Imagine if we Lee Evans could have played with Allen!

The only thing JP did well was throw a nice deep ball, which happened to be what Evans was good at. Evans ran a very nice go/fly route and JP did a fine job finding him. Looks good in a highlight tape but that's about it.

Evans was a good deep threat that could be valuable if you have other weapons on offense. He was far from a complete receiver. 

Allen still needs to prove he can consistently hit players in stride on longer and shorter passes and not get his players killed with his inaccurate passes across the middle.

Most other things about him are fine esp the great athleticism and winning attitude. Learning how to pass with finesse is something that should be learned in junior leagues.

I think many Bills fans are way too sure about Allen at this point.Just being realistic...yet hopeful.

we have been thru this(denial of weaknesses) with every QB since kelly w the exception of Flutie..who was already 36 yrs old when we picked him up.

Edited by Tcali
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The 10/05/08 game @ AZ ... the worst hangover of my life.

Made the mistake of going to a bachelorette party in Lake Havasu the night before with the grand idea of driving to Glendale the morning of the game. Didn't wake up until 11, literally pulled over no less than 10 times on the side of the road to throw up. Got to the game mid-first quarter. Ran through the parking lot only to hear that Trent Edward's had been knocked out of the game over the speakers. Finally got to our seats just in time to watch the blow out. That TD to Lee gave me hope for like 3 seconds. 

I did have the best subway sammich of my life on my 5 hour drive home to Vegas. 

1 minute ago, LVGrown said:

The 10/05/08 game @ AZ ... the worst hangover of my life.

Made the mistake of going to a bachelorette party in Lake Havasu the night before with the grand idea of driving to Glendale the morning of the game. Didn't wake up until 11, literally pulled over no less than 10 times on the side of the road to throw up. Got to the game mid-first quarter. Ran through the parking lot only to hear that Trent Edward's had been knocked out of the game over the speakers. Finally got to our seats just in time to watch the blow out. That TD to Lee gave me hope for like 3 seconds. 

I did have the best subway sammich of my life on my 5 hour drive home to Vegas. 

Sounds like something to be proud of:D

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/14/2019 at 3:28 PM, John from Riverside said:

Seemed to me like Lee Evans was CONSISTANTLY open.....especially on his deep routes

my selective memory is of a few times JP running for his life for many seconds and finding Evans way down field

it was entertaining and amusing

On 3/14/2019 at 3:14 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Evans had excellent hands and was a great route runner.  I don't think you are remembering him accurately.  He was poorly used as mostly a deep threat, but he could run the whole route tree and make contested catches.  

But yeah, John Brown can be part of that role for Allen, super excited we signed him and Beasley to work the underneath.  

I really liked Lee Evans while he was here, but honestly when he went to Baltimore I thought he would tear it up with a better qb or atleast well established, he really did not do much there. Question is was anyone else surprised he fizzled out when he left Buffalo?

On 3/14/2019 at 8:51 PM, Boca BIlls said:

How about we imagine a WR that isnt old and didn't suck.

If their fondest memories are of the Losman Era then there is no fun in piling on their misery....

On 3/14/2019 at 3:09 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

So the Losman thread about impressing at Clemson got me to post a Losman highlight reel for fun in it, but all it really did was remind me just how good Lee Evans was.  

People tend to forget how good Lee Evans was and how bad his luck was to play with crap QB's most of his career.  Can you imagine who good Allen and Evans would be together?  

Just bringing some light back on one of the most underrated Ex-Bills players of all time.  

....what were the odds of TWO 83 yd TD plays in the same game to #83?..............

I really loved Evans coming out of Wisconsin, much more than I did during his time on the Bills....

so much so that I remember posting once in here back in 2004 that I'd much rather have him & JP than Big Ben. :doh:

11 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....what were the odds of TWO 83 yd TD plays in the same game to #83?..............

Tyrod threw 2 long distance bombs in one game, only took the GDT about 5 minutes to start complaining it didn't give the D enough rest by scoring that quick.

:D

Edited by row_33