Christian Kirksey Kirksey, Christian Jerry Hughes Lorenzo Alexander
Joe Haden Ward, Denzel Ronald Darby Tre'Davious White
Jamar Taylor Kindred, Derrick Stephon Gilmore Kevin Johnson
Ibraheim Campbell Randall, Damarious Corey Graham Micah Hyde
Jordan Poyer Mitchell, Terrance Aaron Williams Jordan Poyer
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

There has been some turnover. 

No Browns the same, and only 3 Bills.   LeSean McCoy, Jerry Hughes, Lorenzo Alexander.

But then again, both of those teams stunk 3 years ago.  So there SHOULD be a ton of turnover.

2 minutes ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

The 2016 Bills weren't bums. That roster had a lot of talent and would have made the playoffs if their head coach wasn't such a fat, lazy piece of sh!t.

The sum was definitely not as good as the parts and the Head Coach definitely has the biggest slice of the blame.

1 minute ago, Mark Long Beach said:

No Browns the same, and only 3 Bills.   LeSean McCoy, Jerry Hughes, Lorenzo Alexander.

But then again, both of those teams stunk 3 years ago.  So there SHOULD be a ton of turnover.

Yeah. It’s crazy. You’d expect a lot, but that’s shocking. 

Am I crazy in saying that other then our safeties and QB, from a talent perspective... we may have been better in 2016 then 2019

is this just another reminder how much having a talented QB and a GM and a coach that see's eye to eye, can make us fans see things a little differently

5 minutes ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

The 2016 Bills weren't bums. That roster had a lot of talent and would have made the playoffs if their head coach wasn't such a fat, lazy piece of sh!t.

I must be thinking of 2007.

21 minutes ago, ngbills said:
2016 2019 2016 2019
Cody Kessler Baker Mayfield Tyrod Taylor Josh Allen
Isaiah Crowell Nick Chubb LeSean McCoy LeSean McCoy
Corey Coleman Odell Beckham Marquise Goodwin John Brown
Terrelle Pryor Jarvis Landry Sammy Watkins Zay Jones
Andrew Hawkins Rashard Higgins Robert Woods Cole Beasley
Gary Barnidge David Njoku Charles Clay Tyler Kroft
Joe Thomas Greg Robinson Cordy Glenn Dion Dawkins
Spencer Drango Joel Bitonio Richie Incognito Wyatt Teller
Cameron Erving JC Tretter Eric Wood Mitch Morse
John Greco Austin Corbett John Miller Spencer Long
Austin Pasztor Chris Hubbard Jordan Mills Ty Nsehke

Jamie Meder Garrett, Myles  Adolphus Washington Trent Murpy
Emmanuel Ogbah Ogunjobi, Larry Kyle Williams Jerry Hughes
Danny Shelton Richardson, Sheldon Marcell Dareus Star Lotulelei
Jamie Collins Vernon, Olivier Preston Brown Harrison Phillips
Demario Davis Avery, Genard Lorenzo Alexander Matt Milano
Cam Johnson Schobert, Joe Zach Brown Tremaine Edmunds
Christian Kirksey Kirksey, Christian Jerry Hughes Lorenzo Alexander
Joe Haden Ward, Denzel Ronald Darby Tre'Davious White
Jamar Taylor Kindred, Derrick Stephon Gilmore Kevin Johnson
Ibraheim Campbell Randall, Damarious Corey Graham Micah Hyde
Jordan Poyer Mitchell, Terrance Aaron Williams Jordan Poyer

I'd have Rob Foster in ahead of Zay Jones!

16 minutes ago, Bills92 said:

Am I crazy in saying that other then our safeties and QB, from a talent perspective... we may have been better in 2016 then 2019

is this just another reminder how much having a talented QB and a GM and a coach that see's eye to eye, can make us fans see things a little differently

man.   I had to go back and look closer,  but yeah,  we had some good people back then.  Not quite so clearly better though. QB is a significant downgrade,  Goodwin hadn't turned the corner, and our linebackers were okay, but slow.  (and too many were miscast in the defensive realignment)  Aaron Williams sadly broke and depth behind him stunk.  Miller, Mills and Adolphus Washington ranged between almost serviceable to dreadful.

