Beane was pi##ed off about Buffalo comments

wppete

He’s right. Shortsighted, non-critical-thinking people get a hold of a ‘fact’ and refuse to grasp that change happens. Buffalo and Rochester (indeed, the entire rust belt) were unattractive for a time: no more. 

Preach, Beane!!! I came back after 20 years in the south. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

I don’t know how anyone can not be all in with Beane and this team after today, and what he’s done this week.

I can say with confidence that beane just may end up being the best gm this team/fanbase has seen.

I'll reserve the crown until after the draft/camp/preseason and we see the final 53 but he has impressed me so for with this tear down/rebuild process.

my gut tells me we're in for one hell of a ride...GO BILLS!!

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
53, the mind isn't what it used to be :D
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, One Buffalo said:

I don’t know how anyone can not be all in with Beane and this team after today, and what he’s done this week.

I would say - because they have been down this road many times. Every offseason its "different", "that was before", "these guys are better", etc. When Rex got here it was different "Rex would never have come to Buffalo before". When we signed Mario "Times are a changing, its a new era in buffalo". When we sign no one "see these guys are smart and build through the draft". Sign a bunch of guys "these guys are smart and guys want to be here". On and on. That is why people are not all in. To add to that is the team sucked last year after being respectful for most of the past few years. 

• Sad 1

Just as many said including myself. Bean is right. Just because they didn’t sign a player doesn’t mean he didn’t want to be a Bill. 

There are a multitude of reasons players might not become Bills that have nothing to do with the worn out garbage some spew.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I would say - because they have been down this road many times. Every offseason its "different", "that was before", "these guys are better", etc. When Rex got here it was different "Rex would never have come to Buffalo before". When we signed Mario "Times are a changing, its a new era in buffalo". When we sign no one "see these guys are smart and build through the draft". Sign a bunch of guys "these guys are smart and guys want to be here". On and on. That is why people are not all in. To add to that is the team sucked last year after being respectful for most of the past few years. 

Yeah, but to be honest, I have no time for any Bills fan that couldn’t understand why last year happened.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 6

About time someone actually connected to the organization actually said it plainly like that. 

Honestly people pointing to the AB situation as modern proof of this notion can kick rocks. AB is a headcase, an anomaly. Personally I think Buffalo dispelled this notion that we're a wasteland that no one will come to was shot down with the Mario Williams signing years ago. Going out this year and getting the (arguably) best FA center in the game, along with another 8 guys should just reinforce that point. But national media, holed up in NYC, Bristol, or LA are encased in their bubbles and slow to learn. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

Yeah, but to be honest, I have no time for any Bills fan that couldn’t understand why last year happened.

It happened yes. But its up for debate if it had to happen how it did. Peterman should never been the starter. Many other decisions could have been different. Thats no free pass. Another year like that and these guys could lose their jobs while people want to anoint them best ever status. 

8 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I can say with confidence that beane just may end up being the best gm this team/fanbase has seen.

I'll reserve the crown until after the draft/camp/preseason and we see the final 52 but he has impressed me so for with this tear down/rebuild process.

my gut tells me we're in for one hell of a ride...GO BILLS!!

You do not care about #53 on active roster?  

I have always thought a NFL team should have a deck of cards with each member of the team one of the cards and one player be the joker, probably the long snapper.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

It happened yes. But its up for debate if it had to happen how it did. Peterman should never been the starter. Many other decisions could have been different. Thats no free pass. Another year like that and these guys could lose their jobs while people want to anoint them best ever status. 

The Peterman **** is on McDermott, not Beane. As far as this thread is about Beane, I don't hold him at fault for that debacle. 

10 minutes ago, ngbills said:

ngbills and njbills seem to be related to each other (or aliases).