, and the defense ended up #2 in the league.  And look at that schedule.  New England twice, Baltimore, San Diego, Houston, Tennessee, Jacksonville,  Indy, Chicago, Green Bay, Minnesota, Detroit, and the rest of the East.  How the hell did they get 6 wins out of that?  

They managed to get out of salary cap hell, and now are poised to become a contender.  They drafted Allen, Edmunds, Phillips, T. Johnson, Wyatt Teller, Siran Neal....and two hugely productive undrafted free agents (who were both rated first round picks in a re-draft), and now we have signed a buttload of free agents, and still 10 picks in the draft.  And the scouting department will help find some more gems the day after the draft. 

Very few people pay attention to the Bills, because for years we have been irrelevant.  We're like the last guy picked in the draft.  Not any more.  We're coming to get you, NFL.  

Seriously? They were historically bad last year for stretches of the season. They could have won only 2-3 games as well. They were not a 9 win team.

Much of what you said is opinion of where they are headed. Hopefully your positive stance is right. Some people get positive easier then others. I take a more reserved approach. I think it starts with the OL and see some improvement potential there. That will help big time. I am not as positive as others on our WR/TE/RB situation. We will see how it goes but lots of risk. None of those guys require extra attention, game planning, match up issues for other teams. On Defense we are similar to last year. The hope is we dont see some decline in the defense as historically you do in the NFL. 

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...who in their right mind would  or could EVER let some sniveling, cowardly "under his desk with a keyboard" urinalist get under their skin?......these excriments aren't worth the bead of "Bfo Biased Sweat" on their brow....lemme know when ONE of them publicly steps up with mea culpas" when shown to be dead wrong...um right...SMH......

Huh?

10 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I can agree with that, in general. I believe it was all the coach's decision to bench TT and throw him in there his rookie year though. As far as this season goes, I think it was Derek Anderson's indecision, in part, that led to us rolling into opening day with those particular guys. I think Beane (and maybe McDermott) were trying to get him in there and he was vacillating. 

I do feel much better with Allen, Barkley, Anderson this year. At least NFL level QB's across the roster. 

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Yeah, but to be honest, I have no time for any Bills fan that couldn’t understand why last year happened.

This.  I thought they'd be lucky to win 3-4 games.  Instead, the 2nd half of the year was fun, regardless of record, because some of the young guys stepped up. 

• Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Yeah, but to be honest, I have no time for any Bills fan that couldn’t understand why last year happened.

Ditto. I was listening to Bucky & Sully on 1270 yesterday and Bucky was going on about the "history" of the team, as if what previous regimes and owner have any impact on what McBeane are doing now. Sorry, that is just a lazy take.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, White Linen said:

Huh?

....apologize....IMO McBeane and company are doing one helluva job despite any negative criticism out there...and I could really give a rat's azz as to how he is judged.......read a ranking today where his moves have us at #13....hope this clarifies.....post Polian prior years' "F Troop" running the shows would still be hibernating waiting for the official start of FA.......again sorry for confusion...

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

That is not nice to say about @ngbills

It may be true but not nice.