AJ McCarron cut by Raiders

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I guess we just blocked out that Baltimore game?

but Gruden was a disaster last year.  Going to look even worse when EJ replaces Mahomes and wins the Super Bowl. 

And you think AJ would have made a difference?

6 hours ago, H2o said:

Absolutely FLEECED the Raiders in that trade.

Never understood the people who complained about that trade. I would trade any backup in the league for a 5th rounder. It was a free pick for nothing. I still don't know how we pulled it off.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Logic said:

Any discussion of rating Brandon Beane's job thus far as GM had BETTER darn well include the fact that he got a 5th round pick in exchange for a 1-year rental of a backup QB. And anyone who says 5th round picks don't matter should go watch some Matt Milano highlights.

It should also include that on the same day that Beane traded AJ, he released Corey Coleman after a 1 month rental that cost 3.5 million.

14 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Running that team into the ground...

The Raiders were so promising not that long ago. I think McCarron thought he was getting into a good situation.

When was that?  That team has had 1 winning season in the past 17 years---and it was 3 years ago.

14 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I am going to love the implosion if Peterman has to start.  Brown is going to go bonkers :):death:

It's all part of the master plan.  Crybaby Carr goes down and in comes McD's ex to deliver the Raiders Trevor Lawrence in 2020.

Y'all aren't paying attention.

52 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It isn't my money. It had no future implications on the cap. Pegula is willing to spend $3.5 million just to let this regime turn over a rock. Why should that bother me?

The discussion wasn’t about whether it bothered anyone.  It’s about it being a bad move.  3.5 million and a pick to turn over a rock that the Browns has already turned over for the whole league to see.  Paying for that guy and then quickly learning what should already have been known with a small amount of due diligence is a bad move.  This guy would have been cut soon enough from the Browns. That should have been obvious in early August

Edited by Mr. WEO