But I definitely agree, we should have gone a lot farther than we did, and the reason was the coaching staff.

Edited by Mark Long Beach

What are we trying to prove here? From a talent perspective our 2016 team was much better. Browns are way ahead of us right now, but that can change with some much needed internal development.

The problem with the Whaley regime was never about talent though. It was about bad leadership, bad cap management, and an inability to identify a winning QB. In those respects, we're much better off now. 

Edited by VW82

57 minutes ago, Mark Long Beach said:

man.   I had to go back and look closer,  but yeah,  we had some good people back then.  Not quite so clearly better though. QB is a significant downgrade,  Goodwin hadn't turned the corner, and our linebackers were okay, but slow.  (and too many were miscast in the defensive realignment)  Aaron Williams sadly broke and depth behind him stunk.  Miller, Mills and Adolphus Washington ranged between almost serviceable to dreadful.

But I definitely agree, we should have gone a lot farther than we did, and the reason was the coaching staff.

To me shows a few things.

1. The Browns roster was awful and has improved leaps and bounds in just a few years. In Buffalo some folks still seem to say we need 2-3 more years...

2. Our roster was not as bad prior to McD/Beane. The roster was dismantled and is still not there yet. 

3. The Browns are a better team by far right now. 

The Browns had a terrible roster except for a few excellent players (Thomas, Haden).  The were eager to dump and start over.  The Bills had most of the defensive personnel from the Schwartz D and thought Wrecks would only make them even better -- fat chance (hah). The Bills also had talent at RB and WR and knew it, but without a QB it was wasted. The Bills took a pretty big dip in order to regroup, but the Browns went waaaay down and got picks and cap cash to rebound fast. 

On paper the Browns look like the team to beat in their division.  (Amazing to say that but true.)  We'll have to see how the coaching works out and whether the team bonds.  On paper the Browns are stronger than the Bills, but so what.  I'll be happy to play the Browns in the playoffs.

I think the Bills have patched enough holes to be a lot better this year.  I am not convinced the O linemen we brought in are the solution, and RB by senior committee is an interesting strategy to put it mildly, but we still have the draft to go, to grab some strong players. 

We all need to hope for the Browns to be a dumpster fire of divas. This team needs the Browns to take the NFL playoff drought record from the Bills.

47 minutes ago, ngbills said:

To me shows a few things.

1. The Browns roster was awful and has improved leaps and bounds in just a few years. In Buffalo some folks still seem to say we need 2-3 more years...

2. Our roster was not as bad prior to McD/Beane. The roster was dismantled and is still not there yet. 

3. The Browns are a better team by far right now. 

Please quote the person who says the Bills are still 2-3 years away still.

I find it a little crazy how much love the browns are getting. They have a nice roster going but this year is going to be packed with pressure. They are putting a lot on some really young players and some serious egos over there. Couple bad games and the wheels could literally come off. Way too early to crown them, sure praise them for turning over the roster I get that. But the pressure is already being packed on from all across the country. 

The media is going to eat some of these kids alive. 

The hunt saga 

the constant OBJ stat analysis 

is Baker the man to lead this team 

the new head coach 

I thank god that kind of pressure isn’t on the bills this season. I would hate that. 

47 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

We all need to hope for the Browns to be a dumpster fire of divas. This team needs the Browns to take the NFL playoff drought record from the Bills.

Please quote the person who says the Bills are still 2-3 years away still.

Read the Antonio Brown threads. Many of the excuses were that the Bills did not want to overpay for him because we are still a few years away from the playoffs. Would be a waste as his contract would be up when we are ready to compete. 

4 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Read the Antonio Brown threads. Many of the excuses were that the Bills did not want to overpay for him because we are still a few years away from the playoffs. Would be a waste as his contract would be up when we are ready to compete. 

I don't see it